• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Redden to Detroit...

Rate this topic

REDDEN RUMOURS INTENSIFY.

TSN.CA/OTTAWA CITIZEN: reported today that speculation is increasing the Ottawa Senators could be forced to trade defenceman Wade Redden to free up cap space required to re-sign other Senators. The Citizen report suggested several potential package offers for Redden, among them, "Florida defenceman Mike Van Ryn, Los Angeles defenceman Lubomir Visnovsky and perhaps even Detroit centre Pavel Datsyuk."

Spector's Note: My thanks to all who sent this in. This story first appeared over the weekend in the Ottawa Sun, but this time there's some specifics, like the Oilers potential interest prior to trading for Chris Pronger. Looks like the Redden Rumour Mill is about to start churning furiously, although a lot could depend on what the Sens do regarding Marian Hossa and their future plans for Zdeno Chara. It'll be interesting to see what GM John Muckler has to say about all this.

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spectors_...de_rumours.html

I'm not too happy about this. Why would we need a another defenseman who can move the puck and score goals? Redden is a top d-man, but I'd rather invest in Datsyuk than give him up, not to mention it wouldn't be a straight up deal.

Edited by Hobbes

I'm not too happy about this. Why would we need a another defenseman who can move the puck and score goals? Redden is a top d-man, but I'd rather invest in Datsyuk than give him up, not to mention it wouldn't be a straight up deal.

If they are going to trade Datsyuk (I would really like to keep him) at least I hope that they will ask for Trent Hunter, Malkin or Malone...

If they are going to trade Datsyuk (I would really like to keep him) at least I hope that they will ask for Trent Hunter, Malkin or Malone...

The pens wont trade Malkin for Datsyuk alone. Detrot would have to put Zetteberg in that trade but Hunter would help on the right side but Datsyuk his worth more then just Hunter, if the isles put Parrish or Blake in that deal it would be great.

This trade only makes sense if we unload Schneider and his 3.3 million contract, that is the only way getting Redden would work out, since his contract is in the same range. This makes sense because Redden is a high quality defender and is even younger than Schneider, they're both feisty at times, but the age is the crucial factor here. I dont' agree with trading Datsyuk away for Redden unless we could somehow get Havlat or Spezza in the deal as well. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense since if we trade Datsyuk for Redden straight-up we'd be getting about the same amount of salary that Datsyuk is requesting on a d-man we dont' necessarily need unless he is to replace one of our top 4. We don't need more payroll going toward defense, at least no more than one million on someone like Simpson or Marchment. I think that is the best idea. Schneider will be high quality for us in these next 2 seasons and possibly into his retirement beyond that. Redden would be nice but his salary is too inflated, he needs to be making around 2 million tops in this new market, but then again, so does Datsyuk. I hope we sign Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, then add someone like Simpson and a tough winger like McCarthy (oddly close to McCarty), and call it a day. That seems to be the best option.

Lang will chip in 30 - 40 goals this year

Shanny - 25 to 35

Yzerman - 15 to 30

Draper - 15 to 30

Holmstrom - 10 to 15

Maltby - 10 to 15

Datsyuk - 25 to 35

Zetterberg - 30+ (I believe he's going to shine given we resign him)

Williams - 3 to 7

Hudler - 5 goals

Bootland - 1 to 5

Mowers - 5 to 10

Franzen - 5 to 15

Ledin (if he plays for us) - 10+

Lidstrom - 18 goals

Schneider - 15 goals

Fischer - 6 goals

Kronwall - 6 goals

Chelios - 5 goals

Rivers - 2 goals

Delmore - 9 goals

Osgood - 27-17 2.48 GAA .909 SV%

Legace - 29-9 2.27 GAA .917 SV%

Granted all these players won't play full-time, these are just potential numbers if they do play full or more time anyway. I was bored, so that's about all I have to say, haha. Deal with it.

why are we constantly talking about our defense????

isnt the "new" NHL about scoring and fast-attacking offenses? huh.gifhuh.gif

We are talking about it because it is a rumor, straight from TSN no less.

If we "unload" the just signed Schneider (which will not happen) and Lidstrom gets hurt who quarterbacks the powerplay? Kronwall? Chellie? Fischer? Rivers? Kyle Quinncey? C'mon. Redden is an excellent all around defenseman and would easily be our #2 blueliner -- I take that trade in a heartbeat. We need someone who can tow the line after Lidstrom fades more or leaves. We have no imminent help comming up besides Kronwall -- the rest need to develop.

Edited by fightfan24

I don't think Datsyuk will be traded, but...

I wouldn't mind a package consisting of Malone and Beech from the Pens. Detroit should get a pick as well.