3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 01:36 PM

http://www.hockeytra...rticle5541.html

Ryder, Hainsey, 3rd pick....

for

Brad Richards

Just a rumor..according to the site...not confirmed, so don't get pissed at me if it's not true! But it's kinda big news so I posted here rather then another form..

#2 LIDDYGIBBY5

LIDDYGIBBY5

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 935 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 01:45 PM

Why would TB even want to do that?
"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week." Herb Brooks

2 16

33 To The Rafters!!

#3 Yzerfan75

Yzerfan75

"Mmmm my poker face, mmm my poker face..."

• Silver Booster
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 01:46 PM

Ugh. Kinda makes me wistful for the days when the Wings could get in some of the "power" trades.

#4 bellarina

bellarina

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 01:53 PM

If Montreal did that they would be a bunch of dumb ass's. Ryder is just as good as Richards and Hainsey is one of their best prospects not to mention a draft pick.....give me a break. This is just a rumor, nothing more.
com mas bacalhao filho!
CR 7

#5 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 01:57 PM

I agree it wouldn't be wise for Montreal to make this move, but from Tampa's end moving Richards is probably a good idea. He's going to want Lecavalier/St. Louis money next year when he becomes UFA and TB's already got all that money locked up so... might as well trade him and get some younger, cheaper talent.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#6 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:00 PM

this just out of hockeytraderumors.com,.....there have been speculated reports that the sun might not go down.....this is just a rumor but a good source has said there will be no nightfall tonite. (I'm so sick of this rumors)

#7 LIDDYGIBBY5

LIDDYGIBBY5

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 935 posts

QUOTE (Heroes of Hockeytown @ August 27, 2005 - 02:57PM)
I agree it wouldn't be wise for Montreal to make this move, but from Tampa's end moving Richards is probably a good idea. He's going to want Lecavalier/St. Louis money next year when he becomes UFA and TB's already got all that money locked up so... might as well trade him and get some younger, cheaper talent.

or they could ride the team chemistry that they had to another run for the cup. Don't get me wrong Ryder is a very good winger, but they have been able to make things work with Richards. Ryder is just going to want they same kind of money a few years later and you don't know wether he will fit in.
"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week." Herb Brooks

2 16

33 To The Rafters!!

#8 datsyukonethree

datsyukonethree

Damn we're sweet.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

So they'd have Koivu, Ribeiro, Bonk, and now Richards? I don't think they'd want to be that stacked at center, unless they're planning to move either Koivu or Ribeiro, because we all know how well those two get along.
Pads for legs: $1500.
Glove for hand: $400.
Mask for face: $150.
Having a Slinky for a spine: priceless.

[Has been scolded by moderators for making Marxist comments.]

#9 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,358 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:57 PM

I don't buy this at all. Why would Tampa want to trade away one of their top players, and the guy that was the MVP of the playoffs in '04? Makes no sense. UNLESS they have no room for him?
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#10 AMac2002

AMac2002

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (hockeycrazy3033 @ August 27, 2005 - 06:57PM)
I don't buy this at all. Why would Tampa want to trade away one of their top players, and the guy that was the MVP of the playoffs in '04? Makes no sense. UNLESS they have no room for him?

I think you just answered your own question...

#11 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (AMac2002 @ August 27, 2005 - 06:40PM)
I think you just answered your own question...

How do they "have no room for him"? He's under contract, they're not over the cap. He's a RFA next summer, and will sign for at least one year after that..he's not going anywhere for at least 2 years, if at all.

#12 AMac2002

AMac2002

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:09 PM

They just must want more room, I guess looking into the future and realizing they will have to drop some people, they thought they could get more for Richards now, rather than losing him in Free Agency.

Edited by AMac2002, 27 August 2005 - 10:10 PM.

#13 Badlands

Badlands

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:20 AM

Bolts Will Keep Richards

In addition, the source is CBC radio, which is apparently on strike at the moment and not filing any new stories - hence a rumor with no truth behind it.

#14 BeeRYCE

BeeRYCE

Where are the f'n twinkies?!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:18 PM

I wouldn't want to trade away the reigning Conn Smythe trophy winner.

#15 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (BeeRYCE @ August 28, 2005 - 11:18PM)
I wouldn't want to trade away the reigning Conn Smythe trophy winner.

Tell that to Scotty Bowman! *rimshot*
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#16 OssyRocks

OssyRocks

Wings #1 Goalie

• 28 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:07 PM

I don't think Richards or Ryder could be pulled away from their teams. And that "arrticle" said they would announce it formaly on the 29th...it's the 30th!