All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

Let's alternate words, Linda.

I'll start.

Kristi...

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#20402 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Well, OK.  I don't see Kristi here on LGW much anymore... so I will tell you. 

Sunday morning, game day, we get on the elevator in the lovely Hilton Hotel across the street from the Nashville arena -- we stay there, since the Wings do, also.  Lots of potential access!).  We were headed outside to wait on the corner, where the Wings walk across the street to practice.  Fans stand there to ask for pics or autographs as the guys go back and forth from the hotel.  That's where all the pics I have with players were taken - by Kristi, obviously.  ;)   

I have some great ones of her, but will ask if she wants to post them.  I can, if she wants me to.

Anyway... the elevator doors open.  And there's Hank...all dressed in his nice suit and looking very fine, indeed.   As the doors begin to close, he lunges for the door to stop it from shutting.  I think, "He's going to make a break for it!  Get away from the crazy Wing nuts!!"    But... no.  He noticed that Kristi dropped her phone on the floor just outside the elevator doors.  She didn't even notice.  And I was too busy looking at Hank.  :lol:

He handed it to her, saying I think you dropped this.  She thanked him sweetly, and we proceeded to tell him that we all love them, no matter what.  We believe in them and will always be behind them.  He smiled, and said thank you, and then said "We REALLY need two points tonight..."  with this sort of wistful voice.  Awww.... we told him not to worry, that we KNEW they would win.  We have total faith in them.  He exited the elevator and off he went to practice with the rest of the boys.  When we saw him later on (when I got a pic with him), Kristi reminded him that she wouldn't be able to take the picture, if he hadn't rescued her phone that morning!  He laughed and said, "That's right!!"   That's why he's smiling in the pic with me.  Sweet!

We ran into Abby the day before, in the SAME elevator.  He was dressed in baggy shorts and a plain t-shirt, ball cap, scruffy.  He studiously ignored us.  LOL~  Stealth Kristi snapped his pic.  Ignoring us.  ROTFL!! 

We have dubbed the Zata/Pasha/Abby line the "Elevator Line," in honor of our encounters with 2/3 of the line on the Hilton elevator. They played magnificently, as you all noticed.  We think they should be doomed to ride that elevator with us in perpetuity.  Or at least as long as they want to keep winning.  :w00t:

By the way, I think I already said this... but photos don't do Henrik Zetterberg justice at all.  He is gorgeous in person.  :wub:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#20403 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

What a man!  :wub:

Knight in shining... sweater and shorts?

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#20404 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

I thought you all wanted the skinny on this trip.  No?

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#20405 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

The skinny, fat, and everything in between with the possible exception of details on your bodily functions.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#20406 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

With my luck, I'd drop the damn phone down the elevator shaft.  No rescue for that.

What a lucky break for you two! 

Posted Image

#20407 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

So tell us all about Mickey.  Was he having Ginger Ale?

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#20408 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Mick's about the cutest thing ever.  He was very sweet and chatted with us nicely in the hotel grill, where Kristi and I were having lunch.  He said he had to catch a cab, but then went over to the other side of the room where Kenny Holland was sitting at the bar, and proceeded to sit there for at least another hour.  Pesky cab!!   LOL!

I forgive him his fib, he didn't know we were not crazy ladies and that we meant him no harm.  He's still adorable.  I asked him the next day to sign my jersey and he was so nice.

Here are my autographs from this trip.  Sammy's for you, Karen.  AND I cornered the ever elusive, haunted Pasha.  I forced him to sign.  It was tough.  Mickey's lovely legible signature is my favorite.

611ce764-a10d-4e0f-8bb5-39976e7df518_zps

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#20409 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

Ever elusive Pasha, eh?  At least you got him!  Haunted, I don't know.  Haunting?  Oh yes.  He haunts my every waking thought. :wub:

Posted Image

#20410 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

He always looks like the boogie-man is after him.  He was not friendly, but he was patient... more or less.  I don't think he likes being exposed like they are at Nashville.  He hides behind other players and doesn't make eye contact -- but maybe he's just trying to get his game face on.  When he hits the ice, he's smiling and laughing.  The ice is his happy place, otherwise he's out of his element and uncomfortable.  That's how Dom was, too.  I understand the mentality.

The rest of the guys are friendly, aside from Cleary who is usually a grump.  Most of them are quite nice and seem happy to stop and take a pic or sign something.  They're very good to fans, for the most part.   I love them ALL to pieces.  Go, Wings!!!

And Mickey.  :wub:

The Kennys are very small, by the way.  Ken Daniels is hobbit-sized, and Kenny Holland not much taller.  I was surprised the first time I saw them in person.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#20411 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hobbit sized?  That's quite an assessment coming from one who is admirably petite.

I'd feel gargantuan around an assembly of you and the Kens, seeing as I'm 5'10".  I'd best not hang around you guys too much.  It could be a hard hobbit to break.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#20412 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

I am sturdy, no worries... but I could take either Kenny down, no problem.  Booga!!

I am taller than Ken Daniels, in heels.  Me.  Not him.  LOL~

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#20413 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

I don't know about Ken in heels.  Does he have the legs for them?

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#20414 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Thank you Loo for telling them the story! Henrik was just a total sweetheart. I told him I'd have a wonderful story to tell everyone. That he rescued my phone. 

I'll let Linda tell you what happened POST-game back at the Hilton.

Be kind Loo. :P

#20415 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

He always looks like the boogie-man is after him.  He was not friendly, but he was patient... more or less.  I don't think he likes being exposed like they are at Nashville.  He hides behind other players and doesn't make eye contact -- but maybe he's just trying to get his game face on.  When he hits the ice, he's smiling and laughing.  The ice is his happy place, otherwise he's out of his element and uncomfortable.  That's how Dom was, too.  I understand the mentality.

The rest of the guys are friendly, aside from Cleary who is usually a grump.  Most of them are quite nice and seem happy to stop and take a pic or sign something.  They're very good to fans, for the most part.   I love them ALL to pieces.  Go, Wings!!!

And Mickey.  :wub:

The Kennys are very small, by the way.  Ken Daniels is hobbit-sized, and Kenny Holland not much taller.  I was surprised the first time I saw them in person.

Somewhere deep inside me, I honestly believe he hasn't gotten totally over his shyness yet.  I think there are times he still doesn't feel quite comfortable.  And yet whenever I see him up at camp, he always makes me feel like he's happy to see me.  I don't know if it's just that he knows I won't do anything stupid or what it is.  Strange.

And you're absolutely right about Cleary.  He's a grouch.  Cold.  Just a real turn off to be around.

Posted Image

#20416 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

I still haven't heard the back story on what happened at the hotel.  I'll bet it involved alcohol.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#20417 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Um, well... I don't recall much about the weekend (besides breakfast) which didn't involve alcohol, so... yeah.  :innocent:

We were very, very happy with our Wings and their shut out performance vs. the struggling Preds.  I was not suprised to see them show up huge, as they generally do in my presence.  I should be going to every game, clearly?  So, we made our way through a crowd of happy Red Wings fan -- there were MANY in attendance, as usual.  Back to the hotel bar & grill which we love so much. 

We actually have a certain booth we favor at the Hilton sports bar, with views of multiple TVs so we can ask for games to be shown.  It even has an electrical outlet so we can charge phones.  Home, sweet home!

The after-celebration included artisan pizza (Hilton makes the best!) and multiple RLD martinis (raspberry lemon drops, FTW!).  It was Sunday so we kind of forgot they close at midnight, not 2AM.  The server, Andrew, cashed us out and abandoned us... but not before we balked at the bill, saying -- no way we drank that much!!  Uh, yes, we did.  :blushing:   The lovely bar manager brought us both a martini for the 'road' and closed up after he kicked us out.  He knew we were staying just a few floors up in the hotel, or he otherwise wouldn't have done so, I am sure.

Speaking of kicking:  multiple martinis do not lend themselves to Michael Jackson moves in the hotel hallway.  I was going for ice, trailed by Kristi (aaheeeheee!!  shimon!!) and heard a thud behind me.  Draw your own conclusions about what might have transpired.  One should not attempt certain moves while fueled with that much vodka, that's all. 

I do not have pictures.  Son of a dammit!!  LOL~

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#20418 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Somewhere deep inside me, I honestly believe he hasn't gotten totally over his shyness yet.  I think there are times he still doesn't feel quite comfortable.  And yet whenever I see him up at camp, he always makes me feel like he's happy to see me.  I don't know if it's just that he knows I won't do anything stupid or what it is.  Strange.

And you're absolutely right about Cleary.  He's a grouch.  Cold.  Just a real turn off to be around.

I like Cleary, but he's had his day with the Wings.  Hope he moves on after this season, honestly.  We have too many good kids who need to be in his spot (Tater Tot comes to mind)

As for Pasha, nobody - and I mean NOBODY- was threatening him or bothering him.  He just was avoiding everyone and ducking and running as he normally does, at least in Nashville.  The fans there were completely respectful.  No one was attacking other players, who seemed happy to stop and take pics and sign for folks.  He didn't seem shy, he just seemed annoyed.

I had to cross the street to catch him, and if several other people hadn't stopped him already, I wouldn't have gotten him to sign this time either.  So maybe it's just the open environment there that he doesn't like?  Or he doesn't like Nashville in general?  Or it's me?  Who knows, who cares?  He doesn't hurt my feelings, since I know Dom  often behaved similarly.  It's their nature, and the way they deal with situations they don't like.  I hope he retires a Wing or at least stays until we get on our feet again, before he goes home to Russia to be a rock star and play for the KHL.

I am glad you all have such a nice relationship, though, since I know how much you love him.  :wub:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#20419 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Thanks, Loo, for sharing all the exciting stories!  Ken D. is really short.  I'm 5'4" and he was only as tall as me with small heels on (me, not him :) ).  But a super nice guy, as is Mickey Redmond.

Pat, I'm gonna see if I can come up for the ticket sales in TC, but I may not be able to get out of work.  I might just have to drive up for the day like I did a couple of years ago.

Edited by Miss Wing Queen, 21 April 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#20420 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,750 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

sounds like you guys had a great time! :D

here's a nice Hank pic :wub:

tumblr_mllgt0upRh1s44lt8o1_400.jpg

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

1 user(s) are reading this topic