• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ToddDaGod

Any news on Jamtin?

Rate this topic

I think i read a few months ago that they were leaving him over seas this season. I'm also pretty sure he signed a contract to play in Finland, which is a tougher league than sweden, so the Wings might be happy that he's getting to play a tougher game this year without bringing him over here and having culture shock or something. He's still young, so he has time..he'll probably be in Grand Rapids next season.

I think i read a few months ago that they were leaving him over seas this season. I'm also pretty sure he signed a contract to play in Finland, which is a tougher league than sweden, so the Wings might be happy that he's getting to play a tougher game this year without bringing him over here and having culture shock or something. He's still young, so he has time..he'll probably be in Grand Rapids next season.

Cool, thanks for the info. Sounds like he would be great with Maltby and help our grit situation, but not this season.

Cool, thanks for the info. Sounds like he would be great with Maltby and help our grit situation, but not this season.

Probably not next season either.

If he's playing in Europe this season, then I would like to see him get a year under his belt with Grand Rapids before we bring him into the Wings lineup.

If we really need it though, I guess he MAY be rushed in after this season, but it would be preferable if he wasn't.

I heard Jämtin signed with TPS Turku because wanted to improve his poor skating ability. And Finnish SM-league is best place to develop that. They practise here two times like in Swedish Elitserien and the game more skating-related.

He has good place to develop under the eyes of Hannu Jortikka (headcoach of TPS) who is called like Finnish "Bowman". He is very demanding "discipline" coach and has won more champions than any other coach in the SM-league history.

I just heard from my friend from Turku that Jämtin is doing very well at pre-season. He started at TPS as a third liner, but he has alredy risen to the first line with his good effort.

He's a fighter, but not by using his hands. He's a fighter as a person. He has never gotten anything for free anywhere during his career. In every team he has played, he has started from the bottom and fought his way to the top lines.

And he is doing the same again.

I think he will be a Wing some day. This is getting better and better at every moment.

Edited by Henkka

I just heard from my friend from Turku that Jämtin is doing very well at pre-season. He started at TPS as a third liner, but he has alredy risen to the first line with his good effort.

He's a fighter, but not by using his hands. He's a fighter as a person. He has never gotten anything for free anywhere during his career. In every team he has played, he has started from the bottom and fought his way to the top lines.

And he is doing the same again.

I think he will be a Wing some day. This is getting better and better at every moment.

thumbup.gif Thanks! Good news, would love to see him play.