• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hoogs

Wings to sign prospects

Rate this topic

Not good news:

http://www.freep.com/sports/redwings/wings...6e_20050816.htm

"Datsyuk and Zetterberg are considered part of the team's young nucleus.

"I've talked to agents for both players recently," Holland said. "We're not close to a deal."

The Wings' payroll is at nearly $29 million, leaving them with about $9 million in cap space. (Holland has said he would like $1 million in wiggle room.) More than half of that will go toward signing Datsyuk, likely for around $3.5 million, and Zetterberg, who is seeking $2.5 million annually."

Edited by hoogs

http://www.hockeyweb.de/index.php?action=ART&aNr=15177

According to this article we already signed the german Michael Hackert.

The article says "Forward Michael Hackert leaves his Frankfurt Lions and joins a NHL Team. Hackert who is 24 years old signes a one year Two Way Contract with the Detroit Red Wings. "Delight and sorrow are not far appart", said Lions GM Charly Fliegauf. "For Michael its a huge chance. On the other side its a bad time for a deal for us. Its difficult now, to find players on the Free Agent Market, who are able to replace one of the best german players.

Michael Hackert played since 2003 for Frankfurt and was member of the Team who won the german Cup in 2004. In the past season, the center had the best season stats of his career, collecting 20 goals and 18 Assists. Though in february, he suffered a broken shin and splinter bone and is still recovering from"

Here his stats

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla....php3?pid=53551

Edited by Nik19

So does that mean Michael Hackert will be playing for the Wings next season? Most likely on the 4th line. His stats suggest that he's continously improving, and considering he's only 24 it appears to be a reasonable, cheap signing.

So does that mean Michael Hackert will be playing for the Wings next season? Most likely on the 4th line. His stats suggest that he's continously improving, and considering he's only 24 it appears to be a reasonable, cheap signing.

Hardly. Grand Rapids material.

I wouldn't put all your marbles in one bag. Datsyuk wants Lang money and he hasn't done much to deserve that yet. I wouldn't be surprsied to see him walk.

Walk where? He can play two years in Russia before UFA hits but you have to be seen to be in demand -- he'd be smart to sign here and stay the next two seasons. Then he can leave the desirable hockeytown... The best way to get out of Detroit is to sign a contract and ask to be traded -- holding out helps nobody. Looks like he's pulling a Primeau...

That's what I originally thought, but why would he leave his home country to play for Grand Rapids?

Because he hopes it might give him a shot at the NHL some day. Very few native players go from the DEL straight to the NHL. A top prospect might, but this guy isn't even drafted from what I know.

Because he hopes it might give him a shot at the NHL some day. Very few native players go from the DEL straight to the NHL. A top prospect might, but this guy isn't even drafted from what I know.

Thanks for clearing that up. I hope he eventually gets a shot in the NHL, because he is still reasonably young and his stats suggest that he's developing well and turning into quite a handy goal scorer.

Thanks for clearing that up. I hope he eventually gets a shot in the NHL, because he is still reasonably young and his stats suggest that he's developing well and turning into quite a handy goal scorer.

Maybe, but coming from the DEL and joining the NHL is a huge leap. The AHL is a step up for this guy.

Maybe, but coming from the DEL and joining the NHL is a huge leap.

How about Thornton playing in the Swiss league? Could he join the NHL anymore? dry.gif

Edited by Henkka

Hallo from Frankfurt, Michael is not a 4th line Player. His potenial is to play in a scoring line. Detroit have enough Checking Line Players. Michael ist a Scorer. Give him time, and he can a star in Detroit. At the moment he´s injured, with a broken cnemial. (hope this is correkt).

user posted image

Thats Hackert

user posted image

And thats the way to score goals ...

Maybe, but coming from the DEL and joining the NHL is a huge leap. The AHL is a step up for this guy.

Sometimes thats right, but also for some AHL Guys with good scoring is it also a step up to playing in the DEL. It´s a different Hockey, small rings - big rings.

In my opinion Hackert is just one guy like Rivers, Manlow, Helmer etc. who is signed to add depth to the griffins line up and who might get some few chances to play for the wings if there are injuries. He might have some potential, but dont expect him to be on the wings roster directly.

Hallo from Frankfurt, Michael is not a 4th line Player. His potenial is to play in a scoring line. Detroit have enough Checking Line Players. Michael ist a Scorer. Give him time, and he can a star in Detroit. At the moment he´s injured, with a broken cnemial. (hope this is correkt).

user posted image

Thats Hackert

user posted image

And thats the way to score goals ...

Franzen is no less of a scorer than this guy, and he'll be a checking forward in the NHL. This guy will have to prove himself in the AHL first.

Sometimes thats right, but also for some AHL Guys with good scoring is it also a step up to playing in the DEL. It´s a different Hockey, small rings - big rings.

Yeah, skating is more important on large ice surfaces. I take it that this guy is a pretty good skater, otherwise he wouldn't have made a name for himself in the DEL and certainly not been noticed by the Red Wings.