• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Cujo>Hasek

Cujo>Hasek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:53 PM

This is jsut a rumor from a couple radio stations in Vancouver and apparently one in Florida, it supposedly involves:

Ed Jovanovski
Dan Cloutier
Ryan Kesler
ROBERTO LUONGO
Jay Bowmeester (I don't think I spelled that right) but heres a link on the subject

http://forum.canucks...pic.php?t=95577

I don't think it's going to happen and the 'Nucks would have to hand over a 1st rounder or Cooke at least. I'm not getting my hopes up, but if it does happen it's a STEAL for Vancouver.

#2 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:57 PM

BWHAHAHAHAHA! Are they kidding? Not in a thousand goddamn years. I'd eat my hat.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#3 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:57 PM

wow............ what a stupid move for both sides wink.gif
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#4 PRStoetzer

PRStoetzer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:01 PM

If Florida's GM is a moron, then this trade could happen. The best goalie in the game and a great young defensemen for a choke artist, a proven 29-year old defensemen, and a player that may turn out to be a good offensively or may be a third-liner. Florida doesn't need to replace Bowmeester with Jovanovski, that gets them nowhere. They need more defensemen, not a change in defensemen. Stupid for Florida, great for Vancouver.

#5 Cujo>Hasek

Cujo>Hasek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (PRStoetzer @ August 17, 2005 - 11:01PM)
If Florida's GM is a moron, then this trade could happen.

Keenan tongue.gif

#6 Hobbes

Hobbes

In Bellissimo We Trust

• PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:03 PM

lol....this is why radio sucks......

#7 perryrak

perryrak

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:19 PM

ive heard this rumor too on pittsburgh ESPN radio and the team 1040 although i remeber there was one more forward from florida involved.

#8 perryrak

perryrak

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Heroes of Hockeytown @ August 17, 2005 - 10:57PM)
BWHAHAHAHAHA! Are they kidding? Not in a thousand goddamn years. I'd eat my hat.

What if it did happen. eat your hat? hmmm that would be interesting biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#9 Guest_Tombsy (Guest)

Guest_Tombsy (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:36 PM

Why does Keenan hate Bouwmeester so much?

He is in every Florida trade rumor.

#10 Saran

Saran

[[LGW]]

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

not gonna happen

#11 redmathew

redmathew

Stuck in vancouver with the bandwagon fans

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:18 AM

DO NOt EVEN GO TO CANUCKS.COM!!!!!!

i was on there once, and there was a fourm topic that was about how Linden is better the Stevie!!!! once i saw that i sed i would never again go to that site

#12 lamf

lamf

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (redmathew @ August 18, 2005 - 01:18AM)
DO NOt EVEN GO TO CANUCKS.COM!!!!!!

i was on there once, and there was a fourm topic that was about how Linden is better the Stevie!!!! once i saw that i sed i would never again go to that site

wtf!!!!!!!!!!! thats b.s.

#13 p.datsyuk13

p.datsyuk13

Lucky 13

• PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:35 AM

dumbest trade ever for florida. sending the best young goalie for dan cloutier. dumb. ed jovonowski for jay bouwmeester . dumb. maybe if naslund or bertuzzi were invloved it might have a slim possibility but florida would be getting nothing back in return for their future all-stars.

#14 Magus Relmyn

Magus Relmyn

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 05:47 PM

Um, wasn't Ed Jovanovski originally traded to Vancouver for Pavel Bure? It won't happen. Sorry.

#15 FunkyBlueFish203

FunkyBlueFish203

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:36 PM

Uumm no.

But let's think about all the things I would blow up if that happens.

"He sits next to Steve in that locker room for a reason -- because we wanted him to internalize some of those things. Steve was able to will this organization to unbelievable years with the three Stanley Cups, and now it's up to someone else. Z has that kind of will and that work ethic and that passion to be the best. It's going to be his time." -- Coach Mike Babcock

DOPASAPA est. 2006, President

#16 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Cujo>Hasek @ August 17, 2005 - 11:04PM)
Keenan tongue.gif

Keenan has built Cup contender and Cup winners.

He's done it by grooming talented young players into stars and by bringing in the right mix of veterans around them, and his formula has worked everywhere to build a contender (except Vancouver, where he wasn't given time)

Also worth noting is that Keenan likes to have a starting goaltender who can be counted on for a lot of quality games (See Fuhr in 96...started more than 70 games straight from the start of the year for Keenan)

Cloutier brings neither the ability to be counted on nor the ability to play consistent at all, let alone over a large number of starts.

Jovanovski is a very good defenseman. But he does not improve on Bouwmeester in the defensive end, which is where Florida needs help. Bouwmeester is also much younger and has much greater potential as an offensive player, and is a better skater. To top it off, Florida has Mike Van Ryn, who is a solid offensive defenseman whose defensive game is not a liability.

And the last piece of the deal, Ryan Kesler? Vancouver loves him, but he would be well dow the list of Florida's talented center prospects. Steve Weiss, Nathan Horton, Rostislav Olesz, Kamil Kreps, Petr Taticek, Greg Jacina, Vaclav Nedorost are all centers 23 or younger (mostly prospects) who are ranked by scouting services as future second liners to future stars, assuming they haven't already reached that rank. According to hockeysfuture.com, Kesler is a 6.5A and the best center prospect in the Canucks system. 6.5A means he is virtually guaranteed (A ranking) to reach his potential as one of the better third line centers in the NHL (6=third line, 7=second line).

So Florida trades a world class 26 year old goaltender for a 29 year old journeyman, they deal a top notch prospect defenseman for a second tier offensive defenseman who is poor defensively, and they also get a third-line center prospect in the deal?

Or another way of looking at it; Separate it into two deals. Major player for major player, and the rest for the rest.

Florida trades world class goaltender for second tier one-dimensional defenseman.
Florida trades top prospect defenseman and potential Norris winner for journeyman goaltender and potential future depth forward.

Somehow, I don't think Florida would do that deal.
Now if it were Mezei and Jani Hurme instead of Bouwmeester and Luongo? Then they might do it, and it would probably be closer to a fair deal. Maybe a deal like this:

Vancouver gets:
Mezei
Hurme

Florida gets:
Cloutier (RFA)
Jovanovski

Kesler stays at home without Bouwmeester in the deal.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#17 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Tombsy @ August 18, 2005 - 12:36AM)
Why does Keenan hate Bouwmeester so much?

He is in every Florida trade rumor.

It's because a lot of teams want him, not because Kenan hates him.

Honestly...look at talented young defensemen who blossomed into very good players when coached by Keenan. Keenan is the best coach Jay-B could have.

Brad McCrimmon
Kjell Samuelsson
Dave Manson
Bryan Marchment
Sergei Zubov
Chris Pronger
Mattias Ohlund
Adrian Aucoin

This track record, as well as helping along the development of both less talented younger defensemen and improving great defensemen (Chelios became far better under Keenan than he ever had been in Montreal)

Keenan coaching Florida is a very good thing considering they have talented youngsters on the blue in Filip Novak, Branislav Mezei, Mike Van Ryn, Jay Bouwmeester as well as top defensive prospect Lukas Krajicek, who is compared in style and skill to 'Nick Lidstrom, but more willing to occasionally drop the gloves'

This team could get real scary not too far down the line with that kind of talent stockpiled and as young a roster as they have.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#18 TheNewGreatOne87

TheNewGreatOne87

Go Wings

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:35 PM

another trade thought up by a guy in his computer room that got overblown