• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cap20066

Lions Preseason Game 1

Rate this topic

The good: Joey looked great, recievers looked good, Holt looked O.K., Lehman looked improved from last season.

The bad: Defense was horrid, both lines were terrible, Boss looked like his timing was way off. Garcia sucks. Orlovsky doesnt look like he'll ever be starting material.

The score: 7-3 Jets

The score 10-3.............

Joey looked DAMN good (9-9 100yds)

Both teams were s***ty after the first half.....

Bunch of rookie mistakees led to 9 penalties in second half....

I had to turn it off after Jones and Joey sat -- that was awful to watch...

Defense BLOWS!!! The whole lot of them! They ALL suck!!!!!!

O-line was ATROCIOUS!!!! Just awful!!!!!! We could put a better line together using LGW members!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The skill players on offense looked good...KJ, Joey, CRog, Roy. Mike Williams looked a little sluggish...but his size allows him to make plays anyways. Pollard and Fitzsimmons looked ok too.

Sledge getting hurt sorta stinks...

Joey looked good, yes. But let's wait to pass judgement on him once the REGULAR season starts, I don't think pre-season means shat to nfl veterans. I think pre-season is more for the rookies to get a taste of what the nfl is going to be like.

I wouldn't say Garcia sucks, not just after ONE PRE-SEASON game, but you can say his deep ball sucks. When you can say Harrington has a decent deep ball compared to another qb you know something is wrong.

deepball = most overrated part of a quarterbacks game

Try telling that to a certain person that threw 49 touchdowns last year OR any other top qb. Please explain why it is so over-rated. I know that in the wco it's really not that important for a qb to have a deepball, but it does help, and its certainly not over-rated.

Reason why it isn't: It adds another dimension to the offense that the defense has to worry about. If you just have a qb that can throw short slant routes (much like Garcia AND Joey, more Garcia though) than the safeties can blitz with ease, double team, etc. all they want becuase they know that the qb can't throw it deep. Second reason: play action. KJ is going to be a beast this year and the Lions will be able to utilize the play action a ton. Look at the Colts, they use the play action to PERFECTION and that gives Manning the time to heave the ball downfield. You get those safeties and lbs to bite on that play action, whip it down field to some of the biggest targets in the NFL right now and you got yourself a huge chunk of yardage and even a touchdown.

OK game today. Joey, KJ, and Williams X2 didn't look too bad. Only complaint I had with Joey is he still really doesn't put the football where it needs to BUT his arm looks a whole lot better. If he can place some of his passes better he could have a very productive season. Garcia looked good and bad, threw two picks and one td. Joey should watch Garcias td pass though, that thing was placed PERFECT and it was about a 35 yard pass. Orlovosky or whatever looked like a rookie, threw a HORRIBLE pick in the last 2 minutes. Defense sorta sucked again, Shaun Rogers left early with a bruised calf I believe.

Bright side: KJ DESTROYED this db, absolutely DESTROYED him. I was laughing so hard, he freakin' took out the guys shoulder. He had to have laid there for a couple minutes. KJ is going to be a BEAST this year, right now he's the only sure thing we have. I'm still laughin' just by the freakin' sound of it....

I thought it was an OK game too. I was in attendence today so I got to see first hand how the lions are playing. I thought Jeff Garcia tried to do too much. Kinda weird seeing former michigan star Braylon Edwards playing against Detroit.

The lions had that game won but they couldnt play defense and when olovosky tried to drive the team in the last mins, he looked pathetic.

I thought Jeff Garcia tried to do too much. Kinda weird seeing former michigan star Braylon Edwards playing against Detroit.

Yea, he ran way too much. Not that he did a bad job at it becuase he picked up quite a few first downs doing it BUT it was the way he did it. He's not that big of guy and he's pretty damn old and he just plows into lbs which is going to get him hurt. When he just let the play happen and didn't scramble (although he needed to at times) he did awesome including the td pass.

Edwards is gonna be a top notch reciever just by his size alone and he's pretty quick. He almost made that nice one handed catch when the ball was thrown out of bounds and the td pass he caught was nice also. I love seeing talent coming out of Michigan (as a whole state) regardless where they end up playing...

the lions are still plagued by predictability once they get in the red zone. they throw the ball all down the field, mixing in some runs and some play action passes. they get to the five yard line with first and goal and everyone in the world knows what they are going to do. hand off. that gets stuffed. if they would try a play action pass there would be two wide open receivers in the endzone because everyone is expecting the run. it's so frustrating. joey gets blamed for not producing any td's, well i blame tollner and marriuci for that. they are so hung up on running the damn ball that it's costing them td's in the redzone. maybe someone should show these guys a tape of the patriots throwing the ball their first 14 plays in a game last year. (dillon ended up with 120 yards rushing in that one). the patriots take what the other team gives them. so do the colts. it's ok to use the pass to set up the run. if they are putting 8 men in the box, throw the damn ball!