• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:09 PM

Our place uses Cadillac Coffee, good stuff. Located in Madison Hts also: http://www.cadillaccoffee.com

Edited by Rivalred, 11 October 2005 - 07:10 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#42 Hitokiri Gensai

Hitokiri Gensai

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:42 PM

I'll be in Troy next month, if I'm close by the area and it's open by then (I can't remember when your target date is...), I'll certainly try to check it out. ^_^x

#43 AOS

AOS

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Rivalred @ October 11, 2005 - 08:09PM)
Our place uses Cadillac Coffee, good stuff. Located in Madison Hts also: http://www.cadillaccoffee.com

Yep, I had a meeting with Cadillac Coffee yesterday, and they are going to set up my coffee bar for me.
"And somewhere at the bottom he fell into darkness. That much he knew. He had fallen into darkness. And at the instant he knew, he ceased to know".
Martin Eden, Jack London

Google talk SN: Dragoro@gmail.com

#44 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:44 AM

I assume you're going to be open year-round? It's very hard to find an ice cream parlor in Michigan open in January. I'm usually stuck going to National Coney Island and getting a hot fudge cream puff, but sometimes nothing beats a hand-dipped cone.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#45 AOS

AOS

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:50 PM

Yep, will be open year round.

As a side note to something I said in another reply, when I stated that I would make the burgers fresh in the morning. I meant that I would be portioning out the beef for the burgers. I wont be precooking them or anything.

Edited by AOS, 12 October 2005 - 06:35 PM.

"And somewhere at the bottom he fell into darkness. That much he knew. He had fallen into darkness. And at the instant he knew, he ceased to know".
Martin Eden, Jack London

#46 AOS

AOS

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:30 PM

As of thursday, my place is open. So far its just the ice cream parlor. The coffee will be added sometime next week. The kitchen will be open by the end of December.
Martin Eden, Jack London

#47 chefPMG

chefPMG

Rookie

• Gold Booster
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:17 PM

Best of luck to you AOS.

I'm in the business and know how hard it can be.

Wish you nothing but success and ringing tills!!! thumbup.gif

#48 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:53 PM

What brand of ice cream? It's important, you know! Coffee in yet? We'll need to stop by this weekend maybe.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#49 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:04 AM

Wow, it looks very nice. If I'm ever out that way, I will definitely drop in.

Best of luck to you with your business!

#50 AOS

AOS

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:44 PM

Two flavors of coffee in so far, made by Cafe Origins. Both my soft serve and hard serve is strohs.
Martin Eden, Jack London

#51 DaKineMaui

DaKineMaui

Alii Nui

• Gold Booster
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (AOS @ November 21, 2005 - 03:44PM)
Two flavors of coffee in so far, made by Cafe Origins. Both my soft serve and hard serve is strohs.

Stroh's (ice cream) rules. Their beer sucks.
Let me know if you need a line on real Kona coffee ever. The 100%, not the 10% mix.

#52 AOS

AOS

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:10 PM

Added new pics of my place fully finished and open for business (minus the kitchen, which will be awhile yet).

http://dragoro.blogspot.com/
Martin Eden, Jack London

#53 DaKineMaui

DaKineMaui

Alii Nui

• Gold Booster
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:59 PM

Menu looks good to me so far. Reasonable too (not that I'd know anymore). I see burgers and fries coming soon, where's the coneys?
aloha

P.S. The menu sign - always been curious - so does Coke give those for free?

#54 AOS

AOS

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, coke gives em for free to commercial accounts.

As for the Coneys, they are comin too, just not a whole lotta room on the board to list everything thats coming. Ill have a seperate menu for the kitchen stuff.
Martin Eden, Jack London

#55 lidstromfan5

lidstromfan5

The reason why God invented Speed Limits!

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:49 PM

I am curious. I dont know if your able to elaborate on how much a little place like that costs to run. Cause I have always wanted to start some kind of restaurant or bar. Something just small where you can hang out. Something like Cheers or the Peach Pit. HAHA Peach Pit.

I hate People who have a signature.

#56 DaKineMaui

DaKineMaui

Alii Nui

• Gold Booster
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (AOS @ December 2, 2005 - 04:23PM)
Yeah, coke gives em for free to commercial accounts.

As for the Coneys, they are comin too, just not a whole lotta room on the board to list everything thats coming. Ill have a seperate menu for the kitchen stuff.

Well OK then......I'll be back in town the end of next July and expect everything to be up and running. I'll be writing a review here upon return.

user posted image

user posted image

#57 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (DaKineMaui @ November 21, 2005 - 06:43PM)
Stroh's (ice cream) rules. Their beer sucks.
Let me know if you need a line on real Kona coffee ever. The 100%, not the 10% mix.

I love LION COFFEE!!!!
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users