• Please log in to reply
20656 replies to this topic

#20241 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

So I'm on a new medication that they said might raise my blood pressure, which is normally quite good. They suggested I stop in and get it checked just to be sure.

I've been kind of stressed what with work and the lockout and all, so I realized that I should relax myself. I remembered Pat saying that she had once relaxed herself at the dentist by thinking, "Pasha Pasha Pasha".

Since thoughts of hockey are currently raising my blood pressure, I decided to avoid hockey players. I sat in the chair thinking, "Tory Belleci, Tory Belleci, Tory Belleci".

I think it may have raised it. Apparently Pat is much more pure of heart and mind than I am.

Hey, Pat: Check your BP now-
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20242 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

My blood pressure is just peachy, thank you. My smile is a little bigger, and my heartbeat is a little faster, but that's okay. :)

A "Mythbuster", eh??? Well, at least it isn't Jamie... :lol:

P.S. Don't feel bad, I love the show too.

Edited by Kira, 12 October 2012 - 10:30 AM.

Posted Image

#20243 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Between Tory and Grant, and the fact that I love the scientific stuff and am a huge Star Wars geek, I have to be a Mythbusters fan. It's in my contract.

Hopefully this pic shows up for those of you who need a visual:
Grant is on the left. Tory is on the right. Kari is in the middle.
It's hard to find a good pic of Tory. He usually has a goofy look on his face.

Posted Image

Edited by 55fan, 12 October 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#20244 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

I really believe that the show should be required watching for science classes...watch it and then come in the next day and discuss what they did and why the kids think it either did or didn't work.

My favorite episode was when they blew up the cement truck. That was way cool!
Posted Image

#20245 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

I actually just woke up from a dream that Grant was teaching me quantum physics. Maybe there is too much of a good thing.

We need hockey boys. Now.

#20246 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

If he could make quantum physics easy to understand, that would be nothing but a miracle. I couldn't get through physics in college to save my soul.

And yes, we do need the boys back...like last week.
Posted Image

#20247 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

How about some pictures of strapping young Griffins to pass the time? These are from the warm-ups of Saturday's game. Some of the guys are a little hard to identify- I don't know them well enough to see, like, half of a hand in the corner of a shot and be like, oh, that's Mule's glove! But I labeled them as best I could.

Chad Billins, Tomas Jurco, Gustav Nyquist, Francis Pare, Brendan Smith, Jordan Pearce:
Posted Image

Close-up of Jurco talking to a trainer:
Posted Image

Thomas McCollum, Louis-Marc Aubry, and a small portion of Brendan Smith:
Posted Image

Mitch Callahan, Thomas McCollum, Francis Pare, and Brennan Evans:
Posted Image

Thomas McCollum, Francis Pare, Chad Billins, and Jordan Pearce:
Posted Image

Gustav Nyquist, Tomas Tatar, Brennan Evans, Landon Ferraro, and an unidentified nose-scratcher:
Posted Image

Close-up of Brennan Evans leaving the ice.
Posted Image

Full album here: http://s12.beta.phot...lldogs 10-13-12

Brennan Evans might get to be my hockey boyfriend this season if the NHL stays locked out.He doesn't cause me the delightful internal flippy-flop feelings like Manny & Conks do, but he is definitely fine to look at. I think I have to see him again in person to make sure. :tounge:

Edited by Jenny, 15 October 2012 - 12:18 PM.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#20248 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Hmmm. I have friends who have season tickets to the Griffins. I may have to see if we can get to some games.

The place to possibly see the guys after the game is Peppino's, down the street from the arena. They usually stop by afterwards. I've met quite a few of them there. And it's good food!
Posted Image

#20249 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

We went to Grand Woods for dinner and a drink before the game, over one block and around a corner. We had to pass by Peppino's to get there, and it sure smelled good! May have to try it out next time. :-)

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#20250 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

That's our regular place to go after the game. The guys come over afterwards and hang out, and if you're lucky some of them will stop at the table and talk to you. Last time we were there Chris Minard (who has since left, unfortunately) came over to our table and talked to us a good five to ten minutes. Nice guy!
Posted Image

#20251 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Haven't been in here in forever, but I had to come wish everyone a Happy Halloween! Know what that means....

http://www.jibjab.co...ab&cmpid=jj_url

#20252 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

I was hoping we could avoid that.

Ms. Loo, I will ship your little goodie either tomorrow or Wednesday. I expect to hear a loud "squee" when it comes to you.
Posted Image

#20253 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

I was hoping we could avoid that.

Ms. Loo, I will ship your little goodie either tomorrow or Wednesday. I expect to hear a loud "squee" when it comes to you.

Thanks, honey... you're a doll. It brightens up the vast plain of no-hockeyness out there, just hearing your voice.

Kristi. Stay warped, my dear, we'd not know you, otherwise. :bye:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#20254 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

So I went back to the place where I found your little goodie, Loo, and it turns out that the guy has something a couple of people here would love to have - an autographed pic of Ozzie fighting Patrick Roy. I don't remember what he wants for it, but it's pretty reasonable, if I remember right. If anyone might be interested, I can hook you up with the person who has it.

I also came home with what Terry said was my anniversary present - a 16x20 framed pic of my Pasha. Nice pic, not signed, but hopefully that can happen later.
Posted Image

#20255 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some Pasha for Pat. :wub:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#20256 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

http://sports.yahoo....lay-in-khl.html

Pasha article: he's playing for no less than a team run by Feds! At least Pasha's having fun, while we all waste away here without him.... sigh~

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#20257 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

I love you! Thank you for the big smile on my face!

So Pasha misses us...honey, you don't miss us even a fraction of the amount I miss you. :( And I do miss you something awful.

Loo, your goodie was put in the hands of the USPS yesterday afternoon. I expect to hear a big squeal of glee sometime next week.
Posted Image

#20258 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hi, Pat!! I got the lovely goodie, love it soooo much!! I squeee'd a bit, I admit. :lol:

I will miss my goalie forever, so this is very special. How anyone could part with it, is beyond me, but luckily you and Terry came along and sent it to someone who would appreciate it... me!! Thank you for my early Christmas present, sweetie, love it and have added it to the hockey shrine/office in a place of honor.

Oh, yeah... for inquiring minds, this is what Miss Kira sent to me 'cause she's awesome!!!

Posted Image

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#20259 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

Tickles me pink that you got it, and in one piece. I'm happy that you're happy...but it must have been a little squee, because I didn't hear it. Oh well...you're happy and that's all that matters.
Posted Image

#20260 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Tickles me pink that you got it, and in one piece. I'm happy that you're happy...but it must have been a little squee, because I didn't hear it. Oh well...you're happy and that's all that matters.

I squeee'd very quietly, as I had a house-guest from Hell who scoffed at all things hockey and fun. She did not share my joy over such a lovely gift from my beloved sister.

I went in my bedroom and proudly displayed the lovely Dommie cap, where I could see it and smile. :wub:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users