• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
enophiliac

Hossa and Redden for Dats and Lidstrom

Rate this topic

Moving forward and building a team Redden and Hossa are the better players.

That said they are going to get expensive in a hurry with both being unrestricted next season. Hossa will definitely be at least $1-2M more expensive than Datsyuk and Redden stands a good chance to at least match Lidstrom's next contract (I see Nick taking less than $6M next season).

peace

I would. Hossa=100 pt player and Redden is a physical d-man but quick also. He's not nearly as good as Lidstrom but still as solid as they come. I would also consider Dats + draft pick for Hossa.

Guest Rory_Gilmore
Ken Holland would never trade Lidstrom. In an interview he said that he sleeps better at night knowing Lidstrom is on his team.

Ken Holland sleeps better because he's not stressed out from actually doing something to improve this team.

Hossa for Datsyuk, yes maybe. Lidstrom for Wedden or ANYBODY for that matter, no thanks at all. Lidstrom will be a legendary Red Wing along with Howe and Yzerman. He's the future leader of the club. Not happening, he'll never leave.

I would make the deal in a fantasy sim league but not in real life.

Now if I could swap Schneider in there instead of Lidstrom?

That would be a no-brainder.

And that's exactly why Ottawa wouldn't think twice about turning that proposal down.

Lidstrom is superior to Redden, but Hossa is equally superior to Datsyuk.

And god help me for saying this but i think why not make this trade happen.

Lidstrom has already said that he wanted to go back to Sweden (my point is he might not resign with anyone) and as much as Dats pulls me out of my seat with his moves, Hossa produces when it counts, in the playoffs

Having said all this i'm sorry Nicky i'm sorry Nicky i'm sorry Nicky i'm sorry Nicky i'm sorry Nicky i'm sorry Nicky i'm sorry Nicky i'm sorry Nicky .

I would never ever trade Lidstrom unless he told me himself that his career was coming to an end.

Lidstrom punch.gif Me