• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Polish Website: Leafs Sign Czerkawski

Rate this topic

A Polish NHL website is reporting that the Leafs have signed winger Mariusz Czerkawski.

If you can read Polish, here's the link: http://www.nhl.com.pl/

The Toronto Star reported in this morning's paper that the two sides were close to a 1-year, $500k contract.

Toronto Star Article

Sources say that Maple Leafs GM John Ferguson has had ongoing discussions with Czerkawski's agent, Neil Abbott, on a one-year deal worth about $500,000 (all figures U.S.).

He is a Mogilny replacement- a very wattered down version of Mogilny- but all the same I am fine with this signing.

He isn't much of a Toronto-calibre player- here we like hard-working guys who give it all night in, night out. But so far this pre-season I've seen glimpses of his skill and I am very excited. I think he is well capable of the 50, 55 pt marks he acheived on the Island- he'll be with at least one or two of the following:

Jeff O'Neill

Mats Sundin

Eric Lindros

Darcy Tucker

Alex Steen

Matt Stajan

I think he's a player who needs to be around other good players to succeed- I think he'll be given that opportunity up on the top two lines.

And taking into consideration the considerably low price- I see nothing wrong with this.