• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ToddDaGod

Matt Cooke?

Rate this topic

Apparently his agent said if they sign Ohlund to a big contract he might be forced to look elsewhere. He wants around $1.25, which is a lot for us, but who knows what's gonna happen with our RFA's. Thoughts?

I would really like to have him...

Schneider anyone????

Schneider anyone????

Trade your (just signed) second best defenseman for a fourth line journeyman? LOL...

From economical point of view it could really help us - trading 36 years old Offensive Def. no need to mention that we alredy have the best one in Lidstrom and Kronwall who is going to be force + Delmore who could provide some offensive + we have like 7-8 ''D''

We could use that money on Datsyuk and Zetterberg (I hope that they are more important to this team than 36 yo Schneider...)

Yes, I would trade 36 yo who is going to make $6.6M / next 2 years

Edited by Dominator2005

Schneider anyone????

Trade your (just signed) second best defenseman for a fourth line journeyman? LOL...

From economical point of view it could really help us - trading 36 years old Offensive Def. no need to mention that we alredy have the best one in Lidstrom and Kronwall who is going to be force + Delmore who could provide some offensive + we have like 7-8 ''D''

We could use that money on Datsyuk and Zetterberg (I hope that they are more important to this team than 36 yo Schneider...)

Please consider the logic of timing. If MS were signed a couple years back and his salary was not desirable than sure, shop -- but the organization just spent sick money on legal fees to retain the guy you suggest they trade (and that untradable salary) -- he is not a marquee player like Hossa who you have to sign to trade. Matt was UFA! If your IQ is above Curious George you don't have to figure this out... Sorry if I seem mean, I am not, but anybody who thinks a company will sign a man to a contract, then fire, trade or lay off that same guy who they had no obligation to in the first place is not reading into the big picture -- even if they get a lesser guy at less salary... He'd blow Vancouver's Cap anyway... Crickey... wink.gif

Yep. Gotta go with what Eva said. Let em have Rivers, we get Cooke and place him with Drapes and Malts. I've always like Cooke. Definitely would add some grit & toughness..plus he can't nearly any opposing player off their game..and can put up some points here and there. I think he'd be a perfect fit on this team.

Schneider anyone????

Please consider the logic of timing. If MS were signed a couple years back and his salary was not desirable than sure, shop -- but the organization just spent sick money on legal fees to retain the guy you suggest they trade (and that untradable salary) -- he is not a marquee player like Hossa who you have to sign to trade. Matt was UFA! If your IQ is above Curious George you don't have to figure this out... Sorry if I seem mean, I am not, but anybody who thinks a company will sign a man to a contract, then fire, trade or lay off that same guy who they had no obligation to in the first place is not reading into the big picture -- even if they get a lesser guy at less salary... He'd blow Vancouver's Cap anyway... Crickey... wink.gif

Salary cup = $39M

Lidstrom + Schneider = $11M

Not because he's signed - that he's great addition...

Not because he's signed - that he can't be traded...

If we need money to sign Datsyuk and Zetterberg - would you rather trade Schneider or loose one of them???

This offseason = everything is possible...

Imagine that, guys like Maltby, Chelios, and Cooke on one team. 3 of the league's elite sh1t disturbers. Wings would be really popular.

Edited by BeeRYCE

Meh....I'd rather have Darcy Tucker

Imagine if we got Cooke AND Tucker?

Maltby, Draper, Tucker, Cooke, Chelios, Holmstrom, Franzen, Rivers, Lilja, Fischer, Kronwall, put Manlow in....might not be the most high scoring team, but one heck of a team to play against.

Not Schneider...Vancouver can't handle him if they can't handle Cooke.

But a guy they can handle?

Jamie Rivers.

We could deal Rivers for him and put Cooke on the Grind Line where I have Rivers listed.

Rivers for Cooke? Sounds like a suggestion straight outta Toronto, only Toronto is not involved. I think Vancouver would at least want a NHL regular in exchange for Cooke.

Not Schneider...Vancouver can't handle him if they can't handle Cooke.

But a guy they can handle?

Jamie Rivers.

We could deal Rivers for him and put Cooke on the Grind Line where I have Rivers listed.

Rivers for Cooke? Sounds like a suggestion straight outta Toronto, only Toronto is not involved. I think Vancouver would at least want a NHL regular in exchange for Cooke.

How about Johan? laugh.gif