Schneider to be traded?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Steen

Steen

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:25 PM

Howard Berger says the Leafs are close to acquiring a "name" defenseman that played with the Montreal Canadiens and New York Islanders in the past. The one possibility there is Mathieu Schneider, another being UFA Scott Lachance.

But if it's a "name" defenseman, is it possible the Wings would move the newly signed defenseman to make room for Datsyuk and Zetterberg?

#2 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Steen @ August 11, 2005 - 11:25PM)
Howard Berger says the Leafs are close to acquiring a "name" defenseman that played with the Montreal Canadiens and New York Islanders in the past. The one possibility there is Mathieu Schneider, another being UFA Scott Lachance.

But if it's a "name" defenseman, is it possible the Wings would move the newly signed defenseman to make room for Datsyuk and Zetterberg?

We don't need to make room for Dats and Zetts. They ain't gonna get paid what we hear they are asking for. As for Schneider, the Leafs can't afford him. With Nolan on the payroll they are literally f'd.
naked is a state of mind

#3 Steen

Steen

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (DRW Dominance @ August 11, 2005 - 11:29PM)

We don't need to make room for Dats and Zetts. They ain't gonna get paid what we hear they are asking for. As for Schneider, the Leafs can't afford him. With Nolan on the payroll they are literally f'd.

Owen Nolan will not count against the cap.

Says the NHL and the Maple Leafs.

#4 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:54 PM

I don't forsee Schneider moving anywhere. And I don't really see all that much from the Leafs that would be an appropriate replacement.

peace

Posted Image

#5 Steen

Steen

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (norrisnick @ August 11, 2005 - 11:54PM)
I don't forsee Schneider moving anywhere. And I don't really see all that much from the Leafs that would be an appropriate replacement.

peace

What if the Wings want to move Schneider and see Hamrlik as a viable replacement?

#6 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Steen @ August 11, 2005 - 11:03PM)
QUOTE (norrisnick @ August 11, 2005 - 11:54PM)
I don't forsee Schneider moving anywhere.  And I don't really see all that much from the Leafs that would be an appropriate replacement.

peace

What if the Wings want to move Schneider and see Hamrlik as a viable replacement?

Then they would have just signed Hamrlik as opposed to Schneider. Unless Toronto has a sweet deal to offer I don't think this is going to happen. Don't see too many sign-and-trades when the player in question was UFA.

peace

Posted Image

#7 Vladinator

Vladinator

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:47 AM

Schneider was absolutely hated while he was in Toronto the first time, why would they bring him back???

As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy
We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

#8 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:08 AM

Could also be Malakhov. Although Malakhov signed in Jersey, so that's the same situation as Schneider.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#9 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:24 AM

You don't sign a guy to a three million dollar contract and trade him...

They are smoking crack in Toronto again.

#10 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 12:58 AM

Screw this, keep Schneider!

#11 mutherpucker27

mutherpucker27

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:10 AM

Maybe if the Leafs were dumb enough to send Kaberle or McCabe our way in exchange. But even the Leafs can't be that dumb...if you want a defenseman, why trade away one that's better than the one you're getting?

#12 Wingsfan31

Wingsfan31

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:05 AM

To my knowledge, Schneider never played for the Isles, only the Rags, Leafs and Kings.

#13 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:10 AM

Exactly..need to look elsewhere....Schneider never played for the Isles, and besides, he's not going anywhere.

#14 Vladinator

Vladinator

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ August 13, 2005 - 09:10AM)
Exactly..need to look elsewhere....Schneider never played for the Isles, and besides, he's not going anywhere.

Schneider played 13 games in 94-95 for the Islanders and 65 games in 95-96 for them...

I wish it were true that we were looking to move him...in my opinion, we could spend his 3.3 million better, but it isn't going to happen...especially to Toronto, where he was greeted with a chorus of boo's everytime he took the ice...
As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy
We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

#15 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Vladinator @ August 13, 2005 - 10:46AM)
Schneider played 13 games in 94-95 for the Islanders and 65 games in 95-96 for them...

I wish it were true that we were looking to move him...in my opinion, we could spend his 3.3 million better, but it isn't going to happen...especially to Toronto, where he was greeted with a chorus of boo's everytime he took the ice...

blush.gif You're correct....but I can't see Detroit trading Schneider.

#16 lamf

lamf

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:26 PM

Maybe their thinking of trading Schneider for Staffan Kronwall(6'3"211) who is Niklas Kronwall's younger brother

http://www.mapleleaf.....ffan Kronwall

Edited by lamf, 13 August 2005 - 11:27 PM.

#17 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (lamf @ August 13, 2005 - 11:26PM)
Maybe their thinking of trading Schneider for Staffan Kronwall(6'3"211) who is Niklas Kronwall's younger brother

The younger Kronwall is a throw-in for any sort of trade. It would take a hell of a lot more than an AHL calibre defenseman with longshot odds of making the NHL to move Schneider.

peace

Posted Image

#18 lamf

lamf

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (norrisnick @ August 14, 2005 - 12:53AM)
QUOTE (lamf @ August 13, 2005 - 11:26PM)

The younger Kronwall is a throw-in for any sort of trade. It would take a hell of a lot more than an AHL calibre defenseman with longshot odds of making the NHL to move Schneider.

peace

What I ment was getting Kronwall and something like Ponikarovsky or Antropov

#19 kocur26_26

kocur26_26

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:13 AM

Schneider will be staying.

#20 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (lamf @ August 14, 2005 - 12:58AM)
What I ment was getting Kronwall and something like Ponikarovsky or Antropov

These 2 clowns haven't figured out how to play hockey yet.
naked is a state of mind