• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadarules

Rumor: KOVALCHUK TO VANCOUVER?!

Rate this topic

You know what? This site should really create a Trade Rumor forum. Oh wait.... they do have one...

This ain't gonna happen.

On a side note tho, I hope it doesn't, I just got my Kovy Jersey in the mail yesterday.

To go along with this rumor, Spector's reported that ESPN & ESPNews both reported that the Blues and Rangers contacted Atlanta about Kovy. They report it would be a three-team deal involving the Devils. I can see the Devils involved trying to dump some of their players to get below the salary cap. But frankly, I see Kovy as Atlanta's Franchise Player, and don't see him leaving.

This is a rediculous trade for Atlanta.

Kovalchuk is an elite player in this league, and he's still young. He and Hossa will be an awesome duo who along with guys like Holik and Lehtonen could help to lift the Thrashers into contention this season.

The Sedin Sisters aren't worth anything near what Kovalchuk is. I'm loving the Kovalchuk/Hossa/Lehtonen trio. If they stick together they will be an awesome nucleus for the future of hockey in Atlanta. So if the Thrashers are going to break up that trio and trade one or more elsewhere, I certainly hope that it is to the Wings.

Still a very, very good player though.

But in the Heatley deal, they traded a player who has mental issues away for a BETTER player who DOESN'T and has proven playoff production, as well as a solid top-four defenseman.

The only downside was Hossa cost far more, but they had nearly 20mil left under the cap and only Kovalchuk as a significant player left missing to sign (figure him at around 5-6), so that's a non-factor. Atlanta picks up a couple more of the remaining top players, and they could be a serious contender.

As for trading Kovalchuk for the Sedins?

Why???

Kovalchuk alone is better in every way than both combined.

Kovalchuk produces more goals and points than they do, is as good defensively and phsycially, and is ONLY ONE PLAYER. And he's FAR faster.

Oh, and he's the best player in the NHL.

This is a rediculous trade for Atlanta.

Kovalchuk is an elite player in this league, and he's still young. He and Hossa will be an awesome duo who along with guys like Holik and Lehtonen could help to lift the Thrashers into contention this season.

The Sedin Sisters aren't worth anything near what Kovalchuk is. I'm loving the Kovalchuk/Hossa/Lehtonen trio. If they stick together they will be an awesome nucleus for the future of hockey in Atlanta. So if the Thrashers are going to break up that trio and trade one or more elsewhere, I certainly hope that it is to the Wings.

Yes...far more likely than Kovalchuk for the Sedins:

Kovalchuk for Datsyuk and Delmore

Provides for a pretty strong first line of Kozlov/Datsyuk/Hossa.

Two EXCELLENT clutch wingers and a dynamic center who would work really well with them, plus a talented offensive defenseman who has approached 40 points multiple times on offensively inept Nashville.

Imagine what he'd do as the top PP QB with a Atlanta team that actually had some scoring punch?