• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Christian

Christian

God bless the world.

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:11 AM

I'd probably go with a Windows machine as my first and foremost computer, for the plain fact of hard and software support. Windows is just a convinience and I can't really say that I find a performance difference between a high powered MAC or Windows machine. Both are fine with me.

I do like the MAC laptops a lot and will likely opt for one soon. I like MAC OSXs sleek design and functionality.

I certainly wouldn't say that nobody cares about Linux, in fact, I have used several Linux distrubitions on my laptops over the years and I liked all of them a lot. Problem is finding drivers for older hardware, but these days most devices offer Linux drivers. I really like the SUsE distribution. Comes with a ton of stuff and has a sleek destop.

#42 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (Christian @ September 2, 2005 - 09:11AM)
I'd probably go with a Windows machine as my first and foremost computer, for the plain fact of hard and software support. Windows is just a convinience and I can't really say that I find a performance difference between a high powered MAC or Windows machine. Both are fine with me.

I do like the MAC laptops a lot and will likely opt for one soon. I like MAC OSXs sleek design and functionality.

I certainly wouldn't say that nobody cares about Linux, in fact, I have used several Linux distrubitions on my laptops over the years and I liked all of them a lot. Problem is finding drivers for older hardware, but these days most devices offer Linux drivers. I really like the SUsE distribution. Comes with a ton of stuff and has a sleek destop.

I already said once that I was being sarcastic with the comment about Linux.
Geesh,
LDi03
A complex man drawn off of simplicity.

#43 tidysteve

tidysteve

Pimp of the Nation

• HoF Booster
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (Christian @ September 2, 2005 - 08:11AM)
Windows is just a convinience

that has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard ...

MS Windows a convenience ... oh god, thanks for the laugh this morning ...
here's my 10 cents my 2 cents is free

El TiDY's World

#44 TheGoonSquad0208

TheGoonSquad0208

Game on!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (tidysteve @ September 6, 2005 - 10:51AM)
that has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard ...

MS Windows a convenience ... oh god, thanks for the laugh this morning ...

And downloading security patches and virus defitions every week is fun biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users