• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MacAttack25

MacAttack25

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:28 PM

With the lock out ending and free agencty booming,my friend and I decided to break out NHL 2005.I updated the Wing's roster and he updated the Flyer's.We decided to have a best of 7 series.I took the first two games,he took the next two,I won,he won.Plenty of great plays-Including a center ice goal by Delmore and a OT winner from Lidstrom.So it was time for game 7.He jumped ahead early with a goal by Kapanen.He widened the lead with a BS goal by Forsberg in the second(No way can Floppa fend off 2 hits by Fischer).At the face off,I dished it to Yzerman,I went up a sent a pass to Maltby.Esche stopped the one timer,but I slapped in the rebound with Draper.Early in the third he went ahead by two again with a goal by Handzus.I was trying everything,I just couldn't score.I hit the post with Williams and Maltby;Holmstrom,Williams,Delmore,and Kronwall also came close.With 1:15 left in the game,I stole the puck from Hatcher and scored on a wrap around by Lang.I called a time out and got everybody energized.I got it in his zone and Esche froze it.Off the face off,I took a fake shot by Holmstrom,sent it to Lang and tied it up!I was going crazy,while my friend looked something like this- mad.gif .There was about 40 something seconds left and he was peppering Osgood.He came in deking with Handzus,but was flattened by Kronwall.Finally,he shot and Osgood held onto it.There was about 10 seconds left.I passed it to Schneider and passed it up the boards to the man of the game Lang.He had Rathje coming at me,so I just took a wrister and it went in!4 seconds left.I couldn't believe it.I was celebrating,while my friend cursed Robert Esche and Robert Lang.It was great.I've made great comebacks against the computer,but doing it against your friend is even better,because the actually respond when you trash talk laugh.gif

Very pointless post,but I just wanted to write it down.To make this not completely useless,what is the greatest comeback you've ever pulled off in a sports game?

#2 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:45 PM

NHL 2004, Stanley Cup Finals, Wings vs. Sens.

I was down 0-3 in the series. Came back to win the Cup, three of the four wins coming in OT.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users