• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cujo>Hasek

Vancouver+Florida Blockbuster?

Rate this topic

This is jsut a rumor from a couple radio stations in Vancouver and apparently one in Florida, it supposedly involves:

Ed Jovanovski

Dan Cloutier

Ryan Kesler

ROBERTO LUONGO

Jay Bowmeester (I don't think I spelled that right) but heres a link on the subject

http://forum.canucks.com/viewtopic.php?t=95577

I don't think it's going to happen and the 'Nucks would have to hand over a 1st rounder or Cooke at least. I'm not getting my hopes up, but if it does happen it's a STEAL for Vancouver.

If Florida's GM is a moron, then this trade could happen. The best goalie in the game and a great young defensemen for a choke artist, a proven 29-year old defensemen, and a player that may turn out to be a good offensively or may be a third-liner. Florida doesn't need to replace Bowmeester with Jovanovski, that gets them nowhere. They need more defensemen, not a change in defensemen. Stupid for Florida, great for Vancouver.

DO NOt EVEN GO TO CANUCKS.COM!!!!!!

i was on there once, and there was a fourm topic that was about how Linden is better the Stevie!!!! once i saw that i sed i would never again go to that site

DO NOt EVEN GO TO CANUCKS.COM!!!!!!

i was on there once, and there was a fourm topic that was about how Linden is better the Stevie!!!! once i saw that i sed i would never again go to that site

wtf!!!!!!!!!!! thats b.s.

dumbest trade ever for florida. sending the best young goalie for dan cloutier. dumb. ed jovonowski for jay bouwmeester . dumb. maybe if naslund or bertuzzi were invloved it might have a slim possibility but florida would be getting nothing back in return for their future all-stars.

Keenan tongue.gif

Keenan has built Cup contender and Cup winners.

He's done it by grooming talented young players into stars and by bringing in the right mix of veterans around them, and his formula has worked everywhere to build a contender (except Vancouver, where he wasn't given time)

Also worth noting is that Keenan likes to have a starting goaltender who can be counted on for a lot of quality games (See Fuhr in 96...started more than 70 games straight from the start of the year for Keenan)

Cloutier brings neither the ability to be counted on nor the ability to play consistent at all, let alone over a large number of starts.

Jovanovski is a very good defenseman. But he does not improve on Bouwmeester in the defensive end, which is where Florida needs help. Bouwmeester is also much younger and has much greater potential as an offensive player, and is a better skater. To top it off, Florida has Mike Van Ryn, who is a solid offensive defenseman whose defensive game is not a liability.

And the last piece of the deal, Ryan Kesler? Vancouver loves him, but he would be well dow the list of Florida's talented center prospects. Steve Weiss, Nathan Horton, Rostislav Olesz, Kamil Kreps, Petr Taticek, Greg Jacina, Vaclav Nedorost are all centers 23 or younger (mostly prospects) who are ranked by scouting services as future second liners to future stars, assuming they haven't already reached that rank. According to hockeysfuture.com, Kesler is a 6.5A and the best center prospect in the Canucks system. 6.5A means he is virtually guaranteed (A ranking) to reach his potential as one of the better third line centers in the NHL (6=third line, 7=second line).

So Florida trades a world class 26 year old goaltender for a 29 year old journeyman, they deal a top notch prospect defenseman for a second tier offensive defenseman who is poor defensively, and they also get a third-line center prospect in the deal?

Or another way of looking at it; Separate it into two deals. Major player for major player, and the rest for the rest.

Florida trades world class goaltender for second tier one-dimensional defenseman.

Florida trades top prospect defenseman and potential Norris winner for journeyman goaltender and potential future depth forward.

Somehow, I don't think Florida would do that deal.

Now if it were Mezei and Jani Hurme instead of Bouwmeester and Luongo? Then they might do it, and it would probably be closer to a fair deal. Maybe a deal like this:

Vancouver gets:

Mezei

Hurme

Florida gets:

Cloutier (RFA)

Jovanovski

Kesler stays at home without Bouwmeester in the deal.

Why does Keenan hate Bouwmeester so much?

He is in every Florida trade rumor.

It's because a lot of teams want him, not because Kenan hates him.

Honestly...look at talented young defensemen who blossomed into very good players when coached by Keenan. Keenan is the best coach Jay-B could have.

Brad McCrimmon

Kjell Samuelsson

Dave Manson

Bryan Marchment

Sergei Zubov

Chris Pronger

Mattias Ohlund

Adrian Aucoin

This track record, as well as helping along the development of both less talented younger defensemen and improving great defensemen (Chelios became far better under Keenan than he ever had been in Montreal)

Keenan coaching Florida is a very good thing considering they have talented youngsters on the blue in Filip Novak, Branislav Mezei, Mike Van Ryn, Jay Bouwmeester as well as top defensive prospect Lukas Krajicek, who is compared in style and skill to 'Nick Lidstrom, but more willing to occasionally drop the gloves'

This team could get real scary not too far down the line with that kind of talent stockpiled and as young a roster as they have.