• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Big Snake?

Rate this topic

Robin Big Snake, F, 21, 6-0, 219, 48-20-15-35-160, Owen Sound (OHL). Big Snake, a gritty, hard-nosed forward who enjoys dropping the gloves, put up career numbers last season in the OHL. Under contract with a United Hockey League team, Big Snake has earned team suspensions in the past for disciplinary issues.

...you got to kidding me? This guy must qualify for the ALL-TIME name team. I hope this guy makes it, I think it would be hilarious to see BIG SNAKE on the back of a Red Wing jersey. Sort of like 'HE HATE ME' laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I'm with you! He'd also sell them alot of jerseys. He has a shot at getting a contract -- spend some time seasoning at GR, maybe a couple call ups during the season and a good shot at being on the team next season. He is a very strong guy and has good fighting skills -- will end up being built like Marty McSorley about 6'1' 230. He can also play a reguler shift.

He's supposedly had alot of discipline problems, and has been suspended by his own teams on a few occasions...if all goes well and he matures, he could be a good signing. But if he keeps the same attitude, he could be a locker room cancer in Grand Rapids this season.

He's an interesting player. He could score, but there were few players in the OHL who could handle him. It will be interesting to see how he does against men. And yes, he was kicked off multiple teams. No team in the WHL wanted him last season, so he landed in the OHL. He's got off-ice problems. Do you want that in your locker room?

The UHL is a good place for him to start his professional hockey career.

Big Snake certainly is an intriguing prospect.

We need grit, toughness and guys who will drop the gloves more than Paris Hilton needs acting lessons, but we will have to wait and see if Big Snake will be the guy who will fill that role for us.

He's only 6 foot tall, and 219 lbs. so he isn't the biggest guy in the world. He has had success in the juniors, but I would think that a big part of that would have to do with his massive size advantage. I doubt that he will have the same effectivness against full-grown men. Hopefully he is still growing a bit, and will continue to get tougher.

Apart from his toughness and willingness to fight, do we even know anything about his actual ability to play hockey? Can he skate? Can he score?

We need grit, toughness and guys who will drop the gloves more than Paris Hilton needs acting lessons

Doesn't really work out. Hows about He drops his gloves more than Paris drops her pants? Or We need grit more than Paris needs acting lessons?

I hope Big Snake works out, he's already a fan favorite and hasn't even played a game for us.

I'm not sure if he can skate well or not, but he had 20 goals and 15 assists in 48 games last season in the OHL..not bad for a tough guy. He's exactly what the Wings and Griffins need, hopefully he grows an inch or 2 and rounds out to be 6'1 225..but lets also just hope that his discipline problems don't carry over to the pros, and that they don't effect the locker room in Grand Rapids.

Edited by WingMan56

I would think (hope) that his disciplinary problems would work themselves out as he gets older and as he goes from the juniors into the AHL and possibly in the future, the NHL. As he gets into the bigger leagues, I think that the coaches and the organisation will be a lot stricter with him, and wont let him get away with too much sh*t.

I don't know about the number but this would be a big seller. tongue.gif

peace

up the number by ten and those jerseys would sell faster than they could be made ph34r.gif

rotflmao.gif

That is so unbelievably fitting. Right up there with Tootoo wearing #22 (if it ever happens) and Satan suiting up with Jersey. tongue.gif

peace

Big Snake was on the Vancouver Giants a few years back when i had season tickets. He was a crowd favorite and definatley fun when he fought. He would take his helmet off and skate to center ice so everyone could see his fights.

he was traded though. Rumor was there were some problems with him and they didn't want to deal with him anymore. I'll ask my friend who was a huge bigsnake fan and see if i can get any more info.

I don't know about the number but this would be a big seller. tongue.gif

peace

up the number by ten and those jerseys would sell faster than they could be made ph34r.gif

rotflmao.gif

That is so unbelievably fitting. Right up there with Tootoo wearing #22 (if it ever happens) and Satan suiting up with Jersey. tongue.gif

peace

I don't know if it's able to be done under NHL rules, but I would love to see Satan play for New Jersey wearing the number 666.

I had never thought about Tootoo wearing #22 though. That's a good one.

Guest Honus Joglund

I saw Big Snake numerous times in Owen Sound last year. He was also a big fan favourite up here. Infact, even though he was in OS for less than a season, they even had a 'Big Snake night' in which they sold toy snakes.

He's surprisingly skilled, alot more than I expected. One instance in particular I remember, he was given a penalty shot for whatever reason, and instead of shooting like I assumed a fighter would do, he deked the goalie out pretty good. He kind of skated down the ice slightly (maybe 5 feet from the middle) to the right so he was on his off wing and pulled the puck accross his body and past the goalie on his forehand. He showed good hands, being able to keep the puck while going to his forehand quickly. He skated on the top two lines in OS and really didn't look too out of place with guys like Bobby Ryan, Brad Richardson and Stefan Ruzicka. I also remember hearing somewhere that he all but made the Hartford Wolfpack but was bumped from the line-up because the amount of guys in the AHL due to the lock-out, so he came back and played his over-age year in the junior.

He was suspended by the Attack twice for not following team rules, the second time he was even sent back home to Alberta for about a week. There were rumours that the second suspension was because he was out too late one night at a party and missed curfew, not sure if that's legit or not. But there were rumblings that he didn't like to be ordered around too much.

He was very friendly with the fans, however. In the Attack's building, they go out onto the ice directly where the fans walk, the area needs to be roped off so no one gets in the way. Kids always go and crowd the ropes to high-five the players going on and off the ice and one thing I remembered was that Big Snake made sure to high-five ever single kid that lined up, he would wait till he got every one of them.

I'm loving this guy already!

I just read this report of the Wings first game of the prospect camp:

"The Red Wings won their first game of prospect camp against the Minnesota Wild with an exciting 4-1 victory.

It was a hard-hitting game with one fight in the third period between Detroit’s tryout, Robin Big Snake, and Minnesota’s 2005 draft pick, Riley Emmerson."

He can't even play ONE game without getting into a fight! Holland, get this kid signed up N-O-W!!!

I'm loving this guy already!

I just read this report of the Wings first game of the prospect camp:

"The Red Wings won their first game of prospect camp against the Minnesota Wild with an exciting 4-1 victory.

It was a hard-hitting game with one fight in the third period between Detroit’s tryout, Robin Big Snake, and Minnesota’s 2005 draft pick, Riley Emmerson."

He can't even play ONE game without getting into a fight! Holland, get this kid signed up N-O-W!!!

That's not even the half of it.

user posted image

That guy laying on the ice is 6'8" 230+lbs. Big Snake is 6' and shy of 220lbs.

peace

That guy laying on the ice is 6'8" 230+lbs. Big Snake is 6' and shy of 220lbs.

peace

I was laughing at that picture earlier today, and heard it was a draw, but certainly doesn't look like it. Even if it was, it's impressive. 8 inches is a huge reach to give up.

This just keeps getting better and better.

Not only is he a fighter, but he's taking down guys who have 8 inches and over 10 pounds on him? Let's get his ass into a Wings jersey as soon as possible.

How old is he?

He is only 21, and going with that picture of the fight it looks far from a draw to me, the other guy is face down in the ice.

The wings lost 5-4 to atlanta last night and Big Snake had another fight. Redwings central doesn't have the game recap up yet.

Edited by Hatcher#2