• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Big Snake?

Rate this topic

From what I heard, the two guys landed on the ice together. They got Big Snake untangled first, and at the time the pic was taken I'd guess Big Snake popped up first and Emmerson shortly afterward.

Considering he fought a guy 8 inches taller than him, and did it to stop incessant goading, I am very encouraged by this. Big Snake and Herring seem to be the two hired guns for camp/exhibition season, but Big Snake I think might actually have a shot at a contract. He has the willingness, and even skated on the first line some according to Lindy's box score. We need Big Snake to pop in a few goals and really prove he is more than a fighter.

In my mind, Big Snake has 2 fights, but Herring has 1 goal. That would give the initial edge to Herring, but Big Snake was skating on that first line for a reason. Either to protect, or because he showed enough speed to keep up with the 1st liners and also give them a little breathing room.

How would Big Snake be compared to McCarty in skills?

Because I have a feeling he might be his replacement

Maybe after 2 years in the AHL....

Redwingscentral.com's report of the game says Big Snake was given chances to show his skills other than fighting, but failed to impress. So hopefully he gets on the scoresheet or picks it up in the last couple games.

Edited by WingMan56

I hope Big Snake can get some points, because he won't get a contract by beating it out of somebody. Jorgensen sounds pretty good, as does Himelfarb.

I know we know about him, but Filppula sure has been impressive. I think we have a special talent on our hands...

I know we know about him, but Filppula sure has been impressive. I think we have a special talent on our hands...

From what I've read, he didn't do too well in the first game, but obviously in the second he looked alot better. McGrath seems to be doing well too.

I hope Big Snake can get some points, because he won't get a contract by beating it out of somebody. Jorgensen sounds pretty good, as does Himelfarb.

My only problem with Jorgenson is that he is only 5'10 at best -- a gamer though.

Big Snake may be a Kris King type player which is always nice to have. He looks like he could get alot bigger too. Sign him and let him develop for a season in a half with a few call ups...

Thanks for the links.

'Filppula has worked hard to improve his strength and  if he stays in Finland next season  could put up some huge numbers in 2005-06'. So beacuse of the new CBA, we had to sign him or lose him? Therefore he's playing in GR. Is that correct?

Thanks for the links.

'Filppula has worked hard to improve his strength and  if he stays in Finland next season  could put up some huge numbers in 2005-06'. So beacuse of the new CBA, we had to sign him or lose him? Therefore he's playing in GR. Is that correct?

We didn't have to sign him to keep from losing him, no. I believe pre-CBA European draftees were given a 4 year buffer (those drafted in '05 need to be signed in 2 years like everyone else). Management just felt he was ready to come to the AHL after his stepping up in the playoffs.

peace

We didn't have to sign him to keep from losing him, no. I believe pre-CBA European draftees were given a 4 year buffer (those drafted in '05 need to be signed in 2 years like everyone else). Management just felt he was ready to come to the AHL after his stepping up in the playoffs.

peace

Ah no problems thanks.

Although a young enforcer is really kinda something this team needs, I'm not a big fan of Big Snake; as I said before, I've seen him play. Seems like a bit of a punk to me; face washing and shoving opposing players after the whistle. He was in the penalty box more than once when I saw him, and it wasn't just for fighting. Big Snake is a player noted for off-ice problems, and unless he shows he can compete with at least the rest of the NHL's prospects, I really don't want him on this team.

Although a young enforcer is really kinda something this team needs, I'm not a big fan of Big Snake; as I said before, I've seen him play. Seems like a bit of a punk to me; face washing and shoving opposing players after the whistle. He was in the penalty box more than once when I saw him, and it wasn't just for fighting. Big Snake is a player noted for off-ice problems, and unless he shows he can compete with at least the rest of the NHL's prospects, I really don't want him on this team.

While I haven't actually seen him play, he's well worth the risk IMO. Hopefully his off-ice problems can be cured with age and veteran leadership. A punk is just what we need to develope, Maltby won't be around forever. But keep in mind I would like Avery back, which will explain this and probably make people angry.

While I haven't actually seen him play, he's well worth the risk IMO. Hopefully his off-ice problems can be cured with age and veteran leadership. A punk is just what we need to develope, Maltby won't be around forever. But keep in mind I would like Avery back, which will explain this and probably make people angry.

Well, I'm not too keen on this Big Snake, but if he is at least able to keep up with the big boys, he deserves a shot. Otherwise, I'm thinking the Wings look elsewhere; although we do need an enforcer, he's got to have at least some skill to play for Detroit. Yes, I feel that off-ice problems can be corrected at such a young age, but I'm still a little cautious about his attitude.

Well, for what it's worth, I liked Avery and I wasn't too happy when he was traded away. At times he was a bit of a punk, but he had some real energy that the Wings could've have used in past post-seasons. I do, however, enjoy having Schneider on the team, so the trade was not too much of a blow I felt. Even still, I felt somebody else could've accompanied Kuznetsov to LA.

I haven't been really impressed with Big Snake so far. The one fight against Emmerson was interesting, but I would like to see him on the scoresheet for something other then penalties. Jorgensen has really impressed with a pair of goals in the first two games and a fight. Anybody ever see him play or know much about him. I think Detroit should also take a good look at Patrick Jarrett. It seems he has done alright so far also. His cousin Blair might not be to bad either, 6'3", he has a goal in the goal in his only game so far. Herring has contributed with a goal as well. Keller assisted in the second game. So far Big Snake and Ullrich, oly played one game, are the only ones of the tryouts who haven't seen a point so far. It really seems that Detroit has brought in some good prospect tryouts this year. We might see more then one or two get signed this season.

I saw the game against Minnesota, he killed Emmerson. Emmerson asked him to go, Big Snake accepted and away they went. The crowd went nuts and everytime he was on the ice there was a buzz in the air

Big Snake scored his first goal of the tournament against Tampa Bay. Both Jarrett cousins assisted on the play. Jorgensen had the other goal for Detroit in a 3-2 loss to TB. This definitely will help Big Snake get some consideration since has now shown he can put numbers on the scoresheet. I still think Jorgensen needs to be signed, especially now, a goal in all three games. Patrick Jarrett has 3 assists so far, which would make me consider signing him, along with his cousin Blair ( 1G, 1A in 2 games). The only other player may be Herring to consider. These five guys I think deserve at a shot in the main training camp. Ullrich and Keller, unless they have a great game against Columbus, should be dropped prior to the main training camp.

I saw the game against Minnesota, he killed Emmerson. Emmerson asked him to go, Big Snake accepted and away they went. The crowd went nuts and everytime he was on the ice there was a buzz in the air

Thanks B52, do you have any news on his second fight and can you give me your opinion on Big Snake as a player i.e Skating, Hitting and does he play with an edge.

Hatch,

I was just there on Wednesday, but he had 2 great scoring chances and played very aggresively. He was out there hitting and talking smack to every Wild player. Whenever a Wild player came near a prospect, Big Snake was there in his face. There was a buzz whnever he was out on the ice. I would be surprised if he didn't stick around in GR at least. He'll be an exciting player. His skating is good, he has some good puckhndling skills, but his best assets are his fearlessness, and willingness to drive to the net.

Hatch,

I was just there on Wednesday, but he had 2 great scoring chances and played very aggresively. He was out there hitting and talking smack to every Wild player. Whenever a Wild player came near a prospect, Big Snake was there in his face. There was a buzz whnever he was out on the ice. I would be surprised if he didn't stick around in GR at least. He'll be an exciting player. His skating is good, he has some good puckhndling skills, but his best assets are his fearlessness, and willingness to drive to the net.

Barnesy! Any thoughts on Herring, Quincey or Kindl?