• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CamNeely08

Datsyuk Rumor

Rate this topic

I have an aquaintance who is a scout for Sports Agent J.P. Barry, he tells me that there is a trade offer on the table from Beantown giving up Sergei Samsonov and rookie Mark Stuart. On a scale of 1 to 10 he gave me a 6.5 that it would happen.

That would be awesome. Mark Stuart is what we may need. He's gritty with a decent size, and Samsonov's play is fairly equal to Datsyuk's. I'd be willing.

Would be nice to have stuart... but we'd be VERY D-heavy. We'd have to trade some D away for another forward. tongue.gif

Why would they trade one of their D's he would be playing for Grand Rapids.

Why would Boston need another center? They have Thornton, Zhamnov, Bergeron, Scatchard, Green, Boyes, Hilbert....

No sense from their point of view.

I'd take it from a heartbeat if they could add Hilbert also there. He is one of my favourite. thumbup.gif

Edited by Henkka

Why would Boston need another center? They have Thornton, Zhamnov, Bergeron, Scatchard, Green, Boyes, Hilbert....

No sense from their point of view.

I'd take it from a heartbeat if they could add Hilbert also there. He is one of my favourite. thumbup.gif

Centers can play wing -- could Boston use another forward?

Regardless, I think Samsonov is overrated... at least this rumor has some substance compared to those hilarious ones coming out of Toronto...

I have an aquaintance who is a scout for Sports Agent J.P. Barry, he tells me that there is a trade offer on the table from Beantown giving up Sergei Samsonov and rookie Mark Stuart.  On a scale of 1 to 10 he gave me a 6.5 that it would happen.

I'd do that trade in 2 seconds....the 2 seconds would come from my mouth drolling and not being able to get the word "Yes, Done!" out. That's too good to be true. The only issue I see with it is Samsonov's UFA status next season, the Wings would need some assurances he wouldn't bolt.

Edited by Barnes52

Centers can play wing -

Yes, but it don't work if you have 12 centers. You need good natural wingers also. Boston has already Bergeron in the wing, and this makes no sense to give another natural winger to Datsyuk.

Edited by Henkka

I dunno, I think I'de pull the trigger if the opportunity presented its self. We are gonna need good D-men coming up, because Lidstrom is 35, Schnieder is 36, and Chelios is 913. Kronwall, Stuart, and Fischer would be a somewhat solid pairing, and If Kindl turns out to not suck ass, we'de be in great shape in 3-4 years.

Centers can play wing -

Yes, but it don't work if you have 12 centers. You need good natural wingers also. Boston has already Bergeron in the wing, and this makes no sense to give another natural winger to Datsyuk.

Green plays the wing effectively-he does just as well there as in the middle.

Scatchard also can play the wing well. Zhamnov has played the wing well also.

Samsonov is also a natural center.

Datsyuk would not be a great candidate for the job as he is a smaller guy and would probably end up with similar injury issues to Samsonov.

I'd like to see us trade Dats with a pick to the Isles for Mark Parrish (holding out) and another player maybe Eric Godard or Mattias Weinhandl... and then sign Hank to a decent deal.

This maybe doable.... it is Milbury afterall...

We're likely going to need to trade him for another hold out to get full value... why would a team trade a player under contract for an ass who won't sign with his current club... especially when the player wants money he's not earned to this point in his career.

I'd like to see us trade Dats with a pick to the Isles for Mark Parrish (holding out) and another player maybe Eric Godard or Mattias Weinhandl... and then sign Hank to a decent deal.

We're likely going to need to trade him for another hold out to get full value... why would a team trade a player under contract for an ass who won't sign with his current club... especially when the player wants money he's not earned to this point in his career.

If you want to trade with Islanders, you MUST pick-up Hunter.

If you want to trade with Penguins, you MUST pick-up Malone.

We're likely going to need to trade him for another hold out to get full value...  why would a team trade a player under contract for an ass who won't sign with his current club... especially when the player wants money he's not earned to this point in his career.

If you want to trade with Islanders, you MUST pick-up Hunter.

If you want to trade with Penguins, you MUST pick-up Malone.

Hunter would be a fine pickup... IMO