• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Big Snake?

Rate this topic

He was just on the local news... seems like a friendly enough guy. Didn't say too much on him, other than that everyone at camp was asking him about his name. tongue.gif

Shanny joked about getting on the coaches good side and stuff, "Good morning, what's that supposed to mean? There's got to be another meaning to that!" I don't wanna take it for anything other than face value--and kind of a joke--but hopefully he is taking Babcock more seriously than Lewis.

I noticed Keller had another goal today for Team C, 2 goals and an assist in the only two games that Team C is going to play is pretty good for a prospect tryout in the maining training camp. I am wondering if guys like Big Snake, Jorgensen, and the Jarretts might already be getting contracts since they were on the fourth lines of their respective teams, with either each other or other Detroit prospects. Keller was the only tryout that was in the prospect camp to play on the 3rd line.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm really hoping that we get Big Snake signed.  It would be nice if he was 6'5" and 240lbs. but he isn't, so we will have to take what we can get.  He may be undersized, but he's willing to take on anyone who is asking for it, and he has shown that he can fight well above his weight.

I think we will get him signed up, and hopefully we can sign up a few of these other guys who are showing something in camp.

Also, it's good to see that he put "Robin" into the name of his web site.  If he called his site www.bigsnake.com it could have sounded like a completely different sort of site.

Agreed, The thing is aswell though that he is only 21 so if the Wings do sign him and let him develop in Grand Rapids then he could end up weighing in at around 225 to 230 pounds and that extra weight could really help him out.

Yeah, I have no doubt that he will continue to develop and get bigger.

I'm only 21 as well, and I'm nowhere near at my maximum possible size. I'm 6'5" and about 195lbs. but I think I still have plenty of room to add muscle, which is why I'm still working out and lifting weights.

So even though Big Snake is a bit shorter than me, at 220lbs. he still has some more filling out to do, but probably not as much as someone who is 5 inches taller and 25lbs. lighter (like me).

I'm thinking that he will probably end up at about 230lbs. or maybe 240lbs. at the most.

Wow you are 6'5 do you you fancy lacing them up for the Wings, can you drop the gloves haha tongue.gif . All kidding aside i find it alot harder to knock a guy off the puck who is 6'0 230 than a guy who is 6'5 230 just for the fact that a smaller guy has a lower centre of gravity and is more solid and stocky than the biggar guy.

lol

Man, if Holland called me up I'd be on my way to the airport before I even got off the phone.

As for the other part of your post, I agree that it is harder to knock a short and heavy guy off the puck than a taller guy of the same weight. I've just started my ice hockey career by training with the senior team and a bunch of other young guys at the local rink, and I have found that even though I am a bit heavier than some of the shorter guys, I seem to get knock off balance more than they do. That is why I'm working really hard on my legs, to try and bulk them up so that I can stay on my skates more and spend less time on my ass.

I can see Big Snake getting a contract to play with GR... however, possibly making it to the wings' in the future is something that i cant really see

I can, he seems to be a late bloomer, he can score some goals, continue to play rough he'll be fine. How many small, scrawny euro players can you have?

I noticed Keller had another goal today for Team C, 2 goals and an assist in the only two games that Team C is going to play is pretty good for a prospect tryout in the maining training camp. I am wondering if guys like Big Snake, Jorgensen, and the Jarretts might already be getting contracts since they were on the fourth lines of their respective teams, with either each other or other Detroit prospects. Keller was the only tryout that was in the prospect camp to play on the 3rd line.

Theres no way they're signing 4 junior free agent invites. They'll probably sign Big Snake, and MAYBE one other..

I had the pleasure of meeting him yesterday...he's a really sweet, polite and friendly kid...I wish him well at Griffins' camp...I hope he makes it.

I was surprised to see that he got cut from camp, but I guess it makes sense in a way.

No one really thought he was ready to play with the Wings just yet, so it would make more sense for him to sign with the Griffins than to sign with the Wings and end up in Grand Rapids anyway.

Hey guys

I am a HUGE Robin Big Snake fan and talk to him and from what I heard, he did get signed with them at least that is what he told me the other day. Also ran into Scotty Bowman but did'nt elborate too much on that though.

However this was a few days ago so things might have changed.

However when Robin was here in Owen Sound, he did have a fairly impressive record and definately proved what he could do on the ice is more then fight and could put the puck in the back of the net.

Robin needs a good team to make him truly effective and he proved his worth on the line with Bobby Ryan. One of the things about Robin is that once he is motivated and finds his groove, you can guranteed he'll be on the sheet at least once. He's gotten a few hatricks namely against Oshawa last year and at least one here in Owen Sound,maybe against Plymouth or Sagainaw.

Robin proves that he can skate and push down the ice when he chases the puck and does what he can to set up plays and almost always gets good oppourtunities.

The discipline problems are there, but when it comes down to it, he'll do what is neccessary when it comes to hockey.

On the personal side, he's extremely friendly and has been known to joke around with me tongue.gif

He's definately willing to be with the fans and do fan service.

He told me one night to get blood on my Big Snake jersey smile.gif

Even picked up a nickname from the Attack broadcast crew as Mike Big Snake,hence my nickname Moniker.

I think he'll make a good addition to your team,if he's given the chance and will do the best he can and c'mon,who can resist a name like "Big Snake"

practically has Marketing all over it smile.gif

We had Attack scarves and little Attack jersey's with his name and even a photo bobblehead smile.gif

Look for me in the stands, Big guy with a Big Snake jersey in section X smile.gif

Hey guys

I am a HUGE Robin Big Snake fan and talk to him and from what I heard, he did get signed with them at least that is what he told me the other day. Also ran into Scotty Bowman but did'nt elborate too much on that though.

However this was a few days ago so things might have changed.

However when Robin was here in Owen Sound, he did have a fairly impressive record and definately proved what he could do on the ice is more then fight and could put the puck in the back of the net.

Robin needs a good team to make him truly effective and he proved his worth on the line with Bobby Ryan. One of the things about Robin is that once he is motivated and finds his groove, you can guranteed he'll be on the sheet at least once. He's gotten a few hatricks namely against Oshawa last year and at least one here in Owen Sound,maybe against Plymouth or Sagainaw.

Robin proves that he can skate and push down the ice when he chases the puck and does what he can to set up plays and almost always gets good oppourtunities.

The discipline problems are there, but when it comes down to it, he'll do what is neccessary when it comes to hockey.

On the personal side, he's extremely friendly and has been known to joke around with me tongue.gif

He's definately willing to be with the fans and do fan service.

He told me one night to get blood on my Big Snake jersey smile.gif

Even picked up a nickname from the Attack broadcast crew as Mike Big Snake,hence my nickname Moniker.

I think he'll make a good addition to your team,if he's given the chance and will do the best he can and c'mon,who can resist a name like "Big Snake"

practically has Marketing all over it smile.gif

We had Attack scarves and little Attack jersey's with his name and even a photo bobblehead smile.gif

Look for me in the stands, Big guy with a Big Snake jersey in section X smile.gif

Hey Mike BigSnake welcome to the boards, did he say he had signed with the Wings or the Griffins?

He said the Wings

However,I'm not gonna swear to that because it was a few days ago cause my memory is kinda murky sad.gif

Thanks for the welcome smile.gif

Joined mostly so I can join the thread on My favorite Hockey player and fellow Native smile.gif

I certainly hope he becomes a Wing and I'll have the first Big Snake Wings Jersey here in OS.

Robin told me to wear it to all the games here in Owen Sound.

it's a shame that Robin did'nt have one more year in him in the OHL

He was released by the Wings from his tryout..he wasn't signed.

Which is sad, becuase he is very much needed by this organization. GR is far to knee deep in wasted prospects and AHL leftovers. Holland should have had the balls to nab some of the great young AHL talent avaible during the first couple weeks of free agency.

I am liking him...we need him so badly. Even if he doesn't even play one game up with the Wings, he would make a huge impact in GR. A must have! thumbup.gif

You have to be kidding. The Wings NEED Robin Big Snake...? No thanks.

Heard he had a nice tilt with Charpentier the other day. I'd like GR to keep him -- he has upside and could be a nice find if he develops. He reminds me a bit of Randy McKay, who was never drafted and after a couple years in the minors became an NHL reguler and a very good fighter...

Which is sad, becuase he is very much needed by this organization. GR is far to knee deep in wasted prospects and AHL leftovers. Holland should have had the balls to nab some of the great young AHL talent avaible during the first couple weeks of free agency.

Wasted prospects and AHL leftovers?? Maclean won the AHL scoring race 2 or 3 years ago and puts up huge numbers every year, Bryan Helmer has NHL experience and is a great vet for the young prospects. Eric manlow has NHL experience. He led the Griffins in goal scoring last year, and would have led them in points but had an injury and missed 10-15 games. Filppula, Hudler, Bootland, Ellis, and now Hackert are all great prospects and will put up numbers in the AHL this year. Jimmy Howard and Joey MacDonald are both high level goalie prospects. I dont see how it's knee deep in wasted prospects and AHL left overs.

Edited by WingMan56