20656 replies to this topic

#11761 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

Hi Inga, this is Pat.

You have an advantage over me because I never got to meet Boyd. But he always struck me as a nice guy.

You have become a hit with Loo, I can tell you that. Those of us who are here on a regular basis know better - we know Dom is worth his weight in gold, and this team would not be where they are without him. I hate these idiots on here who treat him like he just escaped from a leper colony or worse. How soon we forget half of what brought us to this place.

I promise I won't tell anyone I saw you here...unless I get your permission first. Then all bets are off. wink.gif
Posted Image

#11762 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

***((((HUGS!!!!)))) Inga and Pat!!****

I love you both for understanding (and standing up for) my wonderful goalie. Thanks, Pat, you're awesome - but you already know how I feel about you. Dom's been treated like a second-class citizen all season in Detroit, and when he made one mistake in a game, they couldn't wait to kick him to the curb. He deserves far better than this... But, there is only room for one number 1 goalie, or at least that is all most fans can handle around here. No way they could give credit to one guy, without assuming that means they have to hate the other. Simple minds, simple reasoning, I guess.

Dom's career has entailed so much more than just this season could ever dictate. Yes, he's older, and when the team wasn't stellar in round one, the Preds wore Dom down. It happens. He's been an icon in the NHL for years, and nothing about a bunch of people who dismiss him and whine worse than Crosby ever though of doing ( pot meet kettle... ) changes one iota of that fact.

I've been a fan of Dom's since I first saw him play in 1990 for the Indy Ice (he was stuck there to avoid bruising Eddie Belfour's ego in Chicago). He was quirky and cute and jaw-dropping to watch, even then. He'd been the top European and Czech national goalie for years before coming to the NHL, a fact a lot of people don't even have a clue about. His success in Buffalo was nothing short of astounding, but you know, as I do, it was nothing but skill and other-worldly talent that won him 6 Vezinas. Should have been seven. Who and where is Jim Carey, again? Mistake, that. I remember him handing Ottawa defeat after defeat, and thought it was hilarious when the Wings let him go and he wound up there. laugh.gif

Anyway, Dom gets credit from the people who know him best: his true fans and his team mates. The Red Wings know what he meant to them this season, even if the average fan has trouble comprehending it.

I have a secret crush on Mats Sundin. What a man. When he stayed with his Leafs, no matter what... well, it confirmed what I knew already. Character like that makes Mats a winner for life, Cup or no Cup. He's awesome. He's a Swede. They make great cars and incredible hockey players.

Thanks for the kind words, and welcome to our little corner of heavenly men.

xoxo, Loooooo

Edited by puckloo39, 01 June 2008 - 04:17 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#11763 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:57 PM

Loo, I stood up for your guy in the general forum - under the over/underrated thread. I said Dom was the most under appreciated player on the Wings. I told the group that they treated Dom like he escaped from a leper colony or worse, and said enough was enough.

I hope I did right.
Posted Image

#11764 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Kira @ June 1, 2008 - 05:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Loo, I stood up for your guy in the general forum - under the over/underrated thread. I said Dom was the most under appreciated player on the Wings. I told the group that they treated Dom like he escaped from a leper colony or worse, and said enough was enough.

I hope I did right.

I did see that, and thank you for being brave enough to actually stand up for Dominik. One other person agreed with you, besides me. laugh.gif

It's fine to have an opinion in the general forum.... so long as it's derogatory toward Hasek, evidently. I got attacked (as usual) by one certain small-minded poster who only posts when he can find something to attack me personally about, in whatever I say.

I really do get it, you know. This season is the Cinderella Story for Ozzie, and he is Prince Charming, with Dom cast as the Ugly Stepsister. I get it, already. dry.gif

Dom won the games that were winnable, and lost the ones that weren't. Same for Ozzie... it says something that they won exactly the same number of games, with the same number of goals allowed. Only difference is Dom took the blame for every goal he let in, and Ozzie took the blame for none. Interesting double-standard, but not unexpected amongst LGW'ers.

There is a thread in the GF about who should get the Cup handed to them first if we win. Overwhelmingly, it's Prince Charming. hehe.gif So, are we going to hate on Nick if he is bold enough to hand it to Drake or Lils or Stuart, or someone else who's never won before? I can see some of these people being that stupid. No problem imagining that at all.

As I have said, I don't care who gets it first or last... just don't boo and throw garbage at the Ugly Stepsister. That's all I ask at this point.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#11765 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:11 PM

I'd like to see Drake get it for sentimental reasons. The one I can't wait to see is Mac. I want pictures of that. Talk about the Cinderella story of the year! A year ago he didn't know if anyone was going to want him. Last fall he had no job and nothing going for him. Now he has faced his problems, taken the bull by the horns, asked for the help he needed, and has had the fortitude to stick to it. I love that man. I love the people in his life who have stood by him.

Let's see this again:

Notice Homer in his old #15.

And this, but probably a different child on his shoulders since Griffin is a bit too big now:

Edited by 55fan, 01 June 2008 - 07:13 PM.

#11766 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:36 PM

I love Mac. I have such a "thing" for him. It started when I finally got to see the Wings play live in Nashville. Watching him skate around, waving to the kids lining the glass, tossing pucks over, he's just awesome. And I know if I said anywhere in the general forum that I thought he was hot, I would be laughed off the board. But in here I can say it. I think Darren McCarty is HOT and I'm not ashamed!!!

#11767 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:46 PM

I don't care who gets the Cup first. As long as it's a Red Wing.
Posted Image

#11768 tiff_luvs_homer

tiff_luvs_homer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Kira @ June 1, 2008 - 10:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't care who gets the Cup first. As long as it's a Red Wing.

now that's the spirit! I don't think they care who gets it either... to tell you the truth, the moment is probably so surreal for them they probably don't even remember half of it while the celebration is happening. They're just in seventh heaven... after all, some of them have waited their whole lives for this moment!

Thank you TeeMan for the awesome sig!

"I'm a bad skater, you know but I don't need this $hit" - Tomas Holmstrom

#11769 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:59 PM

All I know is when I see my Pasha with the Cup I will be crying tears of joy

Posted Image

#11770 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:16 PM

I just picked Drake since he has waited so long for it, and Mac because he has put so much into it. Of course I want it to be a Wing. Any Wing.

Yes, Mac is HOT! In a rough and tumble teddy kind of way.

#11771 tiff_luvs_homer

tiff_luvs_homer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (55fan @ June 1, 2008 - 08:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's see this again:

Notice Homer in his old #15.

I'm glad it's his backside, because this is probably before he got his good teeth.... laugh.gif

Thank you TeeMan for the awesome sig!

"I'm a bad skater, you know but I don't need this $hit" - Tomas Holmstrom

#11772 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:24 PM

I think Chris Osgood is just beautiful. He has such a gorgeous face.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#11773 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:10 AM

Whatever blows your bagpipes...
Posted Image

#11774 katiephd

katiephd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Electrophile @ June 1, 2008 - 10:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. Speaking of Ozzie, did anyone else notice that he wore a suit, not the usual Wings jacket and hat, to the post-game presser after Game 4? Aww. wub.gif
Babcock: Nice to win, eh?

#11775 FischerFan1973

FischerFan1973

Never Give up Hope!!!!

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:10 AM

Some newer pics of Fischer! I've missed him in the playoffs!!

GO WINGS!!!

#11776 brit_1102

brit_1102

Franchise...?

• Bronze Booster
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (Electrophile @ June 2, 2008 - 12:24AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I definitely agree. I also notice the suit, Katie. I thought it was SO cute, especially since he looks so adorable all dressed up. wub.gif

Loo, I'd never seen that video of Hank and Pav from a few pages back and that has got to be the sweetest thing I've ever seen! Thanks for posting it! thumbup.gif

Edited by brit_1102, 02 June 2008 - 09:11 AM.

IPB Image
Thanks Jen!

#11777 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (brit_1102 @ June 2, 2008 - 09:10AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Loo, I'd never seen that video of Hank and Pav from a few pages back and that has got to be the sweetest thing I've ever seen! Thanks for posting it! thumbup.gif

you're welcome, sweetie. It makes me happy that our guys are so fond of each other. That's what makes this team extra-special, I think -- the way they hang together, through thick and thin.

Speaking of thin, Jiri looks very skinny to me. I read somewhere that he's really been working on his diet and what he eats, to try and manage his heart issues. I am just glad to see him healthy and smiling. smile.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#11778 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (FischerFan1973 @ June 2, 2008 - 09:10AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some newer pics of Fischer! I've missed him in the playoffs!!

GO WINGS!!!

This should tell all of you how juvenile I really am. When I saw this pic, the FIRST thing I thought was "Why is that guy holding a flag that says 'fart'?" biggrin.gif

Loo, you're right. He does look realy thin. Still handsome, but I thought he looked better with a little more meat on him. But if he can manage his condition better, I don't care what he looks lke as long as he's well!

Anybody else already got the jitters for the game tonight?

#11779 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (ChelisChick @ June 2, 2008 - 10:14AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This should tell all of you how juvenile I really am. When I saw this pic, the FIRST thing I thought was "Why is that guy holding a flag that says 'fart'?" biggrin.gif

Loo, you're right. He does look realy thin. Still handsome, but I thought he looked better with a little more meat on him. But if he can manage his condition better, I don't care what he looks lke as long as he's well!

Anybody else already got the jitters for the game tonight?

precisely what I thought, K. What does that say about us?? laugh.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#11780 FischerFan1973

FischerFan1973

Never Give up Hope!!!!

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (puckloo39 @ June 2, 2008 - 11:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
precisely what I thought, K. What does that say about us?? laugh.gif

I hadn't noticed that, but now that's all I see!! hehehehe.

Jiri is very thin now! But he's healthy and that's all that matters!!

I could not sleep last night! I'm so excited! I have tickets and I can't believe that I could be there when we win! goal.gif It's been a dream of mine to be there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users