• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
golfpar57

Potential of a Red Wing

Rate this topic

A lot of people think he's the next St.Louis, but he's not nearly as fast and has a bad work ethic. Usually tiny guys can fly, which helps them in tight NA rinks, but he's slow and right around 5'7. If he gets his s**t togethor and comes to play every night, he could very well anchor a second line winger spot. I know he's a center, but I think he'll have better luck on the wing. Seems like another problem just waiting to happen, with an attitude just like Sergei's.

He's got more moves than Ex Lax but like Todd says -- not fast and is still immature. He can pass well and has a nice high wrist shot. I'm not sure if he will make it -- reminds me of Dennis Holland (Ken's little brother) who led the Western Hockey League in scoring but had no wheels and ended with a short career in the minors.

He has the potential to be as good as Datsyuk has been up to this point. Pavel isn't the fastest guy in the world either, plus speed and jump is something that can be worked on a bit with the proper dedication. He's still very young. He'll mature. Hopefully...

peace

He has the potential to be as good as Datsyuk has been up to this point. Pavel isn't the fastest guy in the world either, plus speed and jump is something that can be worked on a bit with the proper dedication. He's still very young. He'll mature. Hopefully...

You know, I never thought Datsyuk was that fast, but then he was in the all-star games fastest skater comp. How does that happen? He actually did pretty good, seeming how he screwed up at the start.

You know, I never thought Datsyuk was that fast, but then he was in the all-star games fastest skater comp. How does that happen? He actually did pretty good, seeming how he screwed up at the start.

A competition Bill Guerin won a few years ago and Ed Jovanovski has competed in. It's all a matter of timing and being able to power through those corners. In game speed is a much better indicator of things. He's shifty and has ok speed but he's not a blazer like Fedorov.

peace

A competition Bill Guerin won a few years ago and Ed Jovanovski has competed in. It's all a matter of timing and being able to power through those corners. In game speed is a much better indicator of things. He's shifty and has ok speed but he's not a blazer like Fedorov.

lol, thanks for putting it into perspective for me. Yeah, Jovanovski and Guerin? Who picks the players for these damn things?

I think his performance is entirely dependant on his linemates. His average speed & small side dictates a need for strong, big or fast linemates to open up room for his skills to shine.

average speed, small size, great vision and puck skills reminds me of someone else whose initial NHL projection was far bleaker than Hudler's.

You talking Gretzky?

I hope not.

Who?

there ya go.

Not saying Hudler is gonna be nearly as good, but you understand the point?

They were calling Gretzky "The Great One" when he was 13.

He had massive expectations on him when he entered the NHL.

And as you pointed out, Hudler is no Gretzky.

You talking Gretzky?

I hope not.

Who?

there ya go.

Not saying Hudler is gonna be nearly as good, but you understand the point?

They were calling Gretzky "The Great One" when he was 13.

He had massive expectations on him when he entered the NHL.

And as you pointed out, Hudler is no Gretzky.

That's right. And what I'm saying!

I think his performance is entirely dependant on his linemates. His average speed & small side dictates a need for strong, big or fast linemates to open up room for his skills to shine.

I agree with this 100%.

Hudler has a huge amount of talent and is a great playmaker, but he is small and he isn't as quick as you would like to see in someone that little.

Hopefully these new rules will help to open up the ice for him and will mean that he wont cop as much physical punishment, which will make him more effective. However, unless the NHL takes physical contact out of the game entirely (obviously not going to happen), then he will need someone with some decent size out there with him to back him up and make opponents think twice about taking a shot at him.

If we send Hudler out there with Datsyuk and Zetterberg (as an example; wouldn't happen in real life), then Hudler would get the crap beaten out of him. If we sent him out with a McCarty and a Bertuzzi (once again, example only), then Hudler would still get hit a bit, but nowhere near as much, and he would be a pretty effective player.