WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

Kristi you are too funny! That Hudler one make me a little ill. :bad:

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#20122 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

I am in dire need of a hug. My beloved Kira is dying as we speak. There are no words I can say other than to tell you how much it hurts. A kind word would not go amiss if you are so inclined.
Posted Image

#20123 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

Oh, my dear.

I am so sorry. I know you were so attached. You gave each other love and friendship and brightened each other's lives.

I don't remember who said it (some famous person upon being informed of the death of a friend), but this quote has stuck with me: "And now, my dear friend, for the first time, you have caused me pain".

Sending big hugs your way.

#20124 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

Thank you, Karen...I do appreciate it.

I think of her when we took her to the ocean the first time...the wave came in and she jumped right out of the water - all four paws in air. It was funny. And I think of her when my father was near death...she laid by his bed and wouldn't leave. My poor sweet baby...What a long, adventurous life she's had...she's seen both oceans and a lot of places in between...gave me my dear Galen to have for almost eight years...given us a lot of love and laughter. I almost wish I could trade places with her so she could give more joy. God, I'm gonna miss her.
Posted Image

#20125 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

I am so sorry, Pat. I know how much Kira means to you... and how you suffered when Galen passed away. I am crying for you all, that's so tough. Hang in there, I love you. (((hugs)))

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#20126 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Thank you, dear Loo...she is resting comfortably right now...her systems are slowly shutting down. I know there is nothing I can do for her, so just make her as comfortable as I can. I've been up with her since 6:30AM...I just want her to go peacefully. That's all I can ask for.
Posted Image

#20127 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

((((Hugs)))) Pat. I know it's probably harder on you than her. She knows you are with her and is taking comfort in that fact I'm sure.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#20128 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

My darling Kira is gone. She crossed the rainbow bridge about 4:35. It was peaceful and painless for her....not so for us. We grieve as best we can. But I know she's now with Galen and they're having fun. We put a Barney in with her shroud, and she will be buried with her favorite toy. Bless you, my baby. :wub:
Posted Image

#20129 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

:unhappy: We love you, Pat and Terry, and we love you, too, sweet Kira. Rest in peace, and romp with your beloved Galen in eternity.

:bye2:

I am so sorry, Pat. I am crying all over my keyboard, there is something so hard about losing a pet/member of the family, even when you know it's best for her. ((hugs))) all my love, loooo

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#20130 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Thank you, my dear friends, for the kind words and hugs. She lived a long and happy life...I honestly believe she saw more of the world than most people see in their lifetimes. She saw both oceans (and played in them), traveled from the Canadian border to the Gulf, and a lot of places in between. She was a Canadian traveler too, in the days when you could travel without too much hassle. She went to Red Wings camp as well, even though she hated the pucks hitting the boards. Buried in the archives of pics is one of Kira sitting on Terry's lap at camp that Dave Guralnick of the Detroit News took years ago.

Loki has been very quiet this afternoon. When Kira breathed her last, Loki went and sniffed at her and licked her. I swear he knows she's gone and he is grieving in his own way. And when we were taking her out, I twisted my knee and went down in a heap...in tears of pain. Loki gave me a face full of kisses. He knows - I know he does.

Again, I thank you all, my sisters. I love you dearly.
Posted Image

#20131 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

I'm sorry Pat. You always have the wonderful memories with her. I know you and Terry are hurting very much right now, we all love you. (((hugs)))

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#20132 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

I am sitting here, bawling. I am so sorry, Pat. My heart grieves with you. I know what Kira meant to you. You have Loki to comfort you, so that's a good thing. Love you!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#20133 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

Pets bring out the best in good people. Hugs to you and Terry and Loki.

#20134 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

Thank you, my dear sisters.

We laid Kira to rest right beside Galen. My great niece Tiffany is here, and she is making them each a headstone, with their names and dates, and also flowers and puppy biscuits drawn on them. Then they'll be engraved. She's so clever and creative.

Meantime, we're managing. Loki is a big help. We're also puppy sitting an eight-month-old American pit bull puppy named Deuce. He's a character! :)

I don't like the fact that I'm now having to hobble around on crutches because of the knee being trashed. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate crutches??? :furious:
Posted Image

#20135 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

The only good thing about hobbling about on crutches is that it's better than hobbling about without crutches when you are hobbling.

Since this is the Hot Wings thread, I am going to help you get a bit lighter in the head. I hope it will translate to lighter on the feet.

Commence head-lightening:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20136 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

You have no idea how much I needed that. *hugs* If I haven't told you lately how much I appreciate you, consider it done. Especially that last picture. Yum yum! :wub:
Posted Image

#20137 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

I agree about the last one. I went into my files to find some new ones to upload to my photobucket for you, Pat. When I saw that one, I wondered why I hadn't already uploaded it.

I'm glad it gave you a smile through this tough time.

#20138 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

Posted Image
Our newest member...he's a little scrawny in this picture. If he works out and gets a little more buff these types of pics will be very nice!

Posted Image

I really like this one!

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#20139 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Posted Image

I really like this one!

Oooooh..... :)

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#20140 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

I.... I like scrawny goalies. :blushing:

Welcome Jonas! We can't call him Gus, that's Nyqvist. Gus-gus!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users