• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaolla

Rumor: Steve Thomas signs with Wings

Rate this topic

IF THIS IS TRUE, I WILL, I WILL...

I don't know what I'll do, but I wont be happy to say the least thumbdown.gif

After the dozens of posts I've made regarding the fact that we should not persue old has-beens and focus on youth, we may sign Thomas. It doesn't make sense. I would rather Grigorenko over here, at least he's YOUNG!!!

IF THIS IS TRUE, I WILL, I WILL...

I don't know what I'll do, but I wont be happy to say the least thumbdown.gif

After the dozens of posts I've made regarding the fact that we should not persue old has-beens and focus on youth, we may sign Thomas. It doesn't make sense. I would rather Grigorenko over here, at least he's YOUNG!!!

Not true I bet.

I heard Leafs, not Wings.

Well...we lack quality wingers at the moment. Thomas would be good to add some scoring punch to the fourth line. Something like Williams-Franzen-Thomas. As long as he doesn't play many minutes, he could be alright. I'd prefer to see a young winger in our system though instead of him.

What's up with all the negativity around Stumpy. He's a good player. I think it's pretty obvious management wasn't going to go for a youth movement this year. Having a guy who could score around 15 goals for about minimum salary is better than putting in some kid who isn't ready and can't contribute.

Well...we lack quality wingers at the moment. Thomas would be good to add some scoring punch to the fourth line. Something like Williams-Franzen-Thomas. As long as he doesn't play many minutes, he could be alright. I'd prefer to see a young winger in our system though instead of him.

How about Grigorenko, he's a young winger. He may not quite be ready, but I'd certainly rather him over here developing instead of a 42 year-old!

What's up with all the negativity around Stumpy. He's a good player. I think it's pretty obvious management wasn't going to go for a youth movement this year. Having a guy who could score around 15 goals for about minimum salary is better than putting in some kid who isn't ready and can't contribute.

Disagree. Lets start preparing for the future, why is this lost on everyone?

Disagree. Lets start preparing for the future, why is this lost on everyone?

Like I said, the Wings aren't going for a youth movement this year. They clearly showed that by bringing back Stevie and Chelly and keeping guys like Shanny and Lang. If Stumpy is playing for the Wings it is not like he is taking a roster spot from some top prospect. Most likely that spot would have gone to some other fourth liner or minor leaguer.

Edited by HenryMalredo

How about Grigorenko, he's a young winger. He may not quite be ready, but I'd certainly rather him over here developing instead of a 42 year-old!

Grigorenko isn't ready yet, if he was you know he would certainly be in a wings jersey this season. Putting a kid in the NHL before he's ready (especially after being in a severe car accident) could do permanant career damage.

It just makes no sense.

Holland said (to paraphrase) that he has 3-4 forward positions. Murray, LaCouture, Franzen, Hudler, Willams, Mowers, MacLean, Manlow, Ellis, etc. will be competing for these.

There's no room for Thomas on the 4th line.

Unless he's going to be our answer to the void on the 2nd line Wing. Which is scary.

Igor is staying in Russia this year. They would rather him have more 1st line work in Russia then a few mins a game as a 4th liner here. Staying in Russia gives him a better place to build his stills so he will be Truely Ready next season.

Stumpy's #2 option is the Wings and it will be announced within a couple of days.

Simple, Thomas is a LW, Grigorenko is a LW.

Solution, play Grigs instead of a 42 year old who registered 1 assist during the 2003/04 playoffs.

I know Grigorenko might not be ready, but he is a better option than Thomas!!!

Simple, Thomas is a LW, Grigorenko is a LW.

Solution, play Grigs instead of a 42 year old who registered 1 assist during the 2003/04 playoffs.

I know Grigorenko might not be ready, but he is a better option than Thomas!!!

Grigeniko is 90% healthy and will play in NHL next year. Also, if Datsyuk does come here we only have around 1.5 M left to spend so Thomas is essential a budget player, and it is seeming Dats will be back as his old club matched the offer and he said he won't play for them.

Edited by TheGoonSquad0208

Teams going for youth movements usually are watching the playoffs from home.

At least they'll enjoy long-term success starting in a few years, something we'll only be dreaming about if we continue down this ridiculous path.