• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaolla

Rumor: Steve Thomas signs with Wings

Rate this topic

What is Deadmarsh's current status? Maybe we could invite him to camp too.

Thomas has trouble because of his age, Deadmarsh is 1 hit away from being a cocanut because of his head injuries.

Edited by Rivalred

I'm just sick of people in the hockey world saying Detroit are a bunch of old farts.

And they were saying this back in 2002.

I was very jealous of Calgary's fast young hungry gritty team in the 04 playoffs.

Please, I do not want Detroit to be old and slow any longer. I would rather miss the playoffs.

Agree. Short term pain eqauls long term gain! thumbup.gif

Thomas has trouble because of his age, Deadmarsh is 1 hit away from being a cocanut because of his head injuries.

I know all that. The same thing could probably be said for Lindros, Roenick, and several other guys around the league. What I meant is whether Deadmarsh is going to anyone's training camp...planning to retire...etc. Does anyone know?

I know all that. The same thing could probably be said for Lindros, Roenick, and several other guys around the league. What I meant is whether Deadmarsh is going to anyone's training camp...planning to retire...etc. Does anyone know?

Last I heard, Deadmarsh had pretty much written off ever playing again.

Retire from what I read.

The Wings would be better off signing my pick Sergei Berezin. He is Russian and would come cheap. He knows what reality is.

Edited by Rivalred

At least they'll enjoy long-term success starting in a few years, something we'll only be dreaming about if we continue down this ridiculous path.

i agree we need to go for the youth movement but , this year , with yzerman wanting one more year as well as chelios, obviously this is not that year. next year hopefully the youth movment will happen but its not happening this year so thomas as long as he can help the team is great for a one year contract this year.

Retire from what I read.

The Wings would be better off signing my pick Sergei Berezin. He is Russian and would come cheap. He knows what reality is.

Berezin is committed to Russia for the season, and probably the rest of his career.

Well, there goes that idea...

Considering the amount of mixed rumors lately (mainly concerning Datsyuk), I'm believing when I'm seeing some evidence about Thomas's signing.

If it's true, I hope that Holland has some kind of strategy that REALLY needed adding one more old man...

Stumpy did not sign with Detroit. PERIOD!!!!

Bill Watters is full of Sh___

Thomas said this morning on the FAN 590 that he had an offer on the table from a team close to Toronto and he would be acting upon it soon if the Leafs didn't at least invite him to camp.

Stumpy did not sign with Detroit. PERIOD!!!!

Bill Watters is full of Sh___

Thomas said this morning on the FAN 590 that he had an offer on the table from a team close to Toronto and he would be acting upon it soon if the Leafs didn't at least invite him to camp.

Team close to Toronto...hmmm...how about Buffalo? biggrin.gif

Holland has said that Hudler will compete for one of the final two forward spots with five other players.

It's expected that the following ten guys already have roster spots at forward:

Lang

Zetterberg

Draper

Franzen

Yzerman

Shanahan

Holmstrom

Williams

Maltby

Mowers

If Holland is having Hudler compete with five other guys, then there's no room for Thomas.

Hudler, Ellis, MacLean, Bootland, McDonnell, and Manlow are the six forwards currently with a Detroit contract not on the roster (not including Datsyuk), according to RWC. Hudler makes 633k, the rest are minimum wage. Only Ellis' contract extends past this season. That would indicante that those six guys will be the ones competing for those two spots.

That would suggest that Thomas si not coming back...and the fact that anyone would think so is silly.