• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jagr68

Brad Richards traded...?

Rate this topic

If Montreal did that they would be a bunch of dumb ass's. Ryder is just as good as Richards and Hainsey is one of their best prospects not to mention a draft pick.....give me a break. This is just a rumor, nothing more.

I agree it wouldn't be wise for Montreal to make this move, but from Tampa's end moving Richards is probably a good idea. He's going to want Lecavalier/St. Louis money next year when he becomes UFA and TB's already got all that money locked up so... might as well trade him and get some younger, cheaper talent.

this just out of hockeytraderumors.com,.....there have been speculated reports that the sun might not go down.....this is just a rumor but a good source has said there will be no nightfall tonite. (I'm so sick of this rumors)

I agree it wouldn't be wise for Montreal to make this move, but from Tampa's end moving Richards is probably a good idea. He's going to want Lecavalier/St. Louis money next year when he becomes UFA and TB's already got all that money locked up so... might as well trade him and get some younger, cheaper talent.

or they could ride the team chemistry that they had to another run for the cup. Don't get me wrong Ryder is a very good winger, but they have been able to make things work with Richards. Ryder is just going to want they same kind of money a few years later and you don't know wether he will fit in.

I don't buy this at all. Why would Tampa want to trade away one of their top players, and the guy that was the MVP of the playoffs in '04? Makes no sense. UNLESS they have no room for him?

I think you just answered your own question...

I think you just answered your own question...

How do they "have no room for him"? He's under contract, they're not over the cap. He's a RFA next summer, and will sign for at least one year after that..he's not going anywhere for at least 2 years, if at all.

They just must want more room, I guess looking into the future and realizing they will have to drop some people, they thought they could get more for Richards now, rather than losing him in Free Agency.

Edited by AMac2002