• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VisiblyShaken

Zetts to

Rate this topic

I asked for more on this rumor and got this as one reply..not from Eklund tho..

"From what I've heard its heating up a little bit more. Apperantly Detroit wants Steen in the deal. I can't see it going through, especially since Zetterberg scored 1 more goal than Stajan, but got about double the ice time. Toronto wants to keep Steen around so Sundin can have another Sweede on his wing, they don't expect him to be ready this year though. So they want to acquire Zetterberg.

I've heard Belak, and Antropov for Zetterberg as the Leafs offer, but Detroit wants Steen. "

Steen is said to be like Hank, but more physical....

I asked for more on this rumor and got this as one reply..not from Eklund tho..

"From what I've heard its heating up a little bit more. Apperantly Detroit wants Steen in the deal. I can't see it going through, especially since Zetterberg scored 1 more goal than Stajan, but got about double the ice time. Toronto wants to keep Steen around so Sundin can have another Sweede on his wing, they don't expect him to be ready this year though. So they want to acquire Zetterberg.

I've heard Belak, and Antropov for Zetterberg as the Leafs offer, but Detroit wants Steen. "

Steen is said to be like Hank, but more physical....

Where did you hear this? You don't have to divulge the name, just wondering if it's some heehaw with a blog making this up is all......

If Toronto gives us Antropov, Marchment, and Steen then give them Zetterberg. Who knows, maybe Steen will be the player Zetterberg is and we get a tough defenseman and a good sized forward...

Why would we trade for Marchment when we can sign him for nothing? cool.gif

This all leads to one question.. Who the f**k is Steen?

I don't want ANYONE from Toronto to be honest.

He's just another highly-touted Leafs prospect that isn't likely to live up to expectations. The Toronto Maple Leafs are not good at drafting or developing players, and I do not want to trade one of Detroit's best young players in Zetterberg for a Leaf prospect who'll likely take an extended period of time in the AHL to develop. Apparently, Alexander Steen is coming out of Sweden, and has both offensive and two-way potential, which is something we already know we have in Zetterberg. If Steen is the centre-piece in this deal for the Wings, I'll pass thank you.

A couple of things. I live very close to Toronto and hate the Leafs so this is the last team that I would want to get Zetterberg if he was traded. #2, Antropov is a giant piece of useless s**t but I know that the Wings really liked him around the draft time. It would be a horrible trade to get rid of Zetterberg and get obvious trash in return.

A couple of things. I live very close to Toronto and hate the Leafs so this is the last team that I would want to get Zetterberg if he was traded. #2, Antropov is a giant piece of useless s**t but I know that the Wings really liked him around the draft time. It would be a horrible trade to get rid of Zetterberg and get obvious trash in return.

Yeah, if Antropov wasn't a first round draft pick, he would be spending his time in the AHL. I've never expected much out of him.