• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Zetterberg+Kronwall/Coliacavo+Kaberle+Antropov

Rate this topic

Alright, I'm sure this is BS to the fullest extent but Hockey Leaks has reported this.

Apparently, and I cannot confirm this, but earlier tonight sportsnet.ca listed the following trade. They took it off after about 5 minutes.

This doesn't seem to be a bad deal. We get a defensive prospect that could be just as good as Kronwall. Coliacavo is two years younger and two inches taller. Tomas Kaberle is an established, good defensemen who will immediately soldify our already strong defense. Nik Antropov is a tall (6'6"), strong forward who is only six months older than Zetterberg and probably has just as much upside (with more NHL experience).

The salaries also work out well. We get rid of Kronwall's $1.0 million salary for Antropov's $1.007 million salary and Kaberle's $2.28 million salary. This is a net addition to our salaries of $2.287 million (Coliacavo would be in the minors), putting the Wings at $33.799 million. This leaves $5.201 million in space. If no further signings are planned, this allows Holland to sign Datsyuk for up to $4.2 million and keep the $1.0 million in wiggle room.

On the Leafs side, they give up a good defensive prospect to get a good young defensmen ready for the NHL and replace the salary of a veteran defensemen (Kronwall replaces Kaberle). They save money, bringing their salaries down to $31.2636 million, plenty to sign Zetterberg and a couple of other free agents or make another move.

This trade seems to work for both teams and make sense. Perhaps the trade has been completed pending Zetterberg reaching a deal and since Zetterberg hasn't agreed to a deal, it was taken off Sportsnet.ca. I like Zetterberg alot and don't want to see him go, but I trust Ken Holland to make the best deals possible.

EDIT: It also explains the lack of an announcement by the Red Wings of Kronwall's signing.

Edited by PRStoetzer

Guest Rory_Gilmore

This certainly doesn't merit the kind of treatment that most of the Wings-Leafs rumors have deserved.

Sometimes, where there's smoke there's fire.

Lots of stuff floating around about Zetterberg being unhappy in Detroit. Maybe that's really the case.

If Holland knows he can lock up Datsyuk then maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

I like Hank a lot, but if it's not money, like with Pavel, but unhappiness, then Holland would be right to move him.

Whether it's a good move or not, I'll leave to the experts here on the Leafs players involved in the deal.

It's tough to swallow losing talents like Hank and Kronwall and not expert more in return, though.

2 of tomorrow's elite stars for 3 proven mediocre players? No, f**k off. I'd rather keep 2 functioning teammates than have 3 Leafs ruining our f**king organization.

You want big useless Nik? Take him.....PLLLLLLLLLEASE!!!!

Carlo is a very good, young defenceman, but has bad luck with injuries. Neither he or Kaberle are very physical at all, which is probably why Detroit would want them in the first place tongue.gif I kid, I kid.

Yeah, I don't believe this one. So far, only one blog has actually mentioned seeing it, so I don't think it has legs.

You want big useless Nik? Take him.....PLLLLLLLLLEASE!!!!

Carlo is a very good, young defenceman, but has bad luck with injuries. Neither he or Kaberle are very physical at all, which is probably why Detroit would want them in the first place tongue.gif I kid, I kid.

Yeah, I don't believe this one. So far, only one blog has actually mentioned seeing it, so I don't think it has legs.

It's true, you're not kidding, which is the sad part.... sad.gif

Edited by Barnes52

It's funny - I went to TMLfans.ca and they're saying that the trade heavily favours the Wings and on most Wings message boards that I've visited today, Wings fans are saying the trade heavily favors the Leafs.

Ahhh, a fan's unbiased perspective... hehe.gifcool.gif

However, I wouldn't do this for a couple of reasons - 1. Zata and Kronny are looked at as players around which the Wings plan to build their future. 2. Kronny has huge potential - some even say he may be the second coming of Nick Lidstrom. Yes, he's still unproven, but why package that potential in a trade for three mediocre players?

I happen to think this trade is Eklundesque BS. But time will tell.

On 8/27/2005 at 4:31 PM, Yzermania19 said:

It's funny - I went to TMLfans.ca and they're saying that the trade heavily favours the Wings and on most Wings message boards that I've visited today, Wings fans are saying the trade heavily favors the Leafs.

Ahhh, a fan's unbiased perspective... hehe.gifcool.gif

However, I wouldn't do this for a couple of reasons - 1. Zata and Kronny are looked at as players around which the Wings plan to build their future. 2. Kronny has huge potential - some even say he may be the second coming of Nick Lidstrom. Yes, he's still unproven, but why package that potential in a trade for three mediocre players?

I happen to think this trade is Eklundesque BS. But time will tell.

Guess we're smarter, eh?

Imagine a 2005 team that looked like this (pretend there was no lookout)? 

Homstrom Gomez Antropov

Lang Yashin Shanahan

Samuelsson Williams Franzen

Maltby Draper Cleary

Lidstrom Schneider

Coliacovo Kaberle

Chelios Lilja

Weird

5 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

People used message forums in 2005?  

Old school Twitter

8 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

In honor of tonight's Wings/Leafs game, lets revisit this doosie of a trade rumor! Wow!

Or these real ones.

Toronto Maple Leafs acquire Date Detroit Red Wings acquire
Toronto_Maple_Leafs.gif 1998 4th round pick (#87-Alexei Ponikarovsky) 
March 24, 1998
Jamie Macoun Detroit_Red_Wings.gif

Toronto Maple Leafs acquire Date Detroit Red Wings acquire
Toronto_Maple_Leafs.gif future considerations 
March 18, 1997
Larry Murphy

Detroit_Red_Wings.gif