• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Trading Draper would be Unwise

Rate this topic

http://www.detnews.com/2005/wings/0508/16/.../D04-282023.htm

Where's he's getting this trading crap from? I haven't heard a single rumor or rumbling bout Drapes getting traded. That would be by far the dumbest move EVER in Wings history. Yeah lets trade the guy that works his ass off non stop game in and game out, the guy with so much heart & passion for the game, the one who just came off a selke trophy winning season, with unstoppable speed, the best penalty killing, and is starting to be up there in offense as well. I'm getting mad even though I know they'd never trade him. Still makes no sense to where this came about though.

Y'know? I read the same article online today as well.

Made me wonder if I was missing something being so far away and out of touch. Thanks for being confused by this one as well.

Headline should've been "Swallowing Red-hot Razor Blades is unwise"

I didn't get it.

Anybody heard anything on this foolishness?

::::::::(EDIT):::::::::

I almost forgot.......I blame Osgood for this.

Edited by DaKineMaui

Y'know? I read the same article online today as well.

Made me wonder if I was missing something being so far away and out of touch. Thanks for being confused by this one as well.

Headline should've been "Swallowing Red-hot Razor Blades is unwise"

I didn't get it.

Anybody heard anything on this foolishness?

hahaha, im also happy that I am not the only one confused by this.

I'm 99% positive Draper has a no-trade clause in his contract anyway.

BTW - Hi this is my first post, I've been a Wings fan for 10+ years and I'm an Australian smile.gif

Aloha Bruce.

Hang up your coat......relax.

No spitting.

Welcome.

P.S. OK you can spit.

:::::::EDIT:::::::

I blame Osgood for you posting here.

Edited by DaKineMaui

I'm 99% positive Draper has a no-trade clause in his contract anyway.

BTW - Hi this is my first post, I've been a Wings fan for 10+ years and I'm an Australian smile.gif

Welcome Bruce! Loved your movies... are the undead Wings fans?

Thanks for the welcome guys! smile.gif I recently rediscovered this site after the lockout finished - I've lurked around here for a couple of years, and finally decided to post.

Yes the undead are DEFINATELY Red Wings fans SpankEmRed biggrin.gif

Hopefully they will keep Draper onboard (with the clause in his contract I believe Kris would have have to approve any trade). Although it will be a bit strange not having Darren McCarty and the Grind Line around this season!!!

EDIT: And sorry for taking this thread a bit off-topic wink.gif

Edited by Bruce Campbell

I think the "chatter" being heard about trading Draper is "chatter" from other teams wanting Draper than Kenny saying, "Hey, I have Draper, what do you want for him."

Same thing happened for years with Dandenault. The underrated, versatile players that you have on your team always are the ones other teams will inquire about when trade discussions are going on.

Personally, I cannot see what people can offer to us that would be worth the 'loss' of Draper. I doubt he is going anywhere. Like I said, it is probably more he is on the 'wish list' of other teams.

M

P.S. - My first post also. Been lurking for ever though.

Kris Draper: Signed a four-year, $11.25 million contract (pre-rollback) on July 1, 2004 that includes a no-trade clause. Draper will earn $2.128 million annually (post-rollback) until the conclusion of the 2007-2008 season, after which he will become a Group III Unrestricted Free Agent. (top)

thats from the cap room on letsgowings. cant trade him. biggrin.gif

Kris Draper: Signed a four-year, $11.25 million contract (pre-rollback) on July 1, 2004 that includes a no-trade clause. Draper will earn $2.128 million annually (post-rollback) until the conclusion of the 2007-2008 season, after which he will become a Group III Unrestricted Free Agent. (top)

thats from the cap room on letsgowings. cant trade him. biggrin.gif

good to know, I forgot bout the no trade clause.