• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Eklund Rumor: Cujo back to Detroit?

Rate this topic

Also interesting is that he posts that we've signed Andy Delmore. Anyone heard anything else about this one? I think we already have the best defense corps in hockey, and adding Delmore (even if he doesn't play a lot of defense, as I've read...haven't seen him a whole lot) can only help. Lidstrom, Schneider, Fischer, Kronwall, Chelios, Delmore, Rivers. That's solid.

-Tim

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/

Cujo. After waiting for the Leafs to move Belfour, which does not look to be in the cards, Cujo has been in communication with Edmonton, and St. Louis. Detroit may come into the picture soon.

Why would detroit want to sign Cujo? This makes no sense to me. This would have to be a sign and trade.

I'm like you....I don't see it happening. We can't really afford him and who would we shuffle to put him in the mix...Osgood as back up and Legace as a trade somewhere?

On top of that...I can't imagine he wants ANYTHING to do with us after the soap opera.

Sorry, but Eklund is a pure jackass here. IMO, this rumor is complete BS. After we sign Osgood, and have Manny our back-up(which keep in mind, Manny is making 1.2M or something like that) and you know CuJo would be asking for wayy too much. As much as I like him, now that we got Osgood, and since we most likely won't be getting rid of Legace, I don't want him on our team.

Best of luck to you(elsewhere) Joseph! thumbup.gif

Sorry, but Eklund is a pure jackass here. IMO, this rumor is complete BS. After we sign Osgood, and have Manny our back-up(which keep in mind, Manny is making 1.2M or something like that) and you know CuJo would be asking for wayy too much. As much as I like him, now that we got Osgood, and since we most likely won't be getting rid of Legace, I don't want him on our team.

Best of luck to you(elsewhere) Joseph! thumbup.gif

I think it makes perfect sense. Why in the world would you pay your backup more than your starter? Cujo knows he can't get the money he used to command. He would come quite a bit cheaper. The Wings can trade Legace, & Osgood can back up Cujo.

That is just plain stupidity right up there with trading Zetterberg for Belak -- wht bother starting a thread like this...

Heres one: Daryl Sittler is coming out of retirement so Toronto can trade him to Detroit for Steve Yzerman who according to Ek, has never liked Detroit and wants to play for the Leafs... nonono.gif

Who knows what will happen? Cujo is easily the best free agent goalie out there and there are very few teams who need a starting goalie now. Wherever he goes, he's not going to get anywhere near the amount of money he did last year. If Detroit could get him back for a song, Holland would have to be crazy not to consider it at least.

Edited by A.T.Hun

Also interesting is that he posts that we've signed Andy Delmore. Anyone heard anything else about this one? I think we already have the best defense corps in hockey, and adding Delmore (even if he doesn't play a lot of defense, as I've read...haven't seen him a whole lot) can only help. Lidstrom, Schneider, Fischer, Kronwall, Chelios, Delmore, Rivers. That's solid.

-Tim

I checked Delmore's profile on TSN and he's still listed as an unrestricted free agent, so that is what I will take as true until I hear otherwise. Also, it would surprise me to see Holland signing a guy like Delmore when we're almost capped out and still have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, etc. still to be signed.

As for Eklund, I used to get excited every time I read one of his "rumors" about a Wings signing or trade, but I have since come to the conclusion that all he does is rumor that every player is going to every team, so no matter what team each player signs with or gets traded to, Eklund can say "You read it here first!"

Who knows what will happen? Cujo is easily the best free agent goalie out there and there are very few teams who need a starting goalie now. Wherever he goes, he's not going to get anywhere near the amount of money he did last year. If Detroit could get him back for a song, Holland would have to be crazy not to consider it at least.

You could have a point, but the only reason I see Holland signing Joseph again is if he has a trade for him already lined up.

I've heard "rumors" of Joseph coming back and Osgood or Legace being traded, but personally I don't see why you would trade either of our two solid, reliable, 32 year-old, CHEAP goalies to make room for a (previously) elite goalie who is 38 years-old and didn't exactly set the house on fire in his last season here.

It just makes sense to go with the very cheap tandem of reliable, dependable 32 year-old goalies rather than trade one for a more expensive, older goalie who appeared to be starting to decline in his last season.

You could have a point, but the only reason I see Holland signing Joseph again is if he has a trade for him already lined up.

I've heard "rumors" of Joseph coming back and Osgood or Legace being traded, but personally I don't see why you would trade either of our two solid, reliable, 32 year-old, CHEAP goalies to make room for a (previously) elite goalie who is 38 years-old and didn't exactly set the house on fire in his last season here.

It just makes sense to go with the very cheap tandem of reliable, dependable 32 year-old goalies rather than trade one for a more expensive, older goalie who appeared to be starting to decline in his last season.

he set that house on fire just as much as any other goalie in the league in the playoffs where it matters.

he set that house on fire just as much as any other goalie in the league in the playoffs where it matters.

True, Joseph wasn't the worst goalie in the league by any means, but he just wasn't the superstar that he was believed to be, and at 38 years-old I would rather not take the gamble and hope that he comes back to form this season.

We've already cut our ties with him, so why go bringing him back and creating a log-jam of goalies when there is just no need to do so?

Its interesting that people are assuming we will be paying our back-up more than our starter... Who's to say Manny will be the back-up? Both goalies are relatively equal in skill and ability... it seems as though the Wings will ride the hot goalie ala what the Wild have done with Fernendez and Roloson.

Its interesting that people are assuming we will be paying our back-up more than our starter... Who's to say Manny will be the back-up? Both goalies are relatively equal in skill and ability... it seems as though the Wings will ride the hot goalie ala what the Wild have done with Fernendez and Roloson.

How do you not assume otherwise. Legace has been in the league for 12 years & has NEVER been the starter. So you tell me why it is not right to assume.

He also though Belfour would still be a Red Wing after the wings got Ozzie. I don't know why he would think that. It makes no sense to me. Both Osgood and Legace are younger than Cujo and both would make less than him. Heck both combined will make less than what Cujo is probably asking. The Any Delmore one could be true because the Wings needed a dman but they don't need a goalie.