• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ColdWarrior

Thrashing opportunity

Rate this topic

Since so many 'trade rumors' posts are not truly rumors, but random blathering of the poster... I figured I'd join in with some random blathering of my own.

Thrashers need a quality backup.

Why not offer Legace to them and let Mac & Howard dual for the Osgood tag-team? Tho, I don't see much on their team or prospect list I'd want in return. Maybe Stefan or Aubin?

Seriously though, I don't think they could do better than Legace unless they wanted a true #1 Goaltender. Legace is the best 2nd in the league, and can step up to #1 if Lehtonen has troubles adjusting. Kenny can you hear me?

Edited by ColdWarrior

Trade him for nothing and use the money to sign Dats and Hank. Or, use the money to take a player from New Jersey...they've got a lot more interesting players that could fit in well with the Wings.

Remember, trades don't have to be balanced at all. In fact, I think a lot of trades coming up, with teams' salary cap issues, will look very one sided.

I dont think you want to go the whole season with just ozzie. I think howard will be a great goalie but he is not ready to step up to the nhl yet. The wings had to upgrade from ozzie years ago because he couldnt hack it, and that was with a much better team in front of him.Better hang onto legace.

Manny is not the top goalie and never will be! Paying him more than Ozzie is crazy, and based upon the new prospect, Howie needs to be brought in soon! The Wings need to pull Howie up and let him learn under the Wing of Ozzie, and that will free up some bucks to sign Dats and Zett. DevDog911

I dont think you want to go the whole season with just ozzie. I think howard will be a great goalie but he is not ready to step up to the nhl yet. The wings had to upgrade from ozzie years ago because he couldnt hack it, and that was with a much better team in front of him.Better hang onto legace.

LMAO@Had to Upgrade

More like "were offered Hasek for a song, and had the choice of taking the deal or watching the Blues get him"

The Wings were more than happy with Ozzie. So happy in fact that they turned down a straight Ozzie-for-Blake deal just a few months earlier.

Hasek signed a 3-year deal. Osgood had two years remaining.

Hasek retired after the season, and the Wings signed Joseph to a 3 year deal with a conditional 4th. Osgood signed a low-budget contract extension after he was traded to St. Louis.

The Wings have always liked Osgood. Osgood has personally put himself in a POSITION to return to Detroit. It was not by coincidence that the same season the Wings were again looking for a goaltender, Osgood was available.

Holland has known Osgood for 16 years. He scouted him for 2 solid years before he was drafted. Holland lived in the same town as Osgood played in.

Hall of Famer Billy Smith once called Osgood "the most technically sound goaltender I've ever seen."

Osgood was playing behind a mediocre Islanders defense at the time. No 'incredible Detroit team making him look good.'

And in fact, it's arrogant to say that he only did well because of the team.

Name me a few goalies who have put up better career numbers that have not been on great teams for a good stretch of their career?

Hasek is the only recent goalie with better career numbers who was not playing on great teams. and his teams only suffered from a lack of offense-the Buffalo defense was stellar.

Manny is not the top goalie and never will be! Paying him more than Ozzie is crazy, and based upon the new prospect, Howie needs to be brought in soon! The Wings need to pull Howie up and let him learn under the Wing of Ozzie, and that will free up some bucks to sign Dats and Zett. DevDog911

That will happen next season at soonest.

Osgood will sign another contract and return as the starter, but Liv might be the guy who backs him up.

Howard could prove to need another year at the AHL level, an Liv has a good chance at playing in the WC's next year