• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RyanBarnes!

Training Camp Roster

Rate this topic

The guy that Big Snake fought was 6' 8" tall and 238 pounds and Lindy gave Big Snake the edge saying that he landed several punches. Good showing against a guy that was much bigger. Kindl was a plus 3.

Wow, he fought a 6'8 guy? He's got some balls. Absolutly fantastic to hear about LaCouture coming to camp, maybe Kenny has been listening to us!

Wow, he fought a 6'8 guy? He's got some balls. Absolutly fantastic to hear about LaCouture coming to camp, maybe Kenny has been listening to us!

If he has been listening to us then hopefully he goes out and signs an enforcer, im also glad that LaCouture is coming to town.

RedWingsCentral has a detailed report up now.

Lots of praise for Jimmy Howard. I thought he came in to the game later on but he actually started it and made some good saves.

PLUS

Eric Himelfarb used his speed to generate turnovers and tallied a breathtaking shorthanded goal while paired with Ryan Oulahen.

Jimmy Howard was a wall for the Red Wings, stopping all nine shots he faced through the first 30 minutes of play.

Logan Koopmans, who came in cold to relieve Howard, preserved the Red Wings lead and powered Detroit to victory.

The Wings lost the second game 5-4 to Atlanta. There were a total of 21 penalties called in the game, 12 against the Wings and 9 against Atlanta. Ryan Oulahen was praised for doing a good job in killing penalties.

PLUS

Valtteri Filppula returned to form and was an offensive threat all night. The skilled Finn finished the game with a goal and an assist.

Reid Jorgenson had a goal and a fight, and is showing decent skills to go along with good toughness. However, he was a team-worst minus-3.

Kyle Quincey led the team with a plus-2 rating and nearly scored early in the second period on a shot from the point.

MINUS

Derek Meech, now a veteran at these events, had a tough night killing penalties and hasn’t shown much in the way of offense.

Ryan Keller played a limited role due to all the penalties, but the offensive-minded forward needs to step up to earn a contract.

Robin Big Snake was given a chance to show he has other skills besides fighting, and he wasn’t entirely convincing.

Full report here.

Hackert had a breakout year in Germany last year, is supposedly fast and has great hands http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla....php3?pid=53551

Keller I don't know much about, except he's small and had 40 goals in juniors last year..i dont expect him to be signed though. He hasn't done much in the rookie camp so far. http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.ph...pid%5B%5D=62562

Howard played awsome, also stopping a penalty shot that Lebda got us into. Safe to say he won't be offered a contract. Apparently Kindl has been playing well, he's just not scoring, which scares me. Big Snake is impressing the hell outta me, I hope Nill and Holland take some notice. What impresses me the most he isn't a goon by any stretch of the imagination. He didn't even have a penalty in game 3, but scored. When the time is needed, he drops em. From all the recaps I've read at redwingscentral, he seems to be getting challenged, not him challenging others. I also thought McGrath played well, putting up a couple points.

Apparently Kindl has been playing well, he's just not scoring, which scares me.

Yeh when I read that my immediate reaction was 'Oh No'! That's like he was during the entire 2004/05 season. Lets hope he gets some reward for effort and strong play in the future thumbup.gif

Thanks WingMan! It'll be interesting to see what Hackert can do in TC.

Hackert starts training this week at his last club frankfurt lions. he brakes his splint-bone and shin-bone in april this year. he said, he wants to come in 1,2 or 3 weeks to detroit.

Actually, he only has one year remaining on his contract. It is up in '06.

End of this year, right? I hope this is the last of Lebda....he sucked up the joint in Prospects Camp. Both he and Meech were supposed to be leaders and impress, being that both guys played a full season in the AHL, but both were manhandled by the larger forwards, both looked very confused and were caught making ill advised passes and giveaways in their own zone.

Hackert starts training this week at his last club frankfurt lions. he brakes his splint-bone and shin-bone in april this year. he said, he wants to come in 1,2 or 3 weeks to detroit.

I hope this isn't true, considering he's on Detroits training camp roster and training camp started today...

Actually, he only has one year remaining on his contract. It is up in '06.

ah..ok. Well, this past season was his first season in the AHL, and he signed a standard 3 year entry level contract..so i figured he had 2 years left.

End of this year, right? I hope this is the last of Lebda....he sucked up the joint in Prospects Camp. Both he and Meech were supposed to be leaders and impress, being that both guys played a full season in the AHL, but both were manhandled by the larger forwards, both looked very confused and were caught making ill advised passes and giveaways in their own zone.

Right, this coming season will be his last.

As for Meech and Lebda, I mentioned that on the Griffs board that they all played horrible (Himelfarb too) up at camp. I was expecting them to be an example for the ones still in juniors. They couldn't keep the puck in the zone half the time.

ah..ok. Well, this past season was his first season in the AHL, and he signed a standard 3 year entry level contract..so i figured he had 2 years left.

I'm just going by the site where I get all the prospect's contracts info from...