• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

daft_davy

Datsyuk for Redden?

Rate this topic

If Kenny could get rid of Schneider, I'd be interested.

Also pretty much the only way it can happen, unless Holland is willing to dump either of our younger d-men (Kronwall and Fischer) which I hope he isn't. Yes, Wade is better but he's also UFA next summer.

peace

Also pretty much the only way it can happen, unless Holland is willing to dump either of our younger d-men (Kronwall and Fischer) which I hope he isn't. Yes, Wade is better but he's also UFA next summer.

peace

I'd never trade for Redden unless I could sign him to a long term deal before that happens. Too expensive a player to rent for one season only.

I'd never trade for Redden unless I could sign him to a long term deal before that happens. Too expensive a player to rent for one season only.

True, but he's also a guy that will be highly sought after as one of the top two impending UFA defensemen (he and Chara) and may want to test his value on the market. It would probably take $5M+ to keep him from testing the market where he likely could get upwards of $6M.

Schneider would have to go somewhere but I don't really think he makes sense in a trade with Ottawa. Datsyuk + Schneider for Redden is too much, but I doubt they'd toss in Havlat to balance it out. tongue.gif That would be an absolute KILLING if Holland pulled that trade off. Odds are we'd have to dump Schneider elsewhere. And once you start having to line up multiple trade partners it can get sticky.

peace

i don't think he is worth 6M as a free agent, but sadly, that is what he will probably get.

2 time all-star, appearances on Canada's world cup and olympic teams (i think),

good for 40 points a year....

i'd say he's worth $5M max. but.....he'll probably get much more.

What do you guys think of....

Redden/Spezza for Datsyuk/Kronwall?

-Both teams get proven stars and both teams get potential

We'd have to add at least a 1st round pick with that to get Spezza I'd think.

True, but he's also a guy that will be highly sought after as one of the top two impending UFA defensemen (he and Chara) and may want to test his value on the market. It would probably take $5M+ to keep him from testing the market where he likely could get upwards of $6M.

Schneider would have to go somewhere but I don't really think he makes sense in a trade with Ottawa. Datsyuk + Schneider for Redden is too much, but I doubt they'd toss in Havlat to balance it out. tongue.gif That would be an absolute KILLING if Holland pulled that trade off. Odds are we'd have to dump Schneider elsewhere. And once you start having to line up multiple trade partners it can get sticky.

peace

I think $6 M is a bit more than he can command, but who knows with the contracts signed recently by other defensemen. Detroit could afford him at $5 M next season. I agree that Schneider likely wouldn't interest Ottawa.

What do you guys think of....

Redden/Spezza for Datsyuk/Kronwall?

Why would Ottawa trade Spezza? He's making next to nothing at this point in terms of salary, and he had around 80 points two seasons ago... crazy.gif

Not in the NHL he didn't. He's had 55 pts in the NHL, but the Senators have taken it slowly with this guy. He's coming off a great season in the AHL, and he's much better now than two years ago.

I wouldn't do it either way, would rather keep Datsyuk. Isn't Redden scheduled to make 3.75m anyway? Just pay Datsyuk that if you're willing to take on that type of contract.

Guest postingpermissionsremoved

You guys consider Datsyuk soft and non existant in the playoffs, why would you wan't Martin Havlat?

Redden + Volchenkov for Datsyuk and Kindl + second rounder

Wade Redden $3.724 million

...Redden, unless we unload Schneider somehow, is going to be impossible...

That's right.

And that's just for this year. To make it a worthwhile trade they'd want to lock him up long term. Which will cost them 5+. But they'll have the cap room after this year to do this.

So Schneider + Datsyuk for Redden would be a good trade.

Guest postingpermissionsremoved

You guys consider Datsyuk soft and non existant in the playoffs, why would you wan't Martin Havlat?

Snake your way out of this one NN, that gives us the size we need and solidifies our defense for the next ten years. Don't mention Havlat though, comparing him to Datsyuk is a joke thumbdown.gif

Snake your way out of this one NN, that gives us the size we need and solidifies our defense for the next ten years. Don't mention Havlat though, comparing him to Datsyuk is a joke thumbdown.gif

It's a joke because Havlat is younger, faster, bigger, and better. If we trade Datsyuk it is imperative that we get a young forward in return. I'm not opposed to the the value of the trade or who you have coming back I just think Havlat would be a better choice.

Hell, I'd do it for Havlat and Volchenkov and leave Redden to go elsewhere. Might have to drop the extra pick though.

peace