• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cccp91

Datsyuk to Wash?

Rate this topic

Guest Rory_Gilmore

Unless we're moving a d-man, we don't need another.

We've got Lids, Schneider, Fischer, Kronwall, Rivers, Chelios and now Delmore.

One of those 7 will have to sit in the press box as it is.

No reason to give up anything of trade value for your 8th d-man, unless you're moving one.

No reason to give up anything of trade value for your 8th d-man, unless you're moving one.

I agree, which is way I suggested Rivers in a deal to Washington. I think the Wings really need a powerful, mean presence on the blueline like Witt.

Guest Rory_Gilmore

I agree, which is way I suggested Rivers in a deal to Washington. I think the Wings really need a powerful, mean presence on the blueline like Witt.

Rivers is likely the 7th man on the depth chart as it is. If Delmore doesn't suck as bad as some say on defense, he has more chance to be one of the 6 men to dress. If you trade for Witt, he's not going to be sitting, so that would mean there would rarely be a time for Delmore to make the line-up. I'm saying, if they want Witt, they would likely be moving a top 4 defenseman. I would be surprised to see that happen.

If the moved Rivers, we'd have Lids, Kronwall, Fischer, Scheider, Witt, Chelios, and Delmore. First off, we'd have 5 guys who should be top 4 defenseman, so one guy there would be wasted playing 12 minutes a night with Cheli. Then there's really not going to be a spot for Delmore unless someone gets hurt or just plays really badly.

Rivers is likely the 7th man on the depth chart as it is. If Delmore doesn't suck as bad as some say on defense, he has more chance to be one of the 6 men to dress. If you trade for Witt, he's not going to be sitting, so that would mean there would rarely be a time for Delmore to make the line-up. I'm saying, if they want Witt, they would likely be moving a top 4 defenseman. I would be surprised to see that happen.

If the moved Rivers, we'd have Lids, Kronwall, Fischer, Scheider, Witt, Chelios, and Delmore. First off, we'd have 5 guys who should be top 4 defenseman, so one guy there would be wasted playing 12 minutes a night with Cheli. Then there's really not going to be a spot for Delmore unless someone gets hurt or just plays really badly.

Not necessarily. Holland has made it clear that Delmore is going to have to make the team. His position in our top 6 is far from guaranteed; he could end up playing in Grand Rapids. Remember, he's only getting 450,000.

Guest Rory_Gilmore

Not necessarily. Holland has made it clear that Delmore is going to have to make the team. His position in our top 6 is far from guaranteed; he could end up playing in Grand Rapids. Remember, he's only getting 450,000.

Still missing the point.

The Wings top 5 is pretty much set in stone.

Lidstrom, Kronwall, Schneider, Fischer, and Chelios.

We have Rivers and Delmore as spare parts.

All this talk of Redden or Witt, what are you going to do, make them the 6th defenseman?

One of the top 4 needs to be moved to get a top 4 or it's a waste.

Not only would it be a waste, it would practically ensure that Delmore and Rivers wouldn't even play, except maybe to give Chelios a night off.

On top of all of that, now Simpson's name is being talked about again.

I see what you mean. I suppose the only way this would make sense would be if a player like this was signed with the understanding that there are going to be vacancies in the roster in the near future. Chelios will be gone in a year and I don't have real trouble seeing Schneider as eventual trade-bait.

Who knows? If you are right then I shudder to think what sort of talentless hack might be brought in to be our new "physical defenseman".

Still missing the point.

The Wings top 5 is pretty much set in stone.

Lidstrom, Kronwall, Schneider, Fischer, and Chelios.

We have Rivers and Delmore as spare parts.

All this talk of Redden or Witt, what are you going to do, make them the 6th defenseman?

One of the top 4 needs to be moved to get a top 4 or it's a waste.

Not only would it be a waste, it would practically ensure that Delmore and Rivers wouldn't even play, except maybe to give Chelios a night off.

On top of all of that, now Simpson's name is being talked about again.

It makes sense what you are saying. The only other thing to consider is injuries. I don't think Cheli will see 50 games this season.

And, I'd trade Schneider to bring a guy like Witt in. We have plenty of powerplay shooters. And, its not like we'll be on 10pps a game.

I think a Fischer, Witt line would reak havoc on opposing forwards(as long as Fischer throws his weight around).

http://nhlspot.blogspot.com

States Datsyuk and manny to wash for a package that includes Kolzig... rolleyes.gif

Now whom on Wash would we want other than overchkin.....

Dear God, please makre sure this is not true.

If the Wings get rid of Datsuyk for Kolzig and some other dudes I am going to be royally pissed. Yeah, give up one of the best young prospects to be the next super start for some old Goalie when we already have two excellent ones.

We have the cap room and we can accomodate Zetter and Dats's salaries. Why the hell are we not doing it?

Dang!