• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Campbell

Scott Gomez

Rate this topic

Would NJ make him available? We all know NJ has to swing a deal soon, because they're well and truly over the cap.

I think Gomez would look great in a Wings jumper, and he's still only 25. What do you think we'd have to give up for him?

Or am I just dreaming? wacko.gif

I think there's a slight possibility Gomez could be moved, he's been rumored to leave NJ before. One reason is that he's not happy playing the trap. Looks like the biggest issue could have been Pat Burns though, and from what I've heard he's out of the picture now. The latest however is that Lamoriello might not be looking to dump any impact players right now since Elias will be out recovering from Hepatitis. His salary will not count against the cap if placed on the injury reserve list. Elias is signed at $4.18 M.

I think there's a slight possibility Gomez could be moved, he's been rumored to leave NJ before. One reason is that he's not happy playing the trap. Looks like the biggest issue could have been Pat Burns though, and from what I've heard he's out of the picture now. The latest however is that Lamoriello might not be looking to dump any impact players right now since Elias will be out recovering from Hepatitis. His salary will not count against the cap if placed on the injury reserve list. Elias is signed at $4.18 M.

Elias is expected to recover this season, though.

So Lou needs to find the room at some point.

I doubt he trades Gomez, but he's the guy I would most want from their forwards because of his youth and skill.

I see it being three of Friesen/Kozlov/Langenbrunner/Matvichuk. Those are the guys who are making a significant amount but are not significant key pieces of the team. Langenbrunner probably is the least likely to go, as he makes the least of the forwards and Elias is out for at least the beginning of the year.

Elias is expected to recover this season, though.

So Lou needs to find the room at some point.

I doubt he trades Gomez, but he's the guy I would most want from their forwards because of his youth and skill.

I see it being three of Friesen/Kozlov/Langenbrunner/Matvichuk. Those are the guys who are making a significant amount but are not significant key pieces of the team. Langenbrunner probably is the least likely to go, as he makes the least of the forwards and Elias is out for at least the beginning of the year.

At some point yes, but not immediately. Lamoriello expects Elias to be out for quite some time. This meaning Lamoriello can take his time listening at offers.

Gomez is not likely, but still possible. Which was my point.

Friesen/Kozlov/Langenbrunner is reasonable. Matvichuk I'm not so sure about. There's also been rumors of White being on the block, but he's too valuable to trade in my opinion. Langebrunner is the cheapest but also the one with most trade value, which is why he could be moved.

Edited by RyanBarnes!

At some point yes, but not immediately. Lamoriello expects Elias to be out for quite some time. This meaning Lamoriello can take his time listening at offers.

Most of the crap I've been reading has him out until mid-november. Plus if Mogilny's plastic hip faulters, he will spend significant time on IR.

The latest rumor is:

Jeff Friesen Re-signed RFA (New Jersey) $2.28 million

Viktor Kozlov Re-signed RFA (New Jersey) $1.746 million

Sergei Brylin $1.52 million

Which comes to a total of $5.546 million and the Devils are about $5.5 million over the cap...so that means they can't trade for players unless they are in the minors...So that could mean draft picks...which we could afford...IMO...

Gomez will not be moved. Lou is a huge fan of him.

Don't forget that part of the cap trouble is due to Mogilny's contract (it was the one that actually put them over)

Mogilny played very well with Gomez previously and the two have been on a line together this year and appear to still have 'it'

Don't forget that part of the cap trouble is due to Mogilny's contract (it was the one that actually put them over)

Mogilny played very well with Gomez previously and the two have been on a line together this year and appear to still have 'it'

still not gonna happen.

still not gonna happen.

I was agreeing with you...

still not gonna happen.

I was agreeing with you...

im still just sayin.....

I doubt it would happen because of his age, teams are all looking like they want the young guys.I also doubt the wings could afford him without moving a couple players few people want moved (I don't know what his salary is, but I doubt it's under a million)