• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
carpediem

Hossa?

Rate this topic

According to http://hockey-leaks.blogspot.com/:

Marian Hossa wants over 6 million a season to stay in Ottawa. Some reports are saying Detroit is trying to pry Hossa away from them, maybe Datsyuk in return? Detroit is apparently also still interested in adding another goalie and dealing Legace.

Any thoughts? Any way to get Hossa w/o giving up Dats?

Any thoughts? Any way to get Hossa w/o giving up Dats?

Nope. Plus Datsyuk alone likely wouldn't get it done. Hossa is a better player in nearly ever conceivable area of the game plus he's bigger and younger.

peace

Nope.  Plus Datsyuk alone likely wouldn't get it done.  Hossa is a better player in nearly ever conceivable area of the game plus he's bigger and younger.

peace

says you...

along with probably every GM, coach, scout, player, equipment manager, announcer, referee, zamboni driver, and anyone else who follows hockey...

Hossa is by far better then Datsyuk, and is worth far more...

Nope.  Plus Datsyuk alone likely wouldn't get it done.  Hossa is a better player in nearly ever conceivable area of the game plus he's bigger and younger.

peace

says you...

along with probably every GM, coach, scout, player, equipment manager, announcer, referee, zamboni driver, and anyone else who follows hockey...

Hossa is by far better then Datsyuk, and is worth far more...

Yeah, Hossa is a FORCE.

Any way to get Hossa w/o giving up Dats?

It's unlikely that we could get Hossa even if we DID include Datsyuk, so I doubt that we would have any chance at all if we tried to get him WITHOUT giving up Datsyuk.

As has been previously mentioned, Hossa is younger and bigger than Datsyuk, plus he is better across the board, and he is more reliable than Datsyuk.

I can't see this trade happening even with Datsyuk in it. Perhaps is we gave them Datsyuk AND Zetterberg then we would have a shot at Hossa, but I wouldn't wat to give up two young guys for one.

Nope. Plus Datsyuk alone likely wouldn't get it done. Hossa is a better player in nearly ever conceivable area of the game plus he's bigger and younger.

peace

While I agree Hossa is a far better player than Datsyuk, it is not necessarily true Ottawa wouldn't be interested in trading for only Datsyuk. The biggest problem for Ottawa is the amount of money he wants. So, if we traded Dats and Hank for Hossa, it would cost Ottawa more than just to sign Hossa.

I do agree it will take a little more than Datsyuk to get Hossa, but not that much. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick or a B-level prospect.

The salary cap is a major reason to have to trade someone. The Flyers sent Roenick and a 3rd round pick to LA for future considerations just to get the salary off their hands. This is also why St. Louis and either Heatley or Kovalchuk will becoming available, as well. Teams cannot afford to tie up over a third of their cap space on two players.

Just keep in mind when talking about trades salaries play a big role and teams are not necessarily looking to trade "equal amounts of talent".