• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SUPERSTUD

Jimmy Howard SIGNS!

Rate this topic

QUOTE (beerandwings @ August 24, 2005 - 09:31PM)

Now THAT is a good signing. It will take a couple years to get to the bigs, but c'mon, the guy has proven everything there is to prove! Time to go. And this is the best prospective defensman we have! 

I think you meant best goaltender.

Nope, I consider the goalie to play a little defense too, I was hoping people would infer that. I will refrain in the future.

Hope you are right on the timetable. But you never know, there could be a rash of injuries (not that we have any experience with that at the goalie position!) and he could be brought up faster. I just hope he doesnt "blackburn-out".

I think the realistic option will be to have Howard ready to take over in about 3 years. He's 21 now, so by the time he's 24-25, he should be ready to be a starter in the NHL.

According to Jim Nill, Jimmy Howard will be competing for the 3rd spot behind Osgood and Legace at training camp this summer; that's how much they believe in this kid, and rightfully so. He is the best goalie prospect we have had in ages. I just hope he keeps doing well because if he does, he will end up being one of the best goalies in the NHL with the likes of Kari Lehtonen and company.

the lock out came as a blessing to me down in Dallas TX> I only got to watch the Wolverines play 1 or 2 times a year,and that is if they played in the Frozen Four. In the past all I could do is look up the final score of the games on the web site. But, last year I payed for the sports package on Direct TV and got too see a lot more College Hockey. I got to see Howard play a bunch, and I have to say he was the best!! His postioning was good, he had a guick glove hand,and he could play like Hasek if he had to. He won't be down on GR for long, may be not at all!!!!!