• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Henkka

Filppula signed with the Red Wings

Rate this topic

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...showtopic=28126

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/urheiluu...t.htm#id1038810

Looks like we took him year earlier than expected. I think this has something to do with the 60 players limit for the signing of European players. Better to get him now, so we can take somebody else overseas next year.

Edited by Henkka

Looks like he will be the 1st finnish player to ever play for the red wings.

Hard to think that Wings never had a finn in their lineup before, mainly because they

prefer russians, swedes or chezhs with their suspicious groin injuries...

Yeah, is he any good? I've heard about, and seen Franzen play, but I've only heard a little about Filppula.

http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwings/stor...anNotebook.html

Read this.

He is one of the most potential finnish playmakin centers at the moment. He has taken very big steps during the last year.

He will start for sure at Grand Rapids and after few years we'll see what happens.

Edited by Henkka

Talent Analysis:

Valtteri is a very good skater that playes a competitive game with a big heart. He is a good offensive player with solid overall skills. He possesses good hockey sense and soft hands. Valtteri is a very dependable player who is awere of his defensive responsibilities as a center. The downside is his small frame (5'11, 175).

With a solid SM-Liiga performance as well, he simply oozes potential. A true finesse player, he copes well with the beating, but that is every bit as far as he can go in terms of physical play.

Talent Analysis:

The downside is his small frame (5'11, 175).

He is 182cm tall so it's almost 6'0 (6'0 = 182,88cm). He has also got more weight from those old numbers, he is 84kg now = 185lbs. Quite similar to Zetterberg.

I actually like this kid a lot. I think he has potential and I hope he sees alot of ice time in Grand Rapids. I also hope this makes Jiri Hudler expendable. From what I know about this kid, he was very small but worked on filling out his frame. He's not physical, but he's not weak, and I think he'll make the NHL faster than Hudler. I just hope Detroit doesn't let him take a big beating and saddles him with big, physical wingers.

Edited by Barnes52

Who has the better chance of making the team-Filppula or Franzen?

By the way,how do you say his name?Like "Fillp Puela"?

I think Franzen has a better chance because of his size and age. Eventhough Filppula is ranked higher.

Edited by bellarina