• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaolla

Rumor: Steve Thomas signs with Wings

Rate this topic

I'm usually not one to complain about signings, but gimme a break. I sure as sh*t hope that this isn't true. Why waste money on him? Let a youngster from GR get some experience before you sign a player that is 7 or 8 years past the end of his prime.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. We do not need a 42 year old on the team, no matter how sweet a player he is/was. I have no problem w/ Stumpy, but he is NOT what the team needs.

By the same token, what possible reason do you guys have for screwing up the development of one of our top prospects by making him ride the pine in the NHL instead of getting top line minutes in Russia? You guys do want him to turn into a decent NHL player, right? Not going to happen if he doesn't get ice time. If Holland says he ain't ready, he ain't ready.

By the same token, what possible reason do you guys have for screwing up the development of one of our top prospects by making him ride the pine in the NHL instead of getting top line minutes in Russia? You guys do want him to turn into a decent NHL player, right? Not going to happen if he doesn't get ice time. If Holland says he ain't ready, he ain't ready.

Who says he has to 'ride the pine'? With everyone saying that Holmstrom should be a 1st or 2nd line winger this season, why shouldn't Grigorenko be? 15 minutes a night couldn't hinder his development to the extent where he wont turn into a 'decent NHL player'.

Holland says Grigorenko isn't ready for the NHL and needs another year. He's the GM. I've never even seen the guy play; all I know about him is what I've heard about him. I would guess the same is true for most of the ppl on this board. Detroit's got one of the top scouting staffs and best player analysis in the league. They didn't even think he was ready to come to the rookie camp (unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he was there).

I'll take their words for it.

this is a good signing if it's true... thomas is a seasoned vet... who will provide depth and good leadership for all of our youth this year... as for GRIGORENKO... he would've been here one or two years ago if not for the accident... he is back to where he was before it and the wings just want to see if he will be worth the investment by allowing to see if he is capable of further evelopment.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Well he is a RW(which the Red Wings are desperately lacking), but damn hes definitely up there in the age department. I mean he did get released by the Wings for a reason. But If hes still got game left, then I guess im ok with it. But if hes got nothing left in the tank then this is just a waste of time and money.

this is a good signing if it's true... thomas is a seasoned vet... who will provide depth and good leadership for all of our youth this year...

Yzerman and Chelios provide plenty of leadership on their own, not to mention Lidstrom, Draper, and Shanahan.

I'm just sick of people in the hockey world saying Detroit are a bunch of old farts.

And they were saying this back in 2002.

I was very jealous of Calgary's fast young hungry gritty team in the 04 playoffs.

Please, I do not want Detroit to be old and slow any longer. I would rather miss the playoffs.

Maybe Thomas is a fall back option in case the Datsyuk meeting/decision doesn't go our way on Sunday. If we are not getting Datsyuk, I could see Stumpy being part of an "offense by committee" type of situation. He would be a far cheaper option than Bondra (about 20% of what Bondra supposedly wants), and would contribute at both ends of the ice. Whether we get Datsyuk, Thomas, or Bondra, I still see us keeping a few guys from the group mentioned previously (LaCoutre, Murray, et al). If we do get Datsyuk back, however, I also have to say NO WAY to Stumpy!

i think the signing is ok not great but this is the first year cap and a 1 year deal if he sign it will be is a stop gap u gotta look at injurys and stuff if the youth don't play good and we start the season bad he played ok in the end of last season

- the playoff but then again not many play well

i'm not for the signing or againest it but mybe he can still put a bit in for 1 year when a few of our players will have that bit of exp in gr russia ect ....

imo smile.gif