i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#20542 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Now that's what we need in here.  More Z.

#20543 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

Z = hot.  Ready for hockey, here.  Yeah....

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#20544 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

When in doubt, add more Zetterberg.

EricssonNOM.jpg

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#20545 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hi ho, hi ho

To TC we will go...

Today's the day!  I will see my Pasha in 24 hours or less (I hope)...love it.  Can't wait to see who else is there.  Will post pics too.

Posted Image

#20546 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

Have fun!  Can't wait to see the pics.

Tell our boys that all of us who live far, far away wish them well and would hug them if we were there.

(You realize that you'll have to serve as a proxy for those hugs.  Oh, the sacrifices you make for us!)

#20547 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'm heading up tomorrow.  I'll look for anyone about.  BTW, I have an extra ticket for Sat.'s alumni game and Sun.'s red and white game if anyone wants them or knows of someone that wants them.  PM me if so.  $25 each.  I'm going to post this in ticket exchange too.

#20548 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

This is the first I've had internet access, so if this runs long, I apologize in advance.

It's not been all that great a week.  It started out bad, when we got here and found out Terry left his insulin at home.  So a quick run back home to get it set us back.  Then during the setup of the trailer, the stabliizers got bent, so they had to be straightened - all four of them.

Thursday started out bad.  The powers that be wanted to put us in the back of beyond. In an area as far away as you could get and still be considered in the arena. A pillar to block the view, and railings right at eye level for anyone sitting...they were as inconsiderate of our feelings about it as they could get. So we wound up sitting out in the hall by the windows. And still Terry couldn't see. Needless to say, we were (and still are) ten shades of ticked off.

But on the good side, I did get to see Jakub Kindl and Petr Mrazek, and Jakub fell in love with Loki. "I love dogs!" he kept saying while petting Loki. I have a pic with them together.

Friday, oh, Friday...really bad. The morning started with our friends having their truck lose its brakes...$320 in repairs. And then, after Terry went home and got his insulin, he set it on the sink for his Friday night shot, and the bottle fell and broke. We're scrambling to save what we could, filling every syringe with insulin to save it. Wouldn't you know it was Friday the 13th.

But on the good side, I got a hug from dear Pasha, and the last of my jerseys signed by him. Tom McCollum came out and I got a pic with him and Loki. Saw Tom and Pasha that day. And we told Pasha if he wanted to go fishing to let us know. His eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas with a room full of toys! I've never seen him so happy!

Saturday, Patrick Eaves came out and he and Loki instantly bonded! I made sure to ask about his dear Reuben, and he said he's doing fine. "Msybe I should bring him up to camp!" "Oh hell yes, do that. I'd even volunteer to babysit." I got some pics with him and Loki, and a couple pictures with him. I told him we share the same birthday. "Really? How cool!" I saw Ken Kal, Mike Babcock, Mikael Samuelsson and Jim Howard, and also Mitch Callahan and Luke Glendenning (who took a pic with Loki. Luke said, "I'm not famous yet." That's okay, we got your signature so that when you are famous, we can say we knew you when!

Today, it was so bad Terry didn't get to see a damned thing. He sat with Loki across the room reading while I tried to see the Red and White game. I'm so depressed by everything that happened, it's been a total disaster. I don't know if we'll come back next year or not.

I will try to get the pictures posted on Facebook. Meantime, we'll see what happens tomorrow. It can't be much worse than it's already been.

Edited by Kira, 15 September 2013 - 09:26 PM.

Posted Image

#20549 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

That's just rotten luck, Pat, especially about the insulin.  I hope that he has enough to make it through.

I hope the rest of camp goes better.  At least you got to see your Pasha. :wub:

#20550 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

We came home today.  I didn't get a chance to go back the last couple days and see my Pasha again.  It hurt to drive out that way and not see him.  As I drove by I whispered, "Vaya con Dios, mi corazon".  I couldn't cry because I was driving, but you can bet I sure felt like I wanted to.

I don't know right now if we'll go back.  I hope so, but I'll not hold my breath.  But I know why it was so jinxed - Cleary's picture on the tickets.  That says it all.  Jinx!  :angry: :censored:

Posted Image

#20551 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

I would imagine any sort of training camp trip is better than none at all.  Hope you had some fun, anyway.  I would settle for a day off and a trip to ... pretty much anywhere, personally.   Get me outta here!

I am probably alone in this, but I like Dan Cleary and think he will be an asset this season.  At least he doesn't go sit down when he's got a boo-boo -- he plays through it and shows up.   There a couple of them who don't show up when they're healthy, for that matter.  :glare:

Today is Kristi's 40th birthday (Chelischick).  She doesn't come here much anymore, but I thought I would rat her out, anyway.  :w00t:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#20552 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

We came home today.  I didn't get a chance to go back the last couple days and see my Pasha again.  It hurt to drive out that way and not see him.  As I drove by I whispered, "Vaya con Dios, mi corazon".  I couldn't cry because I was driving, but you can bet I sure felt like I wanted to.

I don't know right now if we'll go back.  I hope so, but I'll not hold my breath.  But I know why it was so jinxed - Cleary's picture on the tickets.  That says it all.  Jinx!  :angry: :censored:

Pat, I'm sorry that you had such a horrible experience.  At one point, I saw you and Terry sitting by the tables on the concourse, and I wondered why you were up there instead of down by the ice where you usually are.

I was asking Patty Eaves about his girls at home and his new boy, and I asked how his four-legged boy was too, which he laughed at.  Pavel did come out Monday morning from what I heard as well as Friday.  I was mad that I left just before Ozzie came out after the alumni game late Saturday night, especially because I thought I saw his jeep leave.

In regards to your comment about the tickets, the day of the in-person sale, I bought mine and looked at them and thought, "Well, they made a huge mistake putting Cleary on here when he probably won't be back."  Then when he "signed" with Philly, I really thought it would be awkward.  Then the whole controversy of him coming back.  I know I thought "bad juju" for sure! Who knew TC was such a hot-bed for the latest breaking news, huh?

#20553 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

The problem is that they moved the wheelchair section - down to the other end of the arena, and upstairs.  If you sit up there you don't see anything but a big pillar and the railing right at eye level.  It was so disheartening.  And it was like no one cared when we said it sucked.  Apparently the head honcho has moved to South Carolina, and commuted up here for camp, letting the head of security do whatever the hell he wanted.  And he took advantage of it...the "absolute power  corrupts absolutely" theory came into play.  He thought he was God, and he caused nothing but trouble for a lot of people.  Me personally, I think he should be subjected to spending time in a wheelchair.  Not a day, not even a week.  Let's start with a month.  Five will get you fifty he wouldn't last one day without going absolutely bat guano crazy.  But it's just what he deserves.

They tried to tell us that the coaches were the ones who asked for the change.  I don't believe it.  Yes, I know there were some people who kept bugging the players as they would walk by to stop and sign things, but it was never us.  We'd say hi and that was about it.  If the guys wanted to stop and talk and pet Loki, that was cool by us, but we never instigated it. 

I have some serious letter writing to do to the powers that be up there, and you can bet I'll be raising some hell (diplomatically as I can, of course).  Meantime, I'm not sure about next  year.   I want to go back because it's really the only thing I ask for during the year.  But on the other hand, if Terry can't enjoy himself, it makes me miserable and it's not worth the aggravation.

Posted Image

#20554 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Write that letter, and if it doesn't get you results, write one to anyone you can think of.

It might be a stretch, but it is possible that the railing at eye level may be enough to raise a legal question.  I don't know Michigan law, but there ought to be something on the books about fair and equal accommodations. 

Heck, write one to the team.  If they remember Loki and you, maybe they'll raise a little on your behalf.

On that note, if you know anyone in the media, this sort of thing gets the team bad press.  I'm not saying go that route now, but it can be a good tool to use against the great tool that moved the section.  Sometimes a good threat can do more than good reasoning.  Shame, really.  Common decency ought to be the motivator.

There's no reason that Terry and the others should be pushed out of the way.  Everyone else has the option of decent seating.  They should too. 

#20555 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Camp pics are  over on Facebook.  As i couldn't post them all at once, they are in groups of 3 and 4 for the most part.  Good luck and good hunting.

Posted Image

#20556 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Here, Pat... all for you!

pashadirect2013_zpsa218cd7d.jpgpashapuck2013_zpse9e66609.jpg

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#20557 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

I saw them...I love them.  He's so damned handsome!  :wub:

That man does things to me I don't even want to think about.

Edited by Kira, 08 October 2013 - 10:18 AM.

Posted Image

#20558 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Happy Birthday to Hank today!! The big 3-3.

swel-zetterberg.jpg?pictureId=4531383

#20559 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

<sigh> Just when they get old enough to be in the dating range that I wished they were in when I first saw them, that age gets out of my range because I've moved up too.

Happy Birthday, Hank.  Good thing you've got Emma.

#20560 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Anyone want to see some pics?

9841c137b247affffc9e366ca30e34ac.jpg

kronwall375.jpg

Jimmmy.jpg

Img226-1.jpg

n596906540_1050485_7422.jpg