• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RyanBarnes!

Training Camp Roster

Rate this topic

http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwings/stor...etroitCamp.html

The Detroit Red Wings Training Camp Roster includes some interesting names like Big Snake (tryout), Bootland, Ellis, Haskins, Herring (tryout), B Jarret (tryout), Amadio, Kindl, May, Quincey and Stamler.

Granted most prospects are not even close to playing in the NHL or even the AHL, but still looks like an improvement over the last few years from a physical standpoint in my opinion. Thoughts?

For toughness there's...

Amadio

Big Snake

Herring

Bootland

All the other guys are the usual......Amadio is GR bound, it'd be nice if he got a good look by the parent though, Big Snake will impress, just don't know if there's much room, Herring I don't know much about, but will get some info on him...

Doesn't Helm bring some physical play too? He's not big, but from what I've heard he's pretty gritty.

No, he's a guy that gets the cheap penalties, he's not the type to drop the gloves at all. His PIM's are very misleading in that regard.

I would not mind seeing a few minutes of Big Snake over the course of the season. Then again maybe I'm just partial having had him on my current home-town Portland Winterhawks a while back

What'd you think of him? He had some "attitude problems" there, no?

The Detroit Red Wings Training Camp Roster includes some interesting names like Big Snake (tryout), Bootland, Ellis, Haskins, Herring (tryout), B Jarret (tryout), Amadio, Kindl, May, Quincey and Stamler.

Granted most prospects are not even close to playing in the NHL or even the AHL, but still looks like an improvement over the last few years from a physical standpoint in my opinion. Thoughts?

The Wings certainly have a lot of good looking prospects this year and in the years to come. It will be interesting to see where these guys end up this season.

I for one am hopeful that Bootland gets a chance on the Grind Line or even on the 4th line this season. I think he will be a really handy player for us in the future, and will play a role very similar to Maltby's.

I'm also anxious to see how Big Snake goes. If he shows the talent and toughness that I have been hearing about, then I will be one happy little Wings fan.

Kindl is another guy that I am interested in. There were a lot of people bashing him around here after the draft, but I think that he will turn into a pretty decent player. His offensive skills are noted, but he isn't as soft as people make him out to be. He's not Konstantinov, but he plays reasonably physical and isn't totally opposed to contact. People didn't see that last season, but if you think about it, his entire game was a bit off last year, both offensivley and defensivley. With a couple more years to adjust to the North American style of play and to fill out physically, I think he will come along in leaps and bounds.

The Wings certainly have a lot of good looking prospects this year and in the years to come. It will be interesting to see where these guys end up this season.

I for one am hopeful that Bootland gets a chance on the Grind Line or even on the 4th line this season. I think he will be a really handy player for us in the future, and will play a role very similar to Maltby's.

I'm also anxious to see how Big Snake goes. If he shows the talent and toughness that I have been hearing about, then I will be one happy little Wings fan.

Kindl is another guy that I am interested in. There were a lot of people bashing him around here after the draft, but I think that he will turn into a pretty decent player. His offensive skills are noted, but he isn't as soft as people make him out to be. He's not Konstantinov, but he plays reasonably physical and isn't totally opposed to contact. People didn't see that last season, but if you think about it, his entire game was a bit off last year, both offensivley and defensivley. With a couple more years to adjust to the North American style of play and to fill out physically, I think he will come along in leaps and bounds.

Kindl reminds me of Fischer. He was considered a offensive defenseman in juniors much like Kindl. Fischer didn't have a spectacular rookie season but had a very good sophomore year scoring 78 pts while adding 141 PIM. I think Kindl is capable of something similar.

Kindl reminds me of Fischer. He was considered a offensive defenseman in juniors much like Kindl. Fischer didn't have a spectacular rookie season but had a very good sophomore year scoring 78 pts while adding 141 PIM. I think Kindl is capable of something similar.

I see certain elements of Fischer in Kindl as well.

Fischer was considered to be an offensive defenseman but struggled in his first season in North America, but when he got some experience and adjusted to the style of play, he picked up his scoring and also showed a solid physical side to his game.

That is sort of the development I expect/hope for from Kindl. At this point in his career, people see Kindl as just an offensive defenseman, but like Fischer, I think he will show more of a physical, tougher side this season and in the future.

Herring is an energy player, probably not a fighter at the NHL level. He is physical and very good defensively, and has been able to shut down pretty much every forward he's matched up against in the OHL and in his short stay in the ECHL last year.

He's a clutch playoff performer. Had almost as many points in a few playoff games last year in the OHL as he had in the entire regular season. He was one of the top rookie playoff performers in the ECHL playoffs, with a four point game, including a game winner, in the first round. Had a couple other multi-point games as well, I think.

People don't know about him because he had some serious injuries in major junior and lost a lot of time. Don't be surprised if he makes the team as a checking line forward who scores some tough goals from time to time.

From DetNews.com:

Prospects schedule

The game schedule for the Red Wings' prospects camp at Traverse City's Centre ICE Arena. There are two sheets of ice at the arena.

Today: Tampa Bay vs. Atlanta, 7 p.m.; Minnesota vs. Columbus, 7:30

Wednesday: Tampa Bay vs. Columbus, 7 p.m.; Detroit vs. Minnesota, 7:30

Thursday: Minnesota vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.; Detroit vs. Atlanta, 7:30

Friday: Columbus vs. Atlanta, 6:30 p.m.; Detroit vs. Tampa Bay, 7

Saturday: Minnesota vs. Atlanta, 2 p.m.; Detroit vs. Columbus, 2:30

I see certain elements of Fischer in Kindl as well.

Fischer was considered to be an offensive defenseman but struggled in his first season in North America, but when he got some experience and adjusted to the style of play, he picked up his scoring and also showed a solid physical side to his game.

That is sort of the development I expect/hope for from Kindl. At this point in his career, people see Kindl as just an offensive defenseman, but like Fischer, I think he will show more of a physical, tougher side this season and in the future.

Fischer in juniors...he OWNED juniors.

And after how he played internationally...

He will do really well this season and is not far off from Norris contention.

To be honest, Fischer has been disappointing. We get draft pick 19, and we use it on another Fischer? Surely with such a high pick we could have found someone better? I'm not too satisfied at this stage.

Fischer has hardly been a disappointment.

He was freakin amazing in the 2002 playofsf and in the beginning of the 02-03 season before his knee injury which put him out through the end of the season and the playoffs.

he had not fully recovered from his knee injury the next year and was slowed BADLY.

Fischer in open ice when healthy is quicker than Mathieu Dandenault...in 03-04 he was skating barely better than Hatcher because he was still getting the knee back in shape.

Last year in international play and Czech league play, Fischer had his agility and speed back, and was dominant defensively. He had to be restrained offensively because he was paired with Zidlicky at the tournaments, but in the Czech league he was among the leading defensemen in points and was the only one who could play a strong defensive and/or physical game.

Some good news is although Kolasau's name wasn't on the list, apparently he must be there because there is a picture of him on redwingscentral.com. I know Nill wanted him to come to NA to work on his game, hopefully he'll stay.

I see Kolasau played in the game. I think this is great, but I am wondering, does anybody know where he is playing this year? Prince George of the WHL dropped him from their available European players last year, which means more or less that he is currently not with a team in North America.

RedWingsCentral.com has pictures and game details.

Here is the boxscore: Det 4 - Min 1

If you check out the message boards, "Lindy" posted some details. Said Big Snake's fight was a draw. Koopmans saved 19 of the 20 shots he faced and Jimmy Howard saved all the 9 he faced.

Good start smile.gif

The guy that Big Snake fought was 6' 8" tall and 238 pounds and Lindy gave Big Snake the edge saying that he landed several punches. Good showing against a guy that was much bigger. Kindl was a plus 3.