Sounds like we disagree.

How exciting.

#42 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (p.datsyuk13 @ August 19, 2005 - 09:16PM)
who would you rather have a "Skilled Playmaker"(Filppula) or some "Character Forward' (FRANZEN)

I think Detroit feels as if Franzen has already developed, he is in his mid-twenties I believe, and there's no need to try and develop him in the minor leagues. He's strong and has grit, which is something Europeans typically pick up in the AHL, so there seems to be no need to send him down. While with Filppula, who I think can probably make it as Detroit's number two centre in a couple of years, is probably seen by Detroit management as someone who needs time to develop in Grand Rapids in order to achieve his full potential. I imagine the Wings feel they have a sleeper in Filppula, and want to make sure to give him time to become as good a player as he can.

#43 Henkka

Henkka

Finnish Wing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (J-Swift @ August 23, 2005 - 06:42AM)
I think Detroit feels as if Franzen has already developed, he is in his mid-twenties I believe, and there's no need to try and develop him in the minor leagues. He's strong and has grit, which is something Europeans typically pick up in the AHL, so there seems to be no need to send him down. While with Filppula, who I think can probably make it as Detroit's number two centre in a couple of years, is probably seen by Detroit management as someone who needs time to develop in Grand Rapids in order to achieve his full potential. I imagine the Wings feel they have a sleeper in Filppula, and want to make sure to give him time to become as good a player as he can.

Exactly same thoughts. thumbup.gif
user posted imageuser posted image