• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
golfpar57

Datsyuk vs. Zetterberg

Rate this topic

Easily, I would take Datsyuk. However, he needs to perform during the playoffs. There's no one in the league like Datsyuk. He's a magician with the puck, plus, he could put people in the seats.

Zets definitely, more for less. Any player who's a staple on the power-play as well as the penelty kill is invaluable.

Zetterberg is better only if you disregard:

Their similar career scoring production.

Datsyuk's 3 Frank Selke trophies.

Datsyuk's 4 consecutive Lady Bing trophies.

NHL player's god-like regard for Datsyuk.

But, Zetterberg's English is better. Z's a great player. He's no Pavel Datsyuk.

Edited by stillwater

The age old question.....These two players are two of the classiest players in the game today, if you take it back to pond hockey and pick teams I bet Datsyuk gets picked 9/10. Ask an NHL GM who should lead their team to a cup your answers will vary...Datsyuks skill level exceeds Z's in every facet of the game (not by much) BUT what Zetterberg has on top of all that is a will that is LEGENDARY. Z's desire to be the best and honor the best goes above and beyond that of mere men.

Thus bringing me to they are EQUALLY as important to us in every way. Euro twins baby

Edited by 13dangledangle

Just thank whatever god you believe in that we have both and don't have to choose. Fun to read the old posts, though. Eerily reminiscent of the Nyquist-Tatar debates.

I remember back then I was a big Datsyuk guy. Wasn't all that impressed about Z. Although I was also a less sophisticated fan less able to appreciate the intangibles Z has.