• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DaKineMaui

The Last 10 years

Rate this topic

Who is more responsible for the Wings success? Last 10 years.  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ken Holland, maybe, maybe not. Scouting staff and Illitch's wallet, a definite yes.

What he said. I think Holland has made some really good staffing decisions, and I think he's really dropped the ball. I vote more for Mr. Ilitch, first and foremost, and then our rockin' scouting staff. (Go, Scotty!)

Holland and his scouting staff (note: Holland has been part of/the king of the scouting staff for a while) as well as Ilitch's money being able to KEEP the players that the Wings have picked up, and those players the Wings have acquired in the draft and via trade or free agency have been very loyal to the team and willing to stay for the most part (see Yzerman, Larionov, Osgood, etc.)

Definately, it's no one factor. You've gotta hand it to Ilitch for absolutely giving his all to ice a competitive team, he loves to win. Jimmy Devellano and the scouting staff deserves a ton of thanks for helping draft/aquire some of the best in the league.

I'd say the jury is still out on Ken Holland. He might've been good as a scout. But GM? We'll see.

I vote "Other".

When I asw the title of this thread I thought, "Wow that's not even a debate." I was very surprised when the only possible answer was missing.

The person more resonsible than any other for the Wings success in the last ten years is :

Steve Yzerman.

Edited by Yzerman#19

I vote "Other".

When I asw the title of this thread I thought, "Wow that's not even a debate." I was very surprised when the only possible answer was missing.

The person more resonsible than any other for the Wings success in the last ten years is :

Steve Yzerman.

My bad............Of course Stevie should have been a choice.

I guess I was just being angry is all. I just see Ken Holland in a different light without the big wallet in his back pocket is all.

(Anyone, and I do mean anyone, can make a business work with unlimited resources......make a mistake? Spend it away! POOF)

My bad.........

We can just put your vote in a write-in for Stevie.

:::::::EDIT::::::::::::

Ya gotta admit though ----- there are some close results up there on this poll......

Edited by DaKineMaui