• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Eklund Rumor: Cujo back to Detroit?

Rate this topic

I think Eklund has resorted to the New York Rangers point of view here. Throw it against the wall and see if it sticks.

As far as the whole Manny/Ozzie starter debate, Holland has already said that he's going to use training camp/preseason/first few games to decide who's starting. A little healthy #1 goalie competition will only help the Wings. (I'm hoping it's Manny, but not betting on it).

I believe Eklund just repeats what he hears but he needs to start ignoring whoever he heard this from. Absolutely 0% chance of that happening. The Wings are going with Ozzie and Manny. Ken Holland himself has said so. They don't have the money to be paying a top flight goaltender and there's no way CuJo would play for Detroit again for less than top flight money, especially after the way he was treated by the organization during the Hasek fiasco.

Heres one: Daryl Sittler is coming out of retirement so Toronto can trade him to Detroit for Steve Yzerman who according to Ek, has never liked Detroit and wants to play for the Leafs... nonono.gif

aw sweet you heard that rumor too!?! thats awesome i thought i was just going crazy or something tongue.gif

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/

Cujo. After waiting for the Leafs to move Belfour, which does not look to be in the cards, Cujo has been in communication with Edmonton, and St. Louis. Detroit may come into the picture soon.

Why would detroit want to sign Cujo? This makes no sense to me. This would have to be a sign and trade.

Oh wow, please no... crazy.gif

Its interesting that people are assuming we will be paying our back-up more than our starter... Who's to say Manny will be the back-up? Both goalies are relatively equal in skill and ability... it seems as though the Wings will ride the hot goalie ala what the Wild have done with Fernendez and Roloson.

True, it is an assumption. But consider this:

Goalie A:

32 years old

NHL backup for 5 seasons.

Never played more than 41 NHL games in one season.

4 career playoff starts

Career GAA 2.22 SV% .918 (over 146 total games, all for Detroit).

Career playoff GAA 2.18 SV% .905

Goalie B:

32 years old

2 time all star

Won the Stanley Cup as the starter.

10+ years as a starting goaltender

started 64 games last season

82 career playoff games

Career GAA 2.44 SV% .907 over 568 NHL starts (Detroit, NY Isles, St. Louis)

Career playoff GAA 2.22 SV% .916

I think it's a fairly safe assumption at the start of the season to say Goalie A will be back-up, and goalie B starter. As the season goes on, who knows. Though I think any goaltender tandem is a terrible idea. 50 games or so for Ozze, 30 for Manny. Then Ozzy in the playoffs all the way.

And for the record, both goalies are not equal in skill or ability or Manny would've been a starter years ago.

Cujo coming back to Detroit is probably the stupidest rumour I've seen since it was reported that Belfour might be traded to the Wings for Zetterberg. Does Eklund even know that the NHL has instituted a salary cap? I am awfully sure that Detroit is done when it comes to goalie transactions.

Its interesting that people are assuming we will be paying our back-up more than our starter... Who's to say Manny will be the back-up? Both goalies are relatively equal in skill and ability... it seems as though the Wings will ride the hot goalie ala what the Wild have done with Fernendez and Roloson.

thumbup.gif exactly, the wings got ozzie so they would have two goalies to push each other to play well. As for the cujo rumor I dont see it happening unless he comes dirt cheap and a trade is in place for manny or ozzie. But I think Eklund is full of s**t.

in eklund's defense, he posted when the lockout ended that he was going to post EVERY rumor that he heard, whether it was stupid or not. he posted that a day or two before free agency began.

i think elvis was spotted in kalamazoo.

osgood vs. manny: i would start osgood 2/3 of the games and manny 1/3. i'd prefer a legace trade, though.

After Holland's comments about "some" goalies who've been brought in who haven't "appreciated" the pressure of playing in, and haven't "understood" what it takes to win in, a "hockey-crazy" city like Detroit......

I'd doubt he'd re-sign CuJo.

I took those comments to be directed towards Curtis Joseph, specifically.

The Wings just signed Osgood, have two solid goalies, and are paying them a combined 2+ Million. CuJo won't sign with the Wings.

Ken Daniels was on Toronto's All Sports Radio Station, FAN590, today and he made a few comments on the roster. Here's a few things he said:

-Osgood will play 50 Games, Legace 35.

-Osgood is a upgrade in net over CuJo. The CuJo experiment did not work.

-Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be resigned, it's just taking some time.

-Datsyuk expects Lang money. It doesn't make sense considering he's only had one break out season and hasn't scored a playoff goal since the 2002 WFC. The Market, players similar to Datsyuk, also shows he shouldn't be making Lang money yet.

-Right now the Organization's hands are tied until they resign Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

-Kronwall is a stud, he should become an excellent player in the NHL.

-McCarty has slowed down, but is a great signing for Calgary.

-The Wings are still deep enough not only to win the division, but the Western Conference.

I agreed with everything he said.

After Holland's comments about "some" goalies who've been brought in who haven't "appreciated" the pressure of playing in, and haven't "understood" what it takes to win in, a "hockey-crazy" city like Detroit......

I'd doubt he'd re-sign CuJo.

I took those comments to be directed towards Curtis Joseph, specifically.

Interesting comments. I think Kenny hit the nail on the head.

After waiting for the Leafs to move Belfour, which does not look to be in the cards, Cujo has been in communication with Edmonton, and St. Louis. Detroit may come into the picture soon.

I think that you have to look at the whole statement to really understand this. After waiting for the Leafs to move Belfour, and in communication with Edmonton and St. Louis...these 3 are all teams that he already played for. I believe that as a joke, the line was added that Detroit may come into the picture soon, seeing as how we are the other team that he has played for already...

In my opinion, this was a mis-understood attempt at humor, not a serious rumor.

The Wings just signed Osgood, have two solid goalies, and are paying them a combined 2+ Million. CuJo won't sign with the Wings.

Ken Daniels was on Toronto's All Sports Radio Station, FAN590, today and he made a few comments on the roster. Here's a few things he said:

-Osgood will play 50 Games, Legace 35.

-Osgood is a upgrade in net over CuJo. The CuJo experiment did not work.

-Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be resigned, it's just taking some time.

-Datsyuk expects Lang money. It doesn't make sense considering he's only had one break out season and hasn't scored a playoff goal since the 2002 WFC. The Market, players similar to Datsyuk, also shows he shouldn't be making Lang money yet.

-Right now the Organization's hands are tied until they resign Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

-Kronwall is a stud, he should become an excellent player in the NHL.

-McCarty has slowed down, but is a great signing for Calgary.

-The Wings are still deep enough not only to win the division, but the Western Conference.

I agreed with everything he said.

I have to say I agree too...it all makes sense.