• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

Colorado looking at Luongo?

Rate this topic

Luango is a great goalie.

That being said, I don't think it is smart for any team to put together a nice package of players to pick up a "great goalie". With the limited puck handling, the lessening of the size of jersey's and pads, the expanded offensive area, the elimination of the red line, and the cracking down of obstruction penalties, there is no telling how any goaltender is going to be able to adjust to all of this. Some goalies that were great are going to be not so great anymore, imo, especially if they were a butterfly goaltender. The goalies that used more of a hybrid style will probably put up similar stats with a slight increase in GA and a slight decrease in save %.

Point is, until you have time to evaluate goaltenders in the "new NHL" it would be unwise to trade away proven players (that aren't goalies) or highly touted prospects (same) for a goalie you haven't seen perform with all the rule changes.

That being said if Colorado wants to send Abby, Boughner, and Tanguay to Fla for Luango. I say do it. Luango won't be wearing those giant pads anymore.

Who the frack is this Luango guy? Is that the guy the Affalanche brought in after Waaah retired? Oh no... that wasy Abby-shire. I'm glad they lost Phorsberg & Foot. Oh wait! I got it... isn't Luango that guy on the Flarido Panvers? Nah... there's no Luango there... unless of course you mean ROBERTO LUONGO.

Yeah, quit spelling his name wrong.

If LuOngo went to a team like Colorado, they'd practically be too good for the NHL. This would be a nightmare for us!

He also claims later in the article that Philly is prepared to move the young, talented, promising Michal Handzus for aging sniper Peter Bonda. rolleyes.gif

As always: I'll believe it when I see it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of Handzus in order to acquire Bondra. The Flyers could use a scoring winger more than they could Handzus. With Forsberg, Primeau, Carter, and Richards... the Flyers are stacked at center, which means Zus is the odd man out.

I'd love to see him in a Wings jersey but we also have a plethora of centers in Lang, Datsyk, Draper, and if needed Yzerman and Zetterberg. If Datsyuk does infact get traded for a scoring winger such as Ryan Smyth, I'd love to see Zus be the guy to replace Datsyuk's spot on the 2nd line...

Smyth Lang Shanahan

Zetterberg Handzus Holmstrom

Maltby Draper Yzerman

Franzen Williams Bootland

It isn't the greatest but it's not too shabby at all.

Yeah, quit spelling his name wrong.

If LuOngo went to a team like Colorado, they'd practically be too good for the NHL. This would be a nightmare for us!

Well, considering what they'd have to give up to get a guy like Luongo thats not true.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of Handzus in order to acquire Bondra. The Flyers could use a scoring winger more than they could Handzus. With Forsberg, Primeau, Carter, and Richards... the Flyers are stacked at center, which means Zus is the odd man out.

Clarke should be smacked if he pulls off this deal. Bondra will be gone in a year. He has Handzus for years to come, because he's not going to be making that much money and if I recall correctly even said he wanted to stay in Philly his whole career, so they could potentially get a discount on his talent.

Worse, you'd put two rookies--Carter and Richards--over the proven Handzus? He brings much more to the table than scoring as well, he is big, tough and physical. You just can't put a price on this kind of play. I would eat my hat if the Flyers moved Handzus to make room for Bondra.

Montreal will try to trade Koivu + Theodore for Luongo this week. They are getting Richards tomorrow so Koivu is on trade block...

where did u hear this from ? blink.gif