• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Barrie

Trade Draper?

Rate this topic

I guess there's rumors out there about trading Draper. Here's a good article about it. I say NO!!

http://www.detnews.com/2005/wings/0508/19/.../D04-282023.htm

If we're going to make a trade to make Cap room, trade Schneider. I thought it was a good deal at the time, but if we need to make room from Dats, Zett, and Kron, Schneider's salary should go. Plus if Delmore and Simpson are on the Blueline we can make some room for them.

I'm sure there's teams out there who has room for Schneider. He had an outstanding season in 2003-04. Maybe we can pull a Philly, when they traded Roenick for future considerations?

I agree with pretty much all of the comments so far.

Trading Draper would be the final nail in Holland's coffin as far as Wings fans are concerned.

Draper is signed to a relativley small contract, is one of (if not the) best defensive forwards in the league, and despite not being a dangerous scoring threat, he's good at faceoff's and can move the puck well. He is all heart and gives his all every single game.

I honestly can't see a Draper trade happening. Well, it better not happen. I was surprised that Holland brought-out McCarty, so I couldn't imagine him giving away another fan favourite like Draper or Maltby.

I agree with whoever it was who said that if anyone HAS to go, it should be Schneider. I like Scheid's as much as the next guy, but he's like 36 years-old and Holland goes and gives him $3.3 million when we still have Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall unsigned.

If we really have to lose someone, trade Schneider for draft pick(s) and give his minutes to (hopefully) Simpson, Rivers and Delmore.

stupid reporters. nothing else to lie about so this bozo wants to spew out this trash.

(note: this is the first i heard this trade talk - have done no research - and am probably full of s***e) drapes better be here to stay!

Draper is our next captain. Don't you ever think we are trading him. He will retire as a wing.

Drapers role and ability could easily let him play at high level at least 38 years old. He will be the captain when Stevie retires and if there's no Lidström.

Edited by Henkka

Trading Draper is just plain crazy talk and is simpley not going to happen. I think the Detroit News had nothing better to write about so they gave us an article pointing out the obvious: That trading Draper would be a mistake.

Thanks for the keen insight.