• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Steen

Schneider to be traded?

Rate this topic

Howard Berger says the Leafs are close to acquiring a "name" defenseman that played with the Montreal Canadiens and New York Islanders in the past. The one possibility there is Mathieu Schneider, another being UFA Scott Lachance.

But if it's a "name" defenseman, is it possible the Wings would move the newly signed defenseman to make room for Datsyuk and Zetterberg?

Howard Berger says the Leafs are close to acquiring a "name" defenseman that played with the Montreal Canadiens and New York Islanders in the past. The one possibility there is Mathieu Schneider, another being UFA Scott Lachance.

But if it's a "name" defenseman, is it possible the Wings would move the newly signed defenseman to make room for Datsyuk and Zetterberg?

We don't need to make room for Dats and Zetts. They ain't gonna get paid what we hear they are asking for. As for Schneider, the Leafs can't afford him. With Nolan on the payroll they are literally f'd.

We don't need to make room for Dats and Zetts. They ain't gonna get paid what we hear they are asking for. As for Schneider, the Leafs can't afford him. With Nolan on the payroll they are literally f'd.

Owen Nolan will not count against the cap.

Says the NHL and the Maple Leafs.

I don't forsee Schneider moving anywhere. And I don't really see all that much from the Leafs that would be an appropriate replacement.

peace

What if the Wings want to move Schneider and see Hamrlik as a viable replacement?

I don't forsee Schneider moving anywhere.  And I don't really see all that much from the Leafs that would be an appropriate replacement.

peace

What if the Wings want to move Schneider and see Hamrlik as a viable replacement?

Then they would have just signed Hamrlik as opposed to Schneider. Unless Toronto has a sweet deal to offer I don't think this is going to happen. Don't see too many sign-and-trades when the player in question was UFA.

peace

Could also be Malakhov. Although Malakhov signed in Jersey, so that's the same situation as Schneider.

Exactly..need to look elsewhere....Schneider never played for the Isles, and besides, he's not going anywhere.

Schneider played 13 games in 94-95 for the Islanders and 65 games in 95-96 for them...

I wish it were true that we were looking to move him...in my opinion, we could spend his 3.3 million better, but it isn't going to happen...especially to Toronto, where he was greeted with a chorus of boo's everytime he took the ice...

Schneider played 13 games in 94-95 for the Islanders and 65 games in 95-96 for them...

I wish it were true that we were looking to move him...in my opinion, we could spend his 3.3 million better, but it isn't going to happen...especially to Toronto, where he was greeted with a chorus of boo's everytime he took the ice...

blush.gif You're correct....but I can't see Detroit trading Schneider.

Maybe their thinking of trading Schneider for Staffan Kronwall(6'3"211) who is Niklas Kronwall's younger brother

http://www.mapleleafs.com/bio.ml?playerNam...ffan%20Kronwall

The younger Kronwall is a throw-in for any sort of trade. It would take a hell of a lot more than an AHL calibre defenseman with longshot odds of making the NHL to move Schneider.

peace

Maybe their thinking of trading Schneider for Staffan Kronwall(6'3"211) who is Niklas Kronwall's younger brother

http://www.mapleleafs.com/bio.ml?playerNam...ffan%20Kronwall

The younger Kronwall is a throw-in for any sort of trade. It would take a hell of a lot more than an AHL calibre defenseman with longshot odds of making the NHL to move Schneider.

peace

What I ment was getting Kronwall and something like Ponikarovsky or Antropov

These 2 clowns haven't figured out how to play hockey yet.

thats probably because toronto doesn't no how to play them and who to play them with.

I'm sure if they were to play in detroit that they would improve.

Edited by lamf

To my knowledge, Schneider never played for the Isles, only the Rags, Leafs and Kings.

Besides for the those teams and the Isles, he played for Montreal and won the Cup with them in 93.

Schneider isn't going anywhere...

With the new CBA, do salaries have to match when a trade is made, like in the NBA and other sports?

If so, then lets do Schneider for Lindros and Allison, whose combined salaries add up to about the same as Schneider's (if I remember correctly).

*** Yes, I was being sarcastic in case it wasn't obvious.