Photo
- - - - -

Datsyuk for Redden?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_postingpermissionsremoved (Guest)

Guest_postingpermissionsremoved (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:45 PM

You guys consider Datsyuk soft and non existant in the playoffs, why would you wan't Martin Havlat?

Redden + Volchenkov for Datsyuk and Kindl + second rounder

#22 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (WhiteLightning91 @ August 17, 2005 - 03:42PM)
Wade Redden $3.724 million

...Redden, unless we unload Schneider somehow, is going to be impossible...

That's right.

And that's just for this year. To make it a worthwhile trade they'd want to lock him up long term. Which will cost them 5+. But they'll have the cap room after this year to do this.

So Schneider + Datsyuk for Redden would be a good trade.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#23 Guest_postingpermissionsremoved (Guest)

Guest_postingpermissionsremoved (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:48 PM

You guys consider Datsyuk soft and non existant in the playoffs, why would you wan't Martin Havlat?

Snake your way out of this one NN, that gives us the size we need and solidifies our defense for the next ten years. Don't mention Havlat though, comparing him to Datsyuk is a joke thumbdown.gif

#24 kocur26_26

kocur26_26

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ August 17, 2005 - 02:09PM)
What do you guys think of....

Redden/Spezza for Datsyuk/Kronwall?

-Both teams get proven stars and both teams get potential

I would take that definetly an upgrade on D. thumbup.gif

#25 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (postingpermissionsremoved @ August 17, 2005 - 01:48PM)

Snake your way out of this one NN, that gives us the size we need and solidifies our defense for the next ten years. Don't mention Havlat though, comparing him to Datsyuk is a joke thumbdown.gif

It's a joke because Havlat is younger, faster, bigger, and better. If we trade Datsyuk it is imperative that we get a young forward in return. I'm not opposed to the the value of the trade or who you have coming back I just think Havlat would be a better choice.

Hell, I'd do it for Havlat and Volchenkov and leave Redden to go elsewhere. Might have to drop the extra pick though.

peace

Posted Image

#26 whoisjohngalt?

whoisjohngalt?

Steve Yzerman was like the best hockey player ever

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:37 PM

Why trade Datsyuk for Redden?

Redden makes like 3.75Mil. and he is a UFA next year.

This doesn't help the cap at all and just trades away one of our future forwards for a possible one year rental.

Datsyuk will sign in the neighborhood of 3Mil to 3.25mil, I wouldn't pay him anymore. And, if he says he wants Lang money, I'd tell him to go put up Lang numbers for at least 2 more years just the way Lang has.

But, if we have to trade Datsyuk, we have to get a player in return that will be part of the Wings long term future.

#27 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (whoisjohngalt? @ August 17, 2005 - 03:37PM)
Why trade Datsyuk for Redden?

Redden makes like 3.75Mil. and he is a UFA next year.

This doesn't help the cap at all and just trades away one of our future forwards for a possible one year rental.

Datsyuk will sign in the neighborhood of 3Mil to 3.25mil, I wouldn't pay him anymore. And, if he says he wants Lang money, I'd tell him to go put up Lang numbers for at least 2 more years just the way Lang has.

But, if we have to trade Datsyuk, we have to get a player in return that will be part of the Wings long term future.

No trade would happen without an extension agreed upon (on both sides). Datsyuk is asking for more than Redden is making and at one year older than Pavel if we can lock Wade up he could be just as much a part of our future than Datsyuk (maybe moreso considering we're having issues signing Pavel up).

A defenseman wouldn't be my first choice to pull in via trade but he could be a nice part of a package (considering we might have to make room beyond what he have penciled in for Datsyuk).

peace

Posted Image

#28 Aki

Aki

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:02 PM

Why would the Sens want Redden? Datsyuk wants to make more than what Redden is making.