• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
USAFWingedWheel

Who's Andy Delmore,

Rate this topic

I'm pretty sure he won't be out against the top lines. Do you know how this game even works? How do you know there isn't going to be as much fighting? Do you have a time machine? Just because it's a possibility doesn't mean s**t. Brad Brown is going to protect. He is good at protecting. When Yzerman gets hit with a cheapshot, who's gonna stand up for him? Our top line winger Shanahan? Ha. Wake up. Just because he's not a 5'6 120lbs fairy doesn't mean he's not effective at what he does.

Duh. How many times do you want me to repeat it? WE DON'T NEED HIM FOR DEFENSE. WE DON't NEED HIM FOR DEFENSE. Let me know how many times you want me to repeat this.

If he doesn't play offense, and he doesn't play offense, then he is a drain on the salary cap. With the new rules on fighting, he will spend more time suspended or in the box then he will on the ice. Maybe that is a good thing because you admit that he can't play offense or defense!

I'm pretty sure he won't be out against the top lines. Do you know how this game even works? How do you know there isn't going to be as much fighting? Do you have a time machine? Just because it's a possibility doesn't mean s**t. Brad Brown is going to protect. He is good at protecting. When Yzerman gets hit with a cheapshot, who's gonna stand up for him? Our top line winger Shanahan? Ha. Wake up. Just because he's not a 5'6 120lbs fairy doesn't mean he's not effective at what he does.

Duh. How many times do you want me to repeat it? WE DON'T NEED HIM FOR DEFENSE. WE DON't NEED HIM FOR DEFENSE. Let me know how many times you want me to repeat this.

With suspensions for fights in the last five mins of a game and the refs throwing around the extra two for instigation for most of the glove droppings, fights are going to be down. I don't need a time machiene to come to that conclusion, just a little common sense.

If he doesn't play offense, and he doesn't play offense, then he is a drain on the salary cap. With the new rules on fighting, he will spend more time suspended or in the box then he will on the ice. Maybe that is a good thing because you admit that he can't play offense or defense!

He cannot play offense, correct. He doesn't even play defense well. Everybody is a drain on the cap. He's got experience, is a leader, and can fight. For $450,000, I don't know what kind of top notch offensive or defensive talent that's available for salary minimum, but it's prolly not that good. Why do you assume that only offensive players are going to have an impact this year? Fighting will still be an important role in hockey. I would rather have the option than not.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always thought that Delmore is a great player!!!!

Good move Kenny!!! (finally tongue.gif)

uh oh............... its eklund..........

When did you think that? When he washed out in Nashville? How does this make up for the loss of Hatcher? This signing, if true is a joke. He's an AHL player that on his best day can get 5-6 minutes at the NHL level. Don't we have enough puck moving defensemen? Who's going to make opposing forwards pay the pricein the defensive zone? Who's going to keep opposing forwards honest.

Fischer. If he doesn't turn into a punisher then he's a bust. It's that simple really.

He cannot play offense, correct. He doesn't even play defense well. Everybody is a drain on the cap. He's got experience, is a leader, and can fight. For $450,000, I don't know what kind of top notch offensive or defensive talent that's available for salary minimum, but it's prolly not that good. Why do you assume that only offensive players are going to have an impact this year? Fighting will still be an important role in hockey. I would rather have the option than not.

With the league actually showing some effort with the whole obstruction and nuetral zone holding thing, offensive players are going to be worth a lot. The whole point of the rules changes is to increase scoring. Toughness is still important, but you don't need to be a goon to be tough. People with talent can be tough. Fighting is on the way down. There will still be some, but if you only watch hockey to see a fight, you will be very unhappy with the new product. Look at all the players who didn't get qualifying offers from there teams and are now UFA. Some solid players who are young tough and have talent, for the league min.

With suspensions for fights in the last five mins of a game and the refs throwing around the extra two for instigation for most of the glove droppings, fights are going to be down. I don't need a time machiene to come to that conclusion, just a little common sense.

Doesn't matter, we still need some who will stick up for teammates. Are you worried about losing Brown to a suspension?

Doesn't matter, we still need some who will stick up for teammates. Are you worried about losing Brown to a suspension?

I'm worried about paying a player who sucks. I don't care if he signs for the league min, that is money that could be spent on someone with a hint of talent.

Eklund still appears to be the only one reporting this, so perhaps it isn't true?

Even if it is true though, it isn't the worst thing in the world.  I would have ratherd get Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall re-signed before I go signing guys like Delmore, but if the deal does happen, and it is "cheap" as Eklund reports, then hopedully it wont effect our chances at re-signing the other 3.

At the end of the day though, if this signing goes through, then we haven't addressed our need for size, but we have added some good depth to the blue-line and we could always throw Delmore onto the wing to take advantage of his offensive skills.

Not the worst move in the world, but not the smartest either.

We don't have the luxury of signing every player we want to. That is why we now have a salary cap. We need to get the best players that price will allow. The most important thing to do is re-sign our players. Dats for $3M hopefully, Hank for $2, and Kronwall for $850,000. We have to leave that and about another $1M for a little breathing room under the cap. That all means we can't go crazy signing people and have to be smart about it. We take who we can that fits under the cap.

Best players for what we NEED:

Brad Brown

Todd Simpson

Not another soft, puck moving d-man mad.gif

Brad Brown http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_bio.asp...id=175&hubName=

Assets Plays an intimidating game from the back end, and can also drop the gloves at will. Has excellent leadership qualities.

Flaws Lacks foot speed and has trouble going up against shifty forwards in the NHL. Has not developed his defensive game as well as expected.

Career potential No. 6 or 7 defenseman.

Total NHL 330 2 27 29 -16 747 108 1.85

Sounds like a winner

Well...Andy Delmore? Soft and a defensive liability....sounds like a loser! Plus couldn't even handle playing in Nashville

With the league actually showing some effort with the whole obstruction and nuetral zone holding thing, offensive players are going to be worth a lot. The whole point of the rules changes is to increase scoring. Toughness is still important, but you don't need to be a goon to be tough. People with talent can be tough. Fighting is on the way down. There will still be some, but if you only watch hockey to see a fight, you will be very unhappy with the new product. Look at all the players who didn't get qualifying offers from there teams and are now UFA. Some solid players who are young tough and have talent, for the league min.

Yet again, saying they are cutting down on obstruction and doing it are 2 different things. They've said that in the past before too. None the less, we cannot afford talented players who are tough. Everybody from here on out has a serious problem is some aspect of their game. I would love to have talented tough guys, but we have to be realistic. Brown has good leadership qualities too, which is never a bad thing. I'm not saying Brown has all the answers, but he's an option and a good one at that.

I'm worried about paying a player who sucks. I don't care if he signs for the league min, that is money that could be spent on someone with a hint of talent.

You sound like a broken record. We need talent. We need talent. Not too much talent at $450,000.

Well...Andy Delmore? Soft and a defensive liability....sounds like a loser! Plus couldn't even handle playing in Nashville

You didn't get the memo Barnes? Lidstrom, Schneider, and Kronwall apparently aren't offensive enough to bolster our d-core.

Yet again, saying they are cutting down on obstruction and doing it are 2 different things. They've said that in the past before too. None the less, we cannot afford talented players who are tough. Everybody from here on out has a serious problem is some aspect of their game. I would love to have talented tough guys, but we have to be realistic. Brown has good leadership qualities too, which is never a bad thing. I'm not saying Brown has all the answers, but he's an option and a good one at that.

If he has such great leadership qualities, why did the Wild name him Captain and then trade him. You don't just trade your C unless things aren't working out. It wasn't because he was going to be asking for too much money! If you are with Minnesota and things aren't working out, then you have some serious concerens.

You sound like a broken record. We need talent. We need talent. Not too much talent at $450,000.

You didn't get the memo Barnes? Lidstrom, Schneider, and Kronwall apparently aren't offensive enough to bolster our d-core.

Take some time to look at the players who are UFA's because the didn't get a QO. Teams thought they could save some money on young guys and go after some top names. Talent for cheap is what you have. It won't be spoon fed to you, you will actually take some time to do your own reading and thinking. With some practice, it might enlighten you to what is out there.

If he has such great leadership qualities, why did the Wild name him Captain and then trade him. You don't just trade your C unless things aren't working out. It wasn't because he was going to be asking for too much money! If you are with Minnesota and things aren't working out, then you have some serious concerens.

When was Delmore named captain of anything? Your argument makes no sense. If you want to know the reason why Brown was expendable, it's because they already had Alex Henry and Willie Mitchell back there. If we had ONE mean D-Man with size, I'd be somewhat happy, we have none.

Take some time to look at the players who are UFA's because the didn't get a QO. Teams thought they could save some money on young guys and go after some top names. Talent for cheap is what you have. It won't be spoon fed to you, you will actually take some time to do your own reading and thinking. With some practice, it might enlighten you to what is out there.

lol, how old are you, 15? If you want to test my knowledge, please, PM me and we can take care of it there.

And you want me to do research? Why don't you pull your thumb outta your ass and do some yourself. Who hasn't minnesota traded for s**t? Gaborik, Fernandez, and Roloson. They value prospects and picks over players. They're whole philosophy is team first, players second.

When was Delmore named captain of anything? Your argument makes no sense. If you want to know the reason why Brown was expendable, it's because they already had Alex Henry and Willie Mitchell back there. If we had ONE mean D-Man with size, I'd be somewhat happy, we have none.

I was talking about Brown being captain of the Wild. When your input is asked for by those who makes decisions, what makes you happy will matter. I've been reading your posts for a while and all you want to do is complain about decisions that are made and expect that your oppinions should be taken into account by Holland and Illitch. Get over yourself and give the people who have brought us some cups the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing.

lol, how old are you, 15? If you want to test my knowledge, please, PM me and we can take care of it there.

And you want me to do research? Why don't you pull your thumb outta your ass and do some yourself. Who hasn't minnesota traded for s**t? Gaborik, Fernandez, and Roloson. They value prospects and picks over players. They're whole philosophy is team first, players second.

What you don't know could fill an encyclopedia.

Eklund still appears to be the only one reporting this, so perhaps it isn't true?

Even if it is true though, it isn't the worst thing in the world.  I would have ratherd get Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall re-signed before I go signing guys like Delmore, but if the deal does happen, and it is "cheap" as Eklund reports, then hopedully it wont effect our chances at re-signing the other 3.

At the end of the day though, if this signing goes through, then we haven't addressed our need for size, but we have added some good depth to the blue-line and we could always throw Delmore onto the wing to take advantage of his offensive skills.

Not the worst move in the world, but not the smartest either.

We don't have the luxury of signing every player we want to. That is why we now have a salary cap. We need to get the best players that price will allow. The most important thing to do is re-sign our players. Dats for $3M hopefully, Hank for $2, and Kronwall for $850,000. We have to leave that and about another $1M for a little breathing room under the cap. That all means we can't go crazy signing people and have to be smart about it. We take who we can that fits under the cap.

Best players for what we NEED:

Brad Brown

Todd Simpson

Not another soft, puck moving d-man mad.gif

Brad Brown http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_bio.asp...id=175&hubName=

Assets Plays an intimidating game from the back end, and can also drop the gloves at will. Has excellent leadership qualities.

Flaws Lacks foot speed and has trouble going up against shifty forwards in the NHL. Has not developed his defensive game as well as expected.

Career potential No. 6 or 7 defenseman.

Total NHL 330 2 27 29 -16 747 108 1.85

Sounds like a winner

sounds like a defensive liability that would NEVER crack the wings line up..

They trade players who will cost money to re-sign. Not players who TSN calls a career number 6-7 D. They do everything they can to resign low value players which is what he is.